I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Chat
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Olympics- Cycling

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Online Status: Offline
  Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Olympics- Cycling
    Posted: 19 July 2012 at 13:05
Another excellent programme last night by the BBC, this time on Vicky Pendleton

Should be a good contest between her and Meares (Australia)

Didn't realise how much was going on behind the scenes and also the problems with her relationship by her now Fiance , Australian Scott Gardener, I don't see why there should of been an issue???? At least he's back on the team now, and she's getting his full support.

She's going to retire after this, so hopefully she'll get her last Gold Medal.
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2012 at 20:44
bit of an anti-climax for the GB mens team, Mark Cavendish only 29th!
probably all worn out (the team) from the Tour de France.

has Vicky Pendleton raced yet??
see 'Armitage' I think her name was, got the first medal (silver) for GB I think???
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2012 at 14:13
Great Wiggo got the 2nd gold!

I got an email from an Aussie friend in Sydney, saying he's half Aussie you know!!!!
(his dad was Australian) he's born in Belgium.
He also told me the Aussies were sponsored by Orica (ex UK ICI) in the tour de France, who my hubby used to work for in Botany Bay, then Melbourne H.O.
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2012 at 17:24
OH NO, Vicky Pendleton dQ'd!!!!!!!
just got in, got to check on tinternet
at least two more medals
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2012 at 12:14
Finally got her GOLD!!!! Keirin.
Toots View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Toots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2012 at 10:05
I don't think I can take much more of this. What with the cycling, swimming and the wonderful track events last night I was tossing and turning all night after the excitement. Had to get up at 4 abd have a cup of tea. So that meant the dog had to go out; which she did with bad grace, blaming me for waking her up. I went back to bed, didn't go off until after 5am and slept till 9.45. I'm shattered! Sport good for your health? Not mine!  Think we'll go to a carboot later on to get  a different atmosphere!
Inside every elderly person there is a young person wondering what the hell happened
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2012 at 22:30
Yep exhausting I agree, I'm worn out, only one week left tho!!
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2012 at 15:50
Didn't young Jason Kenny do well yesterday another GOLD!!!! in the velodrome- keirin was it??  one lap very fast anyway!!!!
I did watch it, not sure about the tactics, or rules , but he beat him anyway
(hubby tried to explain slipstream etc..and the big difference it makes)

Edited by deborah31 - 07 Aug 2012 at 15:52
 Post Reply Post Reply