I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Strictly Come Dancing 2017 > Aida's World Famous SCD Blog
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The North Wind doth blow ...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Aida View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Aida Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The North Wind doth blow ...
    Posted: 01 Dec 2012 at 23:30
... and we will have snow before the weekend's out if it keeps this up!

What the f*ck! Have I just had some kind of dreadful hallucination or were all ’the stars of our show’ riding pantomime horses?

I can’t take much more of this bollox, I’m not in t’mood!
I’ve just staggered into the house, fresh from a Victorian Christmas market and frozen to the bone, but not as frozen as I would have been if the hubba hadn’t had the foresight to take one look at the (in his words ‘unsuitable‘) clothes I’d selected to wear and secretly slipped my flying-jacket into the boot of the car.

Despite the flying jacket, the hubba’s scarf tied round my head like a pirate and pretending to cry until he gave me his gloves as well, the wind here Oop North was blowing straight from Scandinavia and saw no reason to hesitate to go straight through my corduroy leggings. As if I hadn’t suffered enough, I discovered my fashionable little new boots aren’t waterproof either!

I still think he was going too far when he told me that if I looked up ’Eejit - female’ in a picture-dictionary, I’d see a picture of myself smiling back at me!

Anyway, we’re home and just in time - I’m having hot chocolate with a shot of brandy to warm me up, and a nice hot curry later! If the cats don’t like it, they’ll just have to sulk - I’ll never forget the sight of their smug little toasty warm faces as I tottered into the living-room, shedding outdoor clothes as I came - a smug look which vanished like snow in summer when I shoved them off the sofa to get closer to the radiator. Never mind, they needn’t worry about losing their places because Mamma won’t leave them again - I’m doing the rest of my Christmas shopping online!

Oh, God, we’re off and just look at that clown Forsyth sidling along sideways like an elderly crab - in his head, he’s probably tit-tupping away in time with the music! Tonight, Tactless has decided to give us all a laugh by wearing a navy polyester ’satin’ sheet, split up the front and accessorised by the sacred belt and a clunky necklace. For the hundredth time, or so it seems, the nation got a glimpse of her entire gusset when the old fool almost slipped and caused her to do a sort of vertical version of the splits!

What did they say? Three weeks to the final - yayyyyy - all together now - Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Hall-ay-ay-looo-yah! I’ll be free at last!

Blimey - who’s Gnasher’s Prisoner of the Week - it’s that old trout Widdy - I don’t know which one’s the worst!

All right - I’m warm now - get on, get on, get on - who’s first?

The Girl Aloud and Pashion:-
God, her voice gets on my nerves, can’t she mime talking like she does singing?
Tsk - the jive - hate it, just hate it - with or without the life-size cuddly toy!
Rotten - no doubt t’joodges will love it!
Hmmm - Bruno’s clearly had a few before kick-off, even Craig seems mellowed by something - I wish they’d force a bottle or two down Dreary’s neck and bliddy shut her up!

Danni Beaker and Vinthent:-
Forsyth’s singing the wrong bliddy words, the silly old buffer! Shut up, I want to see- Vinthent walthing, Loved it, loved hith gondolier’th get-up, her beautiful gown and the gorgeous, fabulouth *proper* danthe - jutht perfect!
Ah, eccolo Bruno - il parlo Italiano - e bellissimo!   Oh, God help us and save us, Dreary’s off - droning on and on and on and being a bliddy waltz expert! She’s a bliddy insufferable know-it-all! ‘Bon Jovi’s not Italian, you old d*ckhead!
I don’t know how Vincente feels when people pretend to be/speak Italian‘ and come off like music-hall turns, but it makes me frigging furious!

Michael the Cricketer and Tina Sparkle:
I love the sarmba - I quite like this music too - as per, she’s wonderful and he’s - erm - trying very hard.
Taxi for Michael!

Nicki Westlife and The Lone Brunette:-
The Argentine Tango - this’ll be atrocious from these two - actually, it isn’t, it’s rather good, dramatic, interesting and with some great steps and attitude! Colour me amazed - not standing up and screaming, yelling and hooting amazed - but - Oh, God - the mood is instantly destroyed by the Premier Dancing Expert of the World! Will *nothing* shut her up, have they tried curare? Now Auld Len’s talking it down - and Craig too - why - it was good?
Aha - I just remembered - The Impostor and the Jordan Boor will be slated to be ‘the best of the night’ even if they both fall over twice and forget all of the steps!

Oh, Hell’s Bell’s - is she still here? I thought these two had gone last week!

Lisa Dingle and the Kwik-fit fitter:-
The Quickstep - yes - yawn - wonderful, quick, light on her feet, full of joy and life - yadda, yadda, yadda - complete with ‘comedy’ diving into a bed (?) element at the end - which went wrong!   They must have had that yellow fabric left over from Russel’s ‘fried-egg’ costume last year?
Now Bruno’s hurt himself having a cadenza - and I just noticed, because for once I wasn’t rolling my eyes when she started droning - what the hell has Dreary got around her neck - it looks like a diamante miner’s lamp!

The Impostor and the Jordan Boor:-
I can’t be bothered with this pair, I’m off to have a wee and a quick game of throw the foam brick with Solomon and Orlando. Lola doesn’t play games with me because she doesn’t like me - she prefers chasing and fetching her jingle ball for the hubba.

