I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Dancing on Ice 2013
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Jason's statement re skate off

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
He can heal the sick

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jason's statement re skate off
    Posted: 07 Jan 2013 at 14:32
For clarification re: last night's decision on DOI. The Skate Off/Save Me Skate is a chance for the contestants to go head to head and convince the judges to save them. The judges can not take into account anything they have done before or what potential they may bring to the show for the future. As Philip clearly states, we must judge solely on the performance they give in the Skate Off. Therefore it was a unanimous decision to save Keith by all four judges because Pamela made quite a few errors throughout and Keith didn't. This is what makes the Skate Off so unpredictable and exciting.

As for the barrage of abusive comments on Twitter towards the Judges, I would like to point out that the public vote ultimately decides the bottom two for the Skate Off. Therefore Pamela didn't receive enough votes either because she isn't popular enough or people just assumed she would be safe and didn't vote. Either way, her performance during the Skate Off cost her and Matt their continuation in the competition.

Which is fair enough. The thing is, wasn't there a really good celebrity skater pitted against a really ropey one in the the skate off and fluffed the routine but was saved?

I'm trying to think of who it was, because I definitely remember it.
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2013 at 04:03
Evil, obnoxious Jason, made it back then???....
Looks like ITV lost their main 'star' then (Pammie), I heard Keith Chegwin skating?? I would never of imagined that ever, can't last long surely??
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
Brekkie View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote Brekkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2013 at 23:43
Originally posted by Alex

Which is fair enough. The thing is, wasn't there a really good celebrity skater pitted against a really ropey one in the the skate off and fluffed the routine but was saved?

Going back a couple of weeks (it was absolutely the right decision) and I think you might be referring to Gary Lucy.   Can't remember who he knocked out but he fell over at the end, but it was deemed to be after the routine as the music had stopped - even though he hadn't actually finished the routine.
killersbee View Drop Down
Royal Blue
Royal Blue

Quote killersbee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2013 at 21:57
Originally posted by Alex

The thing is, wasn't there a really good celebrity skater pitted against a really ropey one in the the skate off and fluffed the routine but was saved?

It was the one where Daniella Westbrook and Gary Lucy were in the skate-off. Jason chose to save Daniella, it was Karen & Robin (and Nicky) who voted to save Gary.

Edited by killersbee - 30 Jan 2013 at 21:57
Catwoman: "For one if I was a bloke, I would not flirt with you two. I have standards."
Toots: "If I had a figure like Ola's, I'd wear that outfit to Sainsburys!"
 Post Reply Post Reply