I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Chat
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Aldi anyone?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Online Status: Offline
  Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Aldi anyone?
    Posted: 28 May 2012 at 17:48
I love Aldi's
Just been today to pick up my 'touche eclat' copy!!! the concealer pen,(£3.49) infact picked up 2 one for the daughter, great spot coverer too.
It comes in 3 shades i think (cashmere, Savannah, amber i think )- colour only on box tho, and quite difficult to see,even with my reading specs- only minor critisicm
I've been using them since last year's write up, same with the  Lacura Intensive serum (£3.49, i think too), this outsells Boot's protect and perfect, and think ranked higher in surveys. Infact all their skin care seems great,- good value.

Also i just read yesterday 'Almat' their own brand of Washing detergent, beat leading brands in a recent 'Which' survey, so had to go check that out too! (£2.99 for 30 washes)

Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2012 at 22:23
their washing up liquid beat fairy 59p and their dishwasher tablets beat finnnish

Aldi gold coffee £2.40 for 200g beat Necasfe Gold £3.50 for 100g

and their colombian ground coffee came top only £1.79 a bag
Toots View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Toots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2012 at 05:22
In a blind testing, their night cream beat the Boots one which costs an arm and a leg, and their moisturising  body cream smells just like Nivea. I have sensative skin so have to be careful (can't wear Lo'real for example) but all their make up suits me)  Their chocolate is beautiful and one Christmas, in a blind test their mince pies came top, beating even M&S.

We always shop at ALDI, and  nip across to Sainsbury's for what we can't get there.
Inside every elderly person there is a young person wondering what the hell happened
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2012 at 09:43
I would say I buy about 85% of my groceries from Morrisons, - my fav shop,
especially last week, when we got 12p off a litre of fuel- hubby does over 50 miles a day.

Cat food i tend to buy  from Sainsbury's tho (for some reason cheaper there) I tend to use Tesco Express local handy branch alot for odds, and ends, and newspapers, and go in one of their 'huge' stores, about once every couple of months, or just go to look at their electrical and gifts now and again, that aren't in the Express shop. I went in last week to do just this, and came out with about 20 tins of their cat food which was on offer! (fussy cat will only eat 'tesco's finest, and such like Tuna tins)

I know a lot of people in Aldi's were buying the 'Pimms' copy yesterday, think it was £5.99 from memory, and they were all chatting at the checkout saying how good it was/is.
I have sent a friend of mine in Surrey the Aldi concealer pen.

I did shop in M&S last week as i was in the city centre, and got some delicious chicken legs/wings, 3 for £6.00, had a lot of good deals in, I last shopped there at Xmas, when i got my Turkey at a good discount!. What was very funny was my local Express Tesco Cashier, was infront of me in the queue, getting her fav bits and bobs too.

Edited by deborah31 - 29 May 2012 at 09:45
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
Toots View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Toots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2012 at 10:17
Originally posted by deborah31

I would say I buy about 85% of my groceries from Morrisons, - my fav shop,
especially last week, when we got 12p off a litre of fuel- hubby does over 50 miles a day.

Cat food i tend to buy  from Sainsbury's tho (for some reason cheaper there) I tend to use Tesco Express local handy branch alot for odds, and ends, and newspapers, and go in one of their 'huge' stores, about once every couple of months, or just go to look at their electrical and gifts now and again, that aren't in the Express shop. I went in last week to do just this, and came out with about 20 tins of their cat food which was on offer! (fussy cat will only eat 'tesco's finest, and such like Tuna tins)

I know a lot of people in Aldi's were buying the 'Pimms' copy yesterday, think it was £5.99 from memory, and they were all chatting at the checkout saying how good it was/is.
I have sent a friend of mine in Surrey the Aldi concealer pen.

I did shop in M&S last week as i was in the city centre, and got some delicious chicken legs/wings, 3 for £6.00, had a lot of good deals in, I last shopped there at Xmas, when i got my Turkey at a good discount!. What was very funny was my local Express Tesco Cashier, was infront of me in the queue, getting her fav bits and bobs too.

