I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > The X Factor 2013
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Spice Girl lashes out at wannabes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Spice Girl lashes out at wannabes
    Posted: 18 Aug 2012 at 11:55

Hell B

Spice Girl lashes out at wannabes

Mel%20B
biatchiest judge ... Mel B on the red carpet
By ANGHARAD LLEWELLYN
Published: Today at 00:53

SCARY SPICE Mel B has ripped in to a string of wannabes on The X Factor with a shocking tirade of nasty jibes – making her the biatchiest judge EVER.

She even laid in to one of her own fans — despite the hapless young lad telling her he bought Spice Girls memorabilia as a youngster.

In the first show of the series tonight Mel told nerdy youngster Curtis that his act was irritating — despite a knock-out performance.

She blasted: “You were over-doing the comedic personality. I found it irritating. I’m going to be honest with you. It’s just too much going on.”

Mel%20B
Scary Spice ... some of Mel B's jibes

At one point during the auditions Louis Walsh branded her “Grumpy Spice” and begged: “Mel, be nice.”

He later said that she reminded him of original Mr Nasty, Simon Cowell.

But he added: “We liked the fact that she was honest.”

Mel even picked on 82-year-old hopeful Louis, saying that his audition was a load of rubbish. She sniped: “I actually wanted to fall asleep.”

Comforting the pensioner backstage, show host Dermot O’Leary said: “Where is her heart?”

She later tore strips off student Maria, who sang Christina Aguilera’s Candyman. She warned her: “I’m going to give you a big reality check. Find something else to do. Trying to be a pop star is a waste of time.”

Even straight-talking judge Tulisa Contostavlos was shocked, saying: “And I thought I was bad.”

Mel told hopeful Lucy, a gorgeous girl wearing a polka dot headscarf, red boots and a striped jacket: “You look like a pop star... you don’t sound like one.”

Gobsmacked Louis Walsh said: “That was a bit harsh, Mel.”

Backstage one of the members of girlband Tae Blondo said: “Scary Spice has been living up to her reputation” before adding confidently: “But I think she’ll be nice.”

Their hopes were dashed after their performance when Mel B blasted: “It was lazy and sloppy and one of you was doing it half-ar*ed.”

Backstage, a stunned onlooker said: “She’s just cussing everybody.”

And her fellow judges couldn’t even contain her barbed comments as she told another hopeful: “That has to be the worst audition ever.”

Mel tried to defend herself, saying: “I can’t help it. I really try to contain it — but that was just shocking!”

Nicole Scherzinger, who joined X Factor alongside Gary Barlow, Louis and Tulisa after a slot as a guest judge, said of Mel’s time on the panel: “I thought it was funny. People are going to love her.”

And Dermot admitted: “She ripped up the rule book.”

- GARY LINEKER is set for ringside seats for The X Factor live final — it’s being sponsored by Walkers crisps.

Walkers Extra Crunchy and Pepsi have done a deal which will see them give away hundreds of money-can’t-buy tickets every hour to the show’s live final at the exhibition centre Manchester Central.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/x_factor/4493369/Mel-B-lashes-out-at-X-factor-wannabes.html#ixzz23tVCPWUR
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2012 at 12:40
sometimes i find Mel B annoying, I don't know why. I like straight talking/direct people who speak their mind usually, but maybe she lacks any charm?? can't put my finger on it.
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2012 at 09:07
Maybe its just good editing, but on the Australian X factor Mel B's comments aren't barbed at all. She tells it like it is, but has not been rude to anyone we have watched. Is Mel B still on X factor in the UK? The Australian X Factor is just started boot camp this week. I know they are all pre recorded.

She flew back to Sydney to set up house for the remainder of X Factor here. She had to find an Australian nanny as the nanny she had was sent back to the UK the day they arrived because her visa was not valid.

My niece's friend from high school got through to boot camp. He has got a great voice. When he started high school over 5 years ago he sang in the school musical and at that time, aged 11 / 12 had the most beautiful male soprano voice imaginable. Its obviously deeper now, but still great. We are following his progress.
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2012 at 13:07
I think on the whole Aussies far less offendable than the Brits!! , she probably fits in well!
My hubby while working in Aus, was told he was too direct!!!, LOL
(after us being 5 years in HOlland, where there is no other way!)
miss the directness, getting more 'english' every day again!!
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2012 at 23:24
My niece's friend was given the thumbs down at the end of boot camp , but as a twist, was selected to be part of an X Factor Australian made boy band in the footsteps of One Direction. The band has been named the Collective. They went to the UK and were mentored by One Direction and Ronan Keating who is another judge here.