Oh, damn - I’m back because they don’t want to play in case they lose their places on the sofa again, so unfortunately I’m in time for the salsa - I hate the bliddy sarmba -and what a horrible frock that is, it looks like one of V ermin’s creations. Of course, I *am* only an amateur, so what do I know - besides, I can almost feel t’joodges limbering up and lining up their superlatives.
Oops, Bruno must have lost his script - he’s criticising - and now the Jordan Boor’s striking up and trying to get audience support for his humble altriusm! Where’s the bliddy sedative nurse - can’t see her - take a tip from me, dear, whatever the doctor wrote Dreary up for this week, next week get him to double the dose!
And now old Goodman has leapt into the breach and stuck up for them - yes, yes - they’re wonderful!

Yawn - Next!

C’mon Louis, my sugar-lump, dance fast then I can get my supper! I’m *famished*!

Luscious Louis and Fast Flavia:-
Judging from that red hat, this must be the Charleston - and it was *wonderful* and I absolutely loved it!    I don’t give a flying f*ck what t’jooges think and will risk a couple of quid voting for them if they look to be in danger.
Well, well - going by the comments, they might be okay, although they actually deserved ‘10‘s across the board!

Right - it can’t be long until the bloke from the Indian takeaway will be banging at the door, Barca are beckoning - so I’ll tart this up a bit later and post it when I come to see who’s gone!

It had better not be Louis!

Cats were once worshipped as gods in Ancient Egypt. They've never forgotten this.

Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2012 at 00:23
ha ha Aida as usual you make me smile - I was late back tonight after venturing out in the cold too  - you know you love us and venting re SCD :)) and it really would not be the same without you

TashaK View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote TashaK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2012 at 10:40
Thank you, Aida

Hope you're all well at yours now   

I forgot to say in the main thread that I found Dani's dress a bit strange. It could have been nice but it looked like a sparkly dress over a t-shirt that framed her barely covered chest. Maybe it looked better in real life but, to me it just looked bizarre.

Before you criticise someone walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you do criticise them you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.
Catwoman View Drop Down
Royal Blue
Royal Blue
Dan's Diva

Quote Catwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2012 at 14:10
Thanks Aida a good read as always.
ministerscat View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote ministerscat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2012 at 17:04
how dare you call her the Imposter
she is the "planned favourite" for the show
Mike&Karen dance novices but SCD junkies
Aida View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote Aida Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2012 at 19:12
Originally posted by ministerscat

how dare you call her the Imposter
she is the "planned favourite" for the show

I dare do anything - this is my bliddy blog!

Incidentally, if your comment was meant to be a joke, a smilie such as - - would have helped!

Cats were once worshipped as gods in Ancient Egypt. They've never forgotten this.

Tups View Drop Down
Swallows
Swallows
The Queen Of Tarts

Quote Tups Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2012 at 20:29
hahaha.. Oh Aida.. I love you and your blog.. you're the best part of Strictly for me.. I ventured out shopping yesterday and my boots leaked too so I was not feeling my best last night..like you I love fast Flav and Vinthents dances with their respective partners am ready to see the back of Lisa, the imposter want louis and Danni in the finals.. only thing wrong with this will be your last blog.. aint looking forward to that
Tango View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote Tango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2012 at 10:31
Fabulous as always. Very entertaining.  
Enticer
Enticer

Quote Force Ten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2012 at 07:36
Love it Aida, thank you.  My favourites weren't panned by the judges for a change - and what a routine it was! Flavia is a genius with the choreography. 

Goodness knows what the pros are going to come up with next week for the dance fusion rubbish.  There was only one pro that got it looking decent on DWTS and that was Derek Hough who is streets ahead of our pros in terms of choreography.  The only one I might have trusted to come up with something interesting was Tina Sparkle and she's gone Cry  My hopes are now resting on Flavia with their "Rumbango"LOL
Tango View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote Tango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2012 at 08:48
Originally posted by Force Ten

Goodness knows what the pros are going to come up with next week for the dance fusion rubbish.  There was only one pro that got it looking decent on DWTS and that was Derek Hough who is streets ahead of our pros in terms of choreography.  The only one I might have trusted to come up with something interesting was Tina Sparkle and she's gone.

Ooh must have fast forwarded through this information. So can i assume they are doing 2 dances in one? Something like a segue?

Virgin
Virgin

Quote doctordancingdiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2012 at 16:14
This Saturday they have to fuse two dances together as they did in the US version Dancing with the stars. You can see some of the stuff on Youtube. I will go and see if I can find a link.
If you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen!
doctordancingdiva View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote doctordancingdiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2012 at 16:20
See my post above. Example from Dancing with the Stars
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0zvzO0_XUg (This lady was an Olimpic champion in artistic gymnastics so no wonder she's so good)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEBCoEhOSIE
Tango View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote Tango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2012 at 21:53
Ooh thank you for that doctordancingdiva.
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote Aida Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2012 at 07:48
Tango and doctodancingdiva - wll you please not use the blog to have discussions which belong in the main forum - I find it  extremely annoying when I come here to read feedback!

doctordancingdiva View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote doctordancingdiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2012 at 09:57
 Post Reply Post Reply