I often see the girls from the tills in Sainsbury's shopping in ASDA and ALDI's. They told me, that even with staff discount, ASDA is cheaper
Inside every elderly person there is a young person wondering what the hell happened
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2012 at 12:43
lidl sell their own perfume (3.99) and onn blind smell test it beat them all including Channel  trouble is you can never get it sells out as soon as it goes into stock
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2012 at 12:45

Lidl’s £3.99 perfume beats Chanel’s Coco Mademoiselle!

Smell divine for a very small cost

Lidl’s very own perfume, Suddenly Madame Glamour EDP, has been literally flying off the shelves since it launched in May this year.

In a blind smell test conducted by the Perfumer’s Guild, 90% of women voted Lidl’s fragrance the winner when compared to Chanel’s Coco Mademoiselle. It just goes to show, not everything has to cost a fortune to make us feel glam. At only £3.99 for 50ml, we’ll be buying it in bulk. We wonder if any celebs will be heading down to their local Lidl?

deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2012 at 15:20
Now my nearest Lidl's is about 16 miles away, in my in-laws village, next time i'm there , i'll check it out! (see if they have any)- they don't have an Aldi's near them.

btw I can't stand ASDA, don't know why, just don't like it.

just remembered i go in Waitrose about once a year too!!
their tomato ketchup, taste's the same as Heinz, and is cheaper, that was in a newspaper last year,and i bought quite a few bottles, kids go thru a lot,  i also buy their own brand catfood (my cat likes it, we had all waitrose stuff shipped to us overseas, and it was cheaper, so he ate it before he got to England) and my friend loves their own brand picallili, that is about my shop from Waitrose! (just like to go in and check it out, and they do have some different wines)

Edited by deborah31 - 29 May 2012 at 15:23
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2012 at 15:42
The last Which taste test results for Ketchup as follows - how embarassing for Heinz

LEAGUE OF THE BEST

1.   Sainsbury's
2=  Marks & Spencer & Tesco
4.   Co-op
5.   Branston
6.   Kania, Lidl
7.   Morrisons
8.   Waitrose
9.   Asda
10. Hellmann's
11. Bramwells, Aldi
12. Heinz
13. Daddies

deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2012 at 21:12
There was another one done about 18 months ago, where Waitrose got the most stars
We have tried a lot in this house, and thrown a lot away.
Must be in the tastebuds, as i reckon Tesco's is yuck, don't like Branston either, and Daddies is just awful,
so for us Waitrose is just like the Heinz, and that's the taste we all opt for.
So don't really want to waste any more money trying others,  so we'll stick with Heinz, and Waitrose (when i go on my next trip, must be soon!)- they probably wondered what i was doing buying 6 bottles of their ketchup, and about 20 cans of catfood, oh and a couple of bottles of wine!
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2012 at 21:25
Meant to say also
it's the same with 'Fritesaus' or Mayonaise for chips, in Belgium and Holland

The 'ONLY' one to buy is by CALVE, probably the dutch equivalent of Heinz
hubby's last trip brought a different one ' Jumbo's' own brand
- not impressed.

Off to Holland tomorrow, i'm sending him on a Calve trail, so we can have a 'Patat special'
here in England!!
(with ketchup, mayonnaise, and onions, - delicious, had it in Brugge, in December, Belgium speciality lovely on the chips)
Toots View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Toots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2012 at 15:03
many, many thanks. I've just popped down to Lidls and got some of that perfume. Its lovely isn't it? From the time I was a teenager, until I was 60 I always wore Worth Je Riviens. It got more and more difficult to find and what I did find wasn't worth the money. I changed to After 5 for the winter and Lilly of the valley for the summer. I'll now add this. When i went in there was a huge free standing display at Lidls and when I came out, most of it had gone.

Its funny isn't it Deborah? I've never found what I want in Morrisons, but love ASDA. When I do a weeks's shop there (now there are just the 2 of us, we tend to shop day by day) but sometimes I do a big shop, and if, when I scan in my till receipt, I could have got it cheaper in another supermarket I get a voucher for the difference. It doesn't happen very often though because it is so cheap.
 Post Reply Post Reