I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Chat
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Aussie cities

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Online Status: Offline
  Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2014 at 01:22
Another bushfire yesterday in the Blue Mountains between Springwood and Blaxland. Two schools had to go into lockdown because of the fires, but by late yesterday afternoon, all students were able to go home. It was a scorcher yesterday with temperatures reaching 40°C or higher depending on the location. The residue smoke is drifting over our suburb at the moment. We then had a power failure in our neighbourhood for over an hour about 6pm. Luckily we have a gas cooktop.
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2014 at 11:01
i know it can be hot, it was my daughter's birthday this week, when she was born in Sydney it was 40C outside, i was in luxury for a week at the Randwick women's hospital, just finished (it had moved from Paddington)
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2014 at 15:23
Smoking is now banned in all NSW national parks to help prevent bush fires and reduce litter. Any person caught littering with a lighted cigarette can be fined $660.00. If littering a lighted cigarette occurs on a total fire ban day, the fine is $1320.00.

Edited by MargiABC - 16 Nov 2014 at 15:33
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2014 at 18:45
Originally posted by MargiABC

Smoking is now banned in all NSW national parks to help prevent bush fires and reduce litter. Any person caught littering with a lighted cigarette can be fined $660.00. If littering a lighted cigarette occurs on a total fire ban day, the fine is $1320.00.

Must be ok on the edge then!!
Our friend Faith (who we spent New Year's day with last year ) is a big big smoker!!
her house backs onto national park in Yarrawarrah!! So lets hope she's not chucking her ends over the back yard.
Mutual friend keeps saying if she doesn't pack it in, he'll be flying her back to S.A. sooner rather than later (he works for shipping company at Sydney airport, which amongst other stuff, repatriates dead bodies!!)
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2014 at 21:30
Our third scorcher of a day in a row. Today's forecast is 43°C in my area and it's not summer yet ( well it's only have 2 or 3 weeks away). it's already 25°C and it's 8.30 in the morning, 7.30 if it wasn't daylight saving time.

Edited by MargiABC - 22 Nov 2014 at 21:36
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2014 at 15:05
wish it was that hot here, and summer!!
at least with global warming, we barely get any frost now tho.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789