I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Chat
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Aussie cities

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 9>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Online Status: Offline
  Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2012 at 01:25
My younger sister did her degree in Early Childhood Education at Macquarie Uni external studies (she had a diploma and had been teaching for years, but had to upgrade to a degree due to work requirements). Three of the Wiggles - Anthony, Murray and Greg also have degrees in Early Childhood Education from Macquarie. They sang at her graduation (not as the Wiggles - not found fame and fortune then, but as fellow students, but the idea was there based on assignments they had to do). Jeff was in a band with Anthony and Anthony's brother called the Cockroaches in the 1980s to 90s. My cousin used to play with Jeff as children when her parents went visiting his family. She is over 60 now. Jeff would be the oldest Wiggle.

I hope you got some bargains at Eastgardens. A lot of shops are offering big discounts trying to get customers in and a lot also have online stores that they would not have had 2 years ago. They have realised they have to follow consumer shopping trends to survive. I used to shop at Eastgardens with my sister and mother when they still lived at Kingsford. The family home after it was sold has been a 'knockdown rebuild' home to the current owners.
The shopping centres will be busy for the post Christmas sales - maybe that's what people are hanging out for.
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2012 at 05:29
I hope your son is feeling better soon. I hope your daughter doesn't come back sunburnt from the beach. Plenty of slip slop slap.
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2012 at 09:32
of course i remember the wiggles names now!!! anthony, and murray, my daughter was actually singing mashed potato today on the beach!! very catchy, heard they were in the cockroaches a long time ago, and that they were involved in early learning etc...how nice to have known jeff.
when i first joined westpac (about 18 years ago) one of the other trainee programmers i joined with (also called anthony) was a lead singer in a band (sang at a 30th party at another colleagues) he was very good , wonder what happened to him.(altho he also turned out to be an excellent programmer too, was promoted very quickly and ended up being sent overseas with westpac)-altho he too must be now late 40's

despite being on the beach between half hour- hour , we (daughter and I) are quite burnt, didn't feel that hot at 9.00am!! If my daughter was here a year, she wouldn't tan, she just doesn't have the pigment, but you can't tell a 15 year old anything really, she'll just have to invest in spray tans in the future, if she wants to have some colour
Spent a lovely afternoon reminiscing with an ex neighbour, and other ex-pat (English)friends in Clovelly, now feeling it (too much wine)
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2012 at 13:26
Hot enough for you earlier today Deborah? My car thermometer showed the outside temp was 36°C by 2pm today and very humid. That storm made a difference lowering the temp.
Have a happy Christmas. I will be trying out my new toy in the morning - a Yonanas. It makes a frozen dessert with a "soft serve icecream" consistency out of frozen fruit. Its dairy, fat & gluten free with no added sugar, colouring or preservatives. I've bought and frozen over ripe bananas and mangoes. I also bought stawberries and a fresh pineapple to freeze. I will let you know the results after I have made some and tasted it.
I wanted to try it earlier but I bought my sister one for Christmas (gluten free and dairy free diet), so I have to wait until she unwraps her one.
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2012 at 05:09
Merry xmas from coogee too!
what is a yonanas? must of missed them in the shops
been to the beach again today, to watch the sydney-hobart yachts go past
went to WBJ (according to my friends teenage daughter, westfield bondi junction) on xmas eve, wasn't too busy really, thought might of spotted Mel B!! as she has her kids in Bondi public school (i[ve heard), thought she might of been stocking up on the Jimmy Choo's or at Tiffany's there!!

weather hot enough for us today, would hate to be in Perth right now!
Son still lingering,(always sickly recently, he's a tween) but daughter has a secondary infection (everyone still coughing since cold england(except me) so at least she in now on antibiotics since Xmas eve, she still managed to body surf the 4m waves tho!
Travelling sure is tiring tho, we are sleeping forever at the mo.
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2012 at 14:45
The Yonanas is a kitchen appliance I first saw demonstrated on a shopping channel. I have tried it and it works really well. I made soft serve mango with pineapple, plain banana, banana and strawberry and banana amd mango. The banana gives it a creamy consistency. The riper the banana, the sweeter the "ice cream". Fruits with a higher water content comes out like a sorbet. Its a good way to eat fruit in very hot weather. I saw it advertised in a Myer catalogue as well before Christmas.

The shopping centres in Campbelltown were chockers on Christmas eve. It was like half the city left their Christmas grocery shopping to Christmas eve. Not a spare car parking space at Macarthur Square or Campbelltown Mall. Another minor shopping centre had a 10-15 minute long queue to get into the car park. At C/town Mall they had a security guard at the bottom of the travelator doing traffic control as there was a constant queue of people with their shopping trolleys trying to get on.

Edited by MargiABC - 26 Dec 2012 at 14:54
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2012 at 07:22
had a trip down to helensburgh yesterday, boy did that take forever, sydney traffic much worse!! and fast drivers.
saw some australian animals up close, will send some pics!!
deb.xox
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2012 at 22:46
I'm glad to hear you had a good day out.
How many more days are you out here for Deborah?

I always keep to the speed limit so on the M5 or freeway I use cruise control to stay at 110km/hour or less depending on the traffic conditions. It amazes me that cars still speed past me over the speed limit especially since its a loss of double demerit points for speeding and seat belt offences over the Christmas - new year period.
Where the speed limit drops to 80km/hour due to road works on the M5, I am sure some drivers think that because its mainly road work done at night, the 80 limit could not apply to them since its daylight.

I'm glad I wasn't travelling up north along the Pacific Hwy as there were major traffic delays earlier in the week.

Edited by MargiABC - 28 Dec 2012 at 23:03
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2012 at 13:06
Happy new year Deborah, Aussie time.
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2013 at 09:45
had a few great days, happy new year!!
i will send some pics when i get back, as just nipping in and out of internet cafe
been to yarrawarrah today, to visit friends.
I know why it's so expensive here, people earn lots more!! minimum wage here seems to be about 20$!!! now, in england it is about $8 !!!!!
anyway having a great time,just finishing up our left over dollars from when we lived here.
Watched fireworks on the beach last night, and then to a friends house in Clovelly.   Just had a big birthday, but not sunk in yet, back to reality, arrive back in UK , on MOnday, via Seoul (having an overnight stop on way back)
All dashed in to watch Kylie on the countdown!!!
Deb.xox
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2013 at 03:44
Another hot one today with the current temp at 37°C out my way.
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2013 at 18:48
Originally posted by MargiABC

Another hot one today with the current temp at 37°C out my way.
Just read an article in the paper about the heatwave.
Average temps of 40 degrees across the country Shocked
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2013 at 00:40
Tuesday's forecast is 42°C. Total fire bans around different parts of the country. Tasmania had been hit by terrible bush fires with about 100 homes lost. Tasmania is the most southern part of Australia and usually does not have very hot summer weather.
There are also bush fires near Canberra and parts of rural NSW.

Edited by MargiABC - 06 Jan 2013 at 21:33
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2013 at 08:17
They have just announced a total fire ban throughout NSW and the closure of all national parks in the state. There are currently 88 separate bush or grass fires burning around the state. The worst area is near Wagga Wagga in the country. The Shoalhaven area down the south coast is an area of major concern and residents have been out on alert. I have 2 former colleagues who have moved there and their homes back onto bush land. They get kangaroos coming out of the bush to lounge on tne front lawns. The native animals will be in a lot of strife if the fires get out of hand.
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2013 at 08:34
Originally posted by deborah31

had a trip down to helensburgh yesterday, boy did that take forever, sydney traffic much worse!! and fast drivers.
saw some australian animals up close, will send some pics!!

deb.xox

I watched the news tonight. Residents at Helensburgh were evacuated today. The rural fire service sent out text messages to residents. There are now over 130 fires burning around the state with 40 out of control.
Temperatures reached the forcasted 42°C in Sydney with strong hot westerly winds. Luckily the Royal Narional park in Sutherland has escaped any fires, but the authorities are still on high alert as the temp has only dropped a few degrees at the moment. A southerly change expected tonight so tomorrow will be at least 15° cooler.
Rose View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Madam Whiplash

Quote Rose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2013 at 13:06
My Sister and cousins are in NSW - but not near the fires at yet .. cousin's hubby is a bush fire reserve firefighter, my thoughts are with all those affected by these fires ..

Temp yesterday was 43 ..

Hence my cousins dog in his own pool ;

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 9>