I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Chat
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Boo hoo hoo, hurty broken toe

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
He can heal the sick

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Boo hoo hoo, hurty broken toe
    Posted: 22 Aug 2012 at 11:11
I'd like to say it was caused by an over ambitious landing when I was hang gliding over crystal clear waters in the Med, but considering I was in Ireland with mates doing up my folks' house as my mum has pissed off every local tradesman with her uber fussy ways, the truth is i dropped a hammer on it (really can't get enough of those hammer toes jokes)

Here's a helpful diy tip, when tiling a fireplace, do not start tiling from the top and set them all in one neat row (yeah, I KNOW it seems obvious *aherm*) and then go off for a long lunch, cuz when you get back the hideously expensive (sorry mum) tiles will have fallen and smashed. You need to start from the bottom and go up (I can't be the only one who didn't know that surely?) Also, make sure you clean off every bit of grout, esp if your mum is hanging over you because, later, when it's set it's a bugger to scrape off and she will tell you so (repeatedly).

My mum also managed to piss off a bride (something about her dress that got back to her lol) who was having a big show offy 'talk of the town' wedding literally days before the event and their invites were revoked. We spent an fking hilarious Saturday using binoculars (one pair looking suspiciously new) with my mum standing on a chair like a very old papparazzi spying on the wedding. I was looking (stalking? spying?) as well when my mum suddenly swivelled round and pointed to the sky pretending to look at birds flying across it, i had no idea why until we saw the video cameraman was watching us, wonder how good his zoom was?

my folks were the only ones in the village who didnt go to the wedding (according to her)

she's settling in well ha!

Travelled around Ireland visiting mates. The drug situation in Limerick (and beautiful Clare) is more out of control than ever with the worst spots in and around the rehab centres. Also life for those who piss off ie rat on, suppliers is v cheap, I'm not going to say more but it's brutal.

In other news, like an idiot I forgot to post a link on here a few weeks ago for tix for the paralympics which were plentiful and cheap. I had an idea that they'd be popular, I'm really pleased that for once the Paralympians (that the right word?) will get the support they deserve.

Caught a bit of CBB last night, is it me or are they all a bunch of flakes?

One last thing, chicken satay the easy way

chicken breasts cut into strips put on wooden skewers (soaked in water first so they don't set the barbie on fire, no comment)
tin of coconut milk boiled for 5 mins
half jar crunchy peanut butter stirred into milk

half sauce in a bowl for dipping
other half used to coat chicken which is grilled for about 8 mins each side

et voila! Am world class chef! Jamie Oliver eat your heart out!
Toots View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Toots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2012 at 12:08
OHHHH Alex love! I bet it throbs. I dropped my roasting tin on hubby's toe a couple of years ago. As a nurse I examined it and confidently assured him there was nothing broken. The next day his best mate took him to the hospital for an X ray.... 3 fractures of the big toe... I have yet to live it downTongue
Keep us informed love
Inside every elderly person there is a young person wondering what the hell happened
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2012 at 12:49
I hope your toe heals quickly and you feel better soon Alex.

I reckon the Paralympic games are as good as the Olympics - you get the same vibes and exhilaration when someone from your country wins a medal. I went to the Opening ceremony in Sydney in 2000 and to the finals in the track and field. It was fantastic. One of my students in the Special ed unit at the school I taught at won gold swimming in the 4 x 100 relay that year. He was 16 or 17 years ols at the timeand his disability is intellectual. He got a hero's welcome on his return to school. After 2000, athletes with an intellectual disability were banned from the Paralympic Games when the Spanish men’s basketball team was found to include athletes who did not have disabilities.
I have just Googled his name and he still swims competetively and from what the website said, athletes with an intellectual disability are allowed to compete in the London Games. He was vying for a spot on this year's swimming team. It doesn't say whether or not he has been selected. I'm hoping he has been selected.

Edited by MargiABC - 22 Aug 2012 at 13:03
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2012 at 13:38
I just found the offical team list - he didn't make the team. I feel for him.
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
He can heal the sick

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2012 at 11:29
Thanks Margi and Toots, my pride hurts more than anything plus there's nothing you can do to fix it, I actually started running again this morn, I say, running more of a lop sided fast limp.

Sorry about your student Margi. I missed most of the Olympics due to work and hols so I hope they're televised as extensively as the other Olympics.

I was speaking to a Games volunteer, did you know they get two outfits? I bet they'll be loads on Ebay when the Games are over and they all get a pair of Nikes as well.
 Post Reply Post Reply