He has got his final high school exams starting in just over 2 weeks, so he us going to be busy combining rehearsals, the live performances, study and exams. I believe he is quite a good student and my niece has said that he has been helping another contestant who is 14 with her home work.
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2012 at 00:21
One of the contestants Mel was mentoring got through to the first live performance and was safe, but then did something really stupid and was sacked for inappropriate behaviour while using social media. I am glad the producers took a stand and sent a clear message about the expected behaviour of contestants.
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2012 at 06:44
Mel has been a little irritating since her rising star was given the boot for his bad behaviour on Twitter. He was replaced by one of the contestants who just missed out on a place for Mel's final 3 after the home visits. Mel's been a little frustrated by trying to get the replacement up to speed for tbe live performances, having only 1-2 days to prepare for his first live performance. Mel seems to be not getting on with the other female judge, so there was some on air tension

Edited by MargiABC - 04 Oct 2012 at 06:47
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2012 at 03:08
The Aussie boy band 'The Collective" is in the final 4. That's the group that my niece's school friend is in. Elton John will be in Australia next week and guest star on the result show.

Mel has been really nice and encouraging in the last few weeks. Last night the 14 year old contestant, Shiane, was eliminated. It was really sad, but all the judges were very supportive of her. The producers dropped the minimum age limit from 16 to 14 for 2012 and Shiane got as far as the top 5.
Here is Shiane's audition. It was kind of like a "Susan Boyle moment".
Shiane's audition

Edited by MargiABC - 07 Nov 2012 at 03:10
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2012 at 23:27
The Collective have made it into the grand final for next week.
Elton John sang 2 songs.
Mel B has not shown any signs of rudeness to any contestant to date, but Mel and the other female judge, Natalie, are still irritating to each other.
I suppose its due to the show being so near to the end and only having the best of the contestants left has meant that Mel hasn't seen anything really bad performance wise. She has really been encouraging to all the remaining contestants the last few weeks.

Edited by MargiABC - 13 Nov 2012 at 23:31
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2012 at 13:46
The grand final show was great. Each of the mentors aligned with their grand finalists went to their home towns for a visit and concert. Mel B went back with her singer Jason Owen to his home town of Albert, which only has 12 residents; however the population was boosted with fans who turned up to greet Jason and Mel from surrounding districts. Mel was like a proud mother hen. They went to the local police station and thye police handcuffed her for fun, but realised that the keys were not in town; they were in Parkes, which is about 70-80km away. She had to wait, but she was a good sport about it.
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2012 at 09:44
The Collective have been knocked out of the grand final, so its between Jason Owen and the favourite, Samantha Jade (who looks a little like Kylie Minogue)
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2012 at 01:07
Samantha Jade won. Hopefully they all the to 12 will get singing careers out of this.
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2013 at 22:46
Mel B will be returning to Australia this year, but not to X Factor. She has signed to another TV network and will be a judge on Australia's Got Talent. This show used to be on the same TV network as X Factor with Danni Minogue as one of the judges, but the show was dumped and picked up by another station so they didn't want any of the former judges. Apparently she has also been signed up for America's Got Talent so she is keeping to the same franchise.

Edited by MargiABC - 17 Mar 2013 at 22:48
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2013 at 08:48
Dawn French will be another judge on Australia's Got Talent along side Mel B.
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2013 at 15:08
A bit of controversy at the moment. The network Mel B worked for in 2012 has placed a court injunction on her preventing her from appearing on AGT on the other network until 2014. They are saying she will be in breach of contract if she appears on any other network for the duration of 2013. The legal arguements are continuing.
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2013 at 23:19
Mel might not make it to Australia to work in 2013 (well not with her whole family) as Eddie Murphy, the father of her second child will not sign paperwork for his child to apply for an Australian visa (according to testimony given by Mel's husband). I don't think Mel would leave part of her family behind in the US for several months for work.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>