I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Strictly Come Dancing 2011
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Strictly rumoured line-up

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Strictly rumoured line-up
    Posted: 27 Aug 2012 at 12:19

From Shrek to Strictly: Girls Aloud's Kimberley Walsh joins Strictly Come Dancing line-up

By Louise Saunders

PUBLISHED: 06:55, 27 August 2012 | UPDATED: 09:23, 27 August 2012

She's one-fifth of one of Britain's biggest girl bands and has had a starring role in a West End musical.

And Kimberley Walsh looks set to add another string to her bow as she prepares to join the line-up for the upcoming series of Strictly Come Dancing.

The Girls Aloud singer has reportedly signed up to appear in the next season of the BBC One show, which hits screens next month.

Hitting%20the%20dancefloor:%20Kimberley%20Walsh%20has%20reportedly%20signed%20up%20for%20the%20upcoming%20series%20of%20Strictly%20Come%20Dancing

Hitting the dancefloor: Kimberley Walsh has reportedly signed up for the upcoming series of Strictly Come Dancing

A source told the Daily Mirror: 'When we heard she was interested we were thrilled. Now everyone's dying to see her moves. She's a great name to have got.'

The 30-year-old Shrek actress joins the likes of Olympic heroes Sir Steve Redgrave and Victoria Pendleton, as well as Westlife singer Nicky Byrne and cricketer Michael Vaughan, who are also believed to be appearing in the celebrity dance competition.

From%20the%20kitchen%20to%20the%20dancefloor:%20Great%20British%20Bake%20Off%20judge%20Paul%20Hollywood%20will%20also%20appear%20in%20the%20upcoming%20series%20of%20the%20BBC%20One%20show

From the kitchen to the dancefloor: Great British Bake Off judge Paul Hollywood will also appear in the upcoming series of the BBC One show

Meanwhile, Great British Bake Off judge Paul Hollywood is thought to have signed up to the upcoming series of Strictly.

A source told The Sun: 'The Great British Bake Off has been a huge ratings success for the BBC and we are delighted that Paul is now on board.

'He has a reputation for being a tough cookie and it will be interesting to see how he copes once he is out of his comfort zone.'

Olympians:%20Victoria%20Pendleton%20and%20Sir%20Steve%20Redgrave%20are%20rumoured%20to%20be%20among%20those%20appearing%20in%20this%20years%20Strictly
Olympians:%20Victoria%20Pendleton%20and%20Sir%20Steve%20Redgrave%20are%20rumoured%20to%20be%20among%20those%20appearing%20in%20this%20years%20Strictly

Olympians: Victoria Pendleton and Sir Steve Redgrave are rumoured to be among those appearing in this year's Strictly

Former supermodel Jerry Hall, ex-EastEnders star Sid Owen, and TV presenters Sian Williams and Fern Britton are also thought to have signed up to appear in Strictly.

Meanwhile, a host of Olympians have also made it clear they would like to appear on the Saturday night show, including swimmer Rebecca Adlington and gymnast Beth Tweddle.

Preparing%20for%20the%20cha%20cha:%20Jerry%20Hall%20%28L%29%20and%20Fern%20Britton%20are%20set%20to%20don%20their%20dancing%20shoes%20next%20month
Preparing%20for%20the%20cha%20cha:%20Jerry%20Hall%20%28L%29%20and%20Fern%20Britton%20are%20set%20to%20don%20their%20dancing%20shoes%20next%20month

Preparing for the cha cha: Jerry Hall (L) and Fern Britton are set to don their dancing shoes next month

Cycling gold medallist Victoria Pendleton said last week: 'The idea of being very glamorous, it definitely appeals to me.

'After wearing Lycra suits and tracksuits for so long and not a lot of make-up I think, yeah, that would be good fun.’

The Strictly Come Dancing launch show will air on September 15 and the first live show is on October 5.

Last year's series was won by McFly drummer Harry Judd.

Champions:%20Harry%20Judd%20and%20his%20professional%20partner%20Aliona%20Vilani%20won%20last%20years%20series%20of%20Strictly%20Come%20Dancing

Champions: Harry Judd and his professional partner Aliona Vilani won last year's series of Strictly Come Dancing

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2194131/Strictly-Come-Dancing-2012-line-Kimberley-Walsh-joins.html#ixzz24kDAg13e
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2012 at 12:27
well thess you get your wish (only prson I like in the lineup)

Loathe Steve Redgrave -great olympiann but too full of himself and bores me to death

thinnk it is unfair for Kimberly to be in it IMO as she was a ballroom and latin competitor a very def advantage even though it was when she was a kid

Toots View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Toots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2012 at 14:14
I can't stand big-head Redgrave. Rowed up and down a man made water way... Hardly Moby Dick was it? I'd like to see him in some of the North Atlantic seas my hubby sailed in! I wouldn't mind if he shut up and kept his head down. He could take a few lessons in modesty from Brad Wiggins could'nt he?

