I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Strictly Come Dancing 2017 > Strictly Frocks
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wem-ber-ley ... Wem-ber-ley ... :Week 7

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Thess View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Thess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wem-ber-ley ... Wem-ber-ley ... :Week 7
    Posted: 25 Nov 2012 at 17:59
Strictly went to Wembley and ??

Dani: another two piece ... why?  Did wardrobe not watch the previous week?  I love those retro sequins and the pearlescent pink caught the lights beautifully.  You'll only know if you've ever worn a dress with these sequins attached, but when you hop up and down (as in the Jive or Quickstep) they make a fluttery noise that is very cheerful!  Anyway back to the dress.  The black around the top was heaby handed and emphasised Dani's lack of height.  The ruffled skirt just looked untidy and unfinished and it was just far too babyish.  I hated it Angry

Victoria: another contrived skirt but this time with spandex leggins underneath. I have nothing whatsoever to say about this frock other than DSI you should be ashamed of yourselves for putting the girl in this.Ouch

Erin: the girl was channelling Carmen Miranda in this frock, all that was missing was a turban of fresh fruit! I love this type of skirt, the heavyweight wiring making the frills bounce with the slightest movement.  This had everything but the kitchen sink stitched to it - lace, sequins, stones, the lot. The trouble is that Erin has a long body and the sheer red stockinette with the twisted chiffon on top emphasised this and the overll look of the dress from the front, was that it was looooong.  Ditch the body stocking and hitch the skirt a few inches at the front, and it would have been much improved.

Denise: terrible frock, absolutely awful.  The big blue strip down the front was unecessary and Denise just looked like she was trussed up like a Christmas turkey.  DSI have definitely scraped the bottom of the barrel with this weeks' offerings. I have only three words for this dress: ugly, ugly, ugly.

Karen: another contrived dress to fit the theme.  But take off the police badges and the stupid tie and this is a fun and flirty little number that danced very nicely indeed.  I like the colour underneath the sheer skirt, it knocks the bright colour back, allowing just a flash o it in the underskirts as they fly up.

Kimberley: and the cutaway hips are back!  I'm starting to get a bit fed up with the fringing now. Have wardrobe bought a job lot?  In flight it's easy to miss how nicely the fringing is cut n the skirt. It hangs in points, as does the fringing on the bodice. A clever use of the gold mid panel, emphasises a slim middle column and keeps the attention away from Kimberley's hips.  Another trend is the broad halterneck strap and I like them a lot.  On this dress it helped to create a sweetheart neckline, which looked lovely. 

Lisa: tutti frutti colours which popped on the floor, gave this little number a bit of pizzazz.  Wardrobe are really getting more daring now with Lisa's top half, with flesh coloured body stocking this week. And getting her legs out too! As with Erin's Charleston dress, the sparkle in Lisa's fringing came from the body stocking underneath.  It's a subtle design feature that I like very much. 

Natalie: another tan dress - I am really not liking this colour at all, although the shaping is lovely.  The fluted skirt danced well although it was another sheer skirt (they usually get stuck in between the legs) and the single strip of whispy ostritch feather, made it look like Natalie was floating on air.  The beads dripping from the bust shimmered under the lights and the dress needed little else by way of decoration.  The row of beading across the back accentuated Natalie's posture accentuated Natalies posture and added some interest to the back view.  At least wardrobe didn't put floats on this one, but can we see the back of hese tan/flesh coloured dresses please? 

Flavia: OK now I KNOW Flavia has pissed off the girls in wardrobe.  She just looked like she had dressed for an evening of social dancing at the school down the road, instead of appearing at Wembley.  If I were Flavia I would have thrown a bit of a strop over this frock. And what was with that stupid pointless red frill on the front?  No, not a favourite. 

My favourite from this week was Karen's. And if Denise's, Dani's and Flavia's dresses got left of the bus back from Wem-ber-ley ... well I wouldn't be too bothered!

Roll on next week which, for me, will occur later this evening!
Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but backwards and in high heels.
 Post Reply Post Reply