I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Dancing On Ice 2012
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Dancing On Ice goes gold

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dancing On Ice goes gold
    Posted: 12 July 2012 at 11:39

Dancing on Ice Goes Gold

Torvill and Dean invite a host of Olympic heroes to go head to head for the first time….on ice. 

Viewers have seen the sporting heroes triumph in their chosen field winning their biggest accolade, an Olympic medal. This latest challenge sees the gold and silver medalists take a giant leap from the podium as they prepare to master a completely new skill in a brand new arena. 

This unique TV special will see Torvill and Dean unveil a brand new, specially crafted performance and in a TV exclusive, Dancing On Ice judge Robin Cousins will take to the ice to perform a solo routine for first time in twelve years in front of a live audience, in celebration of this iconic sporting event. 

Dancing On Ice Goes Gold will see the inspirational athletes swap their track suits for sequins and diamond encrusted costumes, as they take to the ice and perform for the first time in front of a live studio audience.     

The stars going head to head include, Colin Jackson CBE (Team GB 2012 Ambassador), silver medal winner in the 110m Hurdles at the Seoul Olympics 1988;  ‘mother of gymnastics’ Olga Korbut, winner of 4 gold and 2 silver medals, 1972 Munich and 1976 Montreal;  Tessa Sanderson CBE (Team GB 2012 Ambassador), won gold for javelin, 1984 LA;  Pippa Wilson MBE, won gold for Yngling sailing, 2008 Beijing;  Jamie Baulch, won silver in 4 x400m relay, Athens 1996;  Steve Williams OBE, won gold in Coxless Four Athens 2004 and Beijing 2008 and Gail Emms MBE, won silver in badminton mixed doubles, Athens 2004. 

The one off special pays homage to their sporting achievements as viewers will also get the chance to look back at the iconic moment these stars achieved their Olympic glory. 

Phillip Schofield and Christine Bleakley will be rink side to present this unique special.  The ice panel, Robin Cousins, Katarina Witt and Louie Spence will be ready and waiting to deliver their verdicts.  Head coach Karen Barber returns to offer her expertise and support to the show’s sporting stars.    

Dancing On Ice mentors Torvill and Dean will have only a few weeks to get our Olympic medallists on track to perform a skating routine in front of an audience. The sporting stars have been top of the leader board in their chosen field but will they impress the audience and viewers at home with their skating skills or fail to hit the top spot?

Dancing on Ice Goes Gold is an ITV Studios production for ITV1.  The series was commissioned by Elaine Bedell, Director of Entertainment and Comedy at ITV and Layla Smith, Controller of Entertainment at ITV.  It is Executive Produced by Jane Beacon, Glenn Coomber and Katie Rawcliffe at ITV Studios.

Exclusive show previews and ice extras at www.itv.com/ice  

Edited by Bren - 12 July 2012 at 11:41
Toots View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Toots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2012 at 17:31
Not for me I'm afraid. They'll have to do better than this. Wouldn't it have been a lovely opportunity to try a different format & different judges  as a try out for if they get another series next year?
Inside every elderly person there is a young person wondering what the hell happened
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2012 at 18:02
I'll be watching just to see Robin Cousins take to the ice again Big%20smile 
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Toots View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Toots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2012 at 20:14
Originally posted by Jo Bird

I'll be watching just to see Robin Cousins take to the ice again Big%20smile 

I was a young mum when he won gold. If I remember right, it was the same Olympics when Eddie the Eagle made a name for himself. My mum was staying with us, hubby had to get up the next morning for work so mum and I sat up and watched Robin skate.
Inside every elderly person there is a young person wondering what the hell happened
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2012 at 20:32
And what a wonderful skate it was Toots!
I didn't watch at the time but I've seen it on youtube many times over.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2012 at 09:29
It's tonight 8pm Clap
Eviesmum View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Twilight Mad

Quote Eviesmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2012 at 19:49
Toots I'm sure Eddie the Eagle was later than 1980
Toots View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Toots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2012 at 08:35
I didn't see it. Please tell me T&D didn't do that bloody Bolero again.

You're right Evie's mum... hubby tells me it was the winter ones of 1988 and also tells me, it's my age. he left the room limping! How's the new babe? Keeping you on your toes?
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2012 at 17:00
No Bolero Toots. A nice routine from T&D... and a short one from Robin.
The rower won it with Ice Katie. Nice to see her again. DOI back in January.
Toots View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Toots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2012 at 05:21
Awww Robin. Shall look it up on youtube now
Eviesmum View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Twilight Mad

Quote Eviesmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2012 at 16:51
Robin's routine was lovely - he made it look so effortlessly easy to skate like that.

The rower guy was excellent.  It would be interesting to have a series of sportsmen/women do it as they all did really well in 7 weeks IMO.

The bubs is gorgeous Toots, she's a little poppet and Evie is wonderful with her (thank goodness).

Edited by Eviesmum - 25 July 2012 at 16:51
 Post Reply Post Reply