I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Chat
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

what havn't you seen

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
moonshine View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote moonshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: what havn't you seen
    Posted: 03 Dec 2012 at 19:38
i was having a conversation the other day about things that have been on the tv or in films and i would say aout of the ten of us i was the only one that had never seen an ep of startrek or any of the films....nor have i seen any twilight , vampire diarys or starwars ...hogwarts thingy

everyone seemed suprised that i had not even ventured a look at any of these

anything passed you by that has turned out to be popular

or have i been the only one

moonshine
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2012 at 21:24
I have not seen any Lord of the Rings movies. I don't know if I will see the new Hobbit movie. My younger sister was in New Zealand last week where all those movies were made and she said it was Hobbitmania over there now. I have not seen the more recently made Star Wars movies either.
I have to admit I was a Trekkie and one of our TV stations has been airing 3 episodes of Star Trek Next Generation every Wed night and 3 episodes of Star Trek Voyager every Sat night.
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2012 at 07:48
Apart from a bit of the original star wars film, out over 30 years ago,  i haven't seen any, have no urge, have not seen any Lord of the Rings things, haven't even read the book, (people were really into the book when i was at school again over 30 years ago, i think, or was that Watership down??) is the hobbit the same thing??  I have no idea what a Hobbit is btw.
Haven't seen any Twilight movies, is there a Bella in it?? know Robert Pattison is in it and something about Vampires maybe?,  and no Rocky movies either!!
Have no interest in  Star Trek either, passed the small town of 'Vulcan' in Alberta, drove right on past the 'museum'
As you can tell not really a big movie goer!!

Edited by deborah31 - 04 Dec 2012 at 08:44
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
Toots View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Toots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2012 at 07:49
I have never seen, or want to see,'The Sound of Music'. Neither have I ever seen those daft 'Made in Chelsea' or 'TOWIE' programs, but feel that I have because they are never off the TV adverts.
I used to watch Corrie but stopped when Percy and Phyllis left and I haven't seen Emmerdale since the first few episodes in the 1970's. I have seen a bit of Eastenders but wasn't impressed. When I tell people that I don't watch soaps they look at me as if I'm an alien!

I DO enjoy a good drama, Lewis and before that Morse, any Agatha Christie,,, even the USA ones and of course, I have been a Treki since the 1960's but have never been to a convention
Inside every elderly person there is a young person wondering what the hell happened
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2012 at 08:51
I haven't seen any soaps for a long time either Toots.
Ok i do know a lot of names and plots now, as the adult day centre I help at some of the adults have the 'soaps' or a particular soap as their obsession, so have got to hear some of the plots and names. but it means nothing to me really.
I had no idea who Charlie Brooks was before I'm a celeb (now i did watch a bit of that with my daughter)
I did try to watch the Coronation street live episode, only knew a couple of characters, from when i did watch, ie Sally,Kevin, Rita , and the Tyldsley's and Audrey, that was about it.
Have never watched Eastenders, too depressing i think, have never been a fan of Emmerdale, altho i believe the Sugdens are the main family (still??)

My kids are currently into 'Friends' now i never watched that the first time around, so catch the odd episode now, when i sit down with them, they have to explain all the characters, and relationships/partners/babies, over and over to me, but i must admit it is funny, don't know why i never watched it, but then i do, i was never in!! lived overseas, and didn't watch TV until i came back to the UK!!
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2012 at 10:09
Originally posted by Toots

I have been a Treki since the 1960's but have never been to a convention

I haven't been to a convention either, but there was a display at Sydney's Powerhouse Museum in the late 1990s. They had costumes, props and sets. I looked at the female costumes and thought how thin some of the actresses had to have been to fit into them, since they were pretty body hugging.
In 1999 I did go to Las Vegas where at the Hilton Hotel at the time, had a Star Trek attraction including a ride, we got to mingle with actors dressed as Klingons and Ferengi (who were part of the ride experience story line). They also had a display and you could get a drink from Quark's Bar. I do have a collector's Barbie and Ken doll set in costume from the original series of Star Trek as well as Mr Sulu and a communicator badge that beeps like on Star trek when its pressed. (Sad but true).
Toots View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Toots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2012 at 17:26
Originally posted by MargiABC

Originally posted by Toots

I have been a Treki since the 1960's but have never been to a convention

I haven't been to a convention either, but there was a display at Sydney's Powerhouse Museum in the late 1990s. They had costumes, props and sets. I looked at the female costumes and thought how thin some of the actresses had to have been to fit into them, since they were pretty body hugging.
In 1999 I did go to Las Vegas where at the Hilton Hotel at the time, had a Star Trek attraction including a ride, we got to mingle with actors dressed as Klingons and Ferengi (who were part of the ride experience story line). They also had a display and you could get a drink from Quark's Bar. I do have a collector's Barbie and Ken doll set in costume from the original series of Star Trek as well as Mr Sulu and a communicator badge that beeps like on Star trek when its pressed. (Sad but true).

I wish I'd been with you Margi! Those women's costumes, must have been hell to get into. Seven of nine and Troi must have been on permanent diets
Inside every elderly person there is a young person wondering what the hell happened
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2012 at 23:51
We would have had a lot of fun Toots.

I keep away from action movies with Sylvester Stallone and Bruce Willis in them (although I did see Looper only because of the time tavel theme, but the movie had a lot of violence in it). I also give Jim Carey movies a miss too.
Toots View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Toots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2012 at 09:06
I tend to give sad & weepy films  and also violent films and programs a miss  too Margi. Real life is bad enough!
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2013 at 06:36
Originally posted by MargiABC

I have not seen any Lord of the Rings movies. I don't know if I will see the new Hobbit movie.

I caved in and saw the Hobbit a couple of weeks ago. I did enjoy it.
 Post Reply Post Reply