Kimberley will probably win, bet she doesn't get Anton the berk as her partner.

I'm not a fan of Fern's either
Inside every elderly person there is a young person wondering what the hell happened
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2012 at 14:29
ha..ha.. want the berk to get Kimberley!!!!! she'd get well peed of with him i imagine!!!!!

I like Sian, and Vicky Pendleton. Cricketers tend to well don't they??(Michael Vaughn)

Who on earth will dance with the leggy blond texan now Ian Waite no longer dancing tho??
surely a case to bring him back!!!!!!!

not really paid much attention to Steve Redgrave in the past, now you mention it , does have a bit of a smug face!!Whistle

I don't like Fern Britton , so if Kimberley doesn't get the berk, give him to her.... he loves the TV sofa couch people doesn't he?????, don't give them to Brendan (after Fiona) he'll lose it!!!!
altho isn't Brendan fairly tall????iE over  6FT???)so he could have Jerry, and after the farce last year with LULU, gotta be a better partner!!LOL

Just bought my 14 year old daughter two inch heels, that makes her 6foot now,  good job men growing taller these days!!

Edited by deborah31 - 27 Aug 2012 at 18:17
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2012 at 14:59
I wouldn't be at all surprised if Pasha gets Kimberley. Good looking pair.
And it seems to be a trend for new pros to have two good partners in a row.

Edited by Jo Bird - 27 Aug 2012 at 15:00
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2012 at 15:19
hate it when the decision on who wins a show like this is based on how good looking they are far too many of these shows are based on tthat - whenn it should come down to dancing - kim may have the advantage of being a child competitor but like Holy Valance she does not have the likeability factor that will make people vote.

It has to be said that the people who have won in recent years are not as good imo  - and alot of that is down to the trading down of the professional dancers from those who were world class competition dancers to those of rerasonable talent chosen more for looks than their dancing credentials.

whilst I am in full flow if I want to watch the American style of dancing some of which does not bear any resemblence of how the dance should be I watch DWTS I dont really want to watch a watered down versionn on SCD - for this the dancers should be chosen for their dance credentials, ie   trained in the standard style
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2012 at 18:19
Originally posted by Jo Bird

I forgot about Pasha, bet he gets Vicky!! think she's fairly petite isn't she.
Artem could get Kimberley I reckon 

Fern, will have to get one of the bigger/taller guys, how tall is Robin??? (she'll still need a strong man, despiter the gastric band!!!LOLOuch- like i can talk, lol)

Steve Redgrave, also being a 'tall-un' will probably get the Aussie Sheila!!!

Edited by deborah31 - 27 Aug 2012 at 18:20
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2012 at 18:23
btw , forgot to ask, who will be the comedy act this year??

was Nancy last year, Ann Widdy before that????
hope it's Fern, and Anton, LOL, will PMSL, if it is.....LOLLOLLOL
littlesue View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote littlesue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2012 at 19:35
Kimberley and Vickie both around 5ft 5 so about 5ft 7 in those high heels they dance in, was'nt Pasha and Artem around  5ft 9 so they would be OK, I bet Jerry Hall who is about 5ft 11 will get Brendan as he is the tallest.  Fern britton is pretty tall at 5ft 7 so could get Anton.  Sian Williams is about 5ft 2 so will probably get the little Italian (forgotten his name already)!!Confused
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2012 at 20:55
ooh yes Sian should get Vincent, hope it's not like last year, and they give the smallest (Lulu) to one of the tallest again!!!Angry
I really really really really want Fern to get Anton, lolLOLLOLLOLLOLPray
littlesue View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote littlesue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2012 at 21:20
Hopefully James will get FernBig%20smile I suppose they will put the Westlife boy with either Ailiona, Kristina or Ola.
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2012 at 21:49
completely forgot about James!!!!!
isn't he due a 'young un'?????

hasn't he had a couple of older gals , Doctor Pamela, and then I've already forgotten who he had last year, so maybe he will get Kimberly, or Vicky???

oh but as punishment for last year, he may well be given Fern!!!!LOLLOLLOL- she won't stand any nonsense from him!!! LOL

Edited by deborah31 - 27 Aug 2012 at 21:51
Toots View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Toots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2012 at 09:10
Originally posted by Jo Bird

I think you're right Jo. I hadn't noticed that. I'm a massive Pasha fan btw
Inside every elderly person there is a young person wondering what the hell happened
 Post Reply Post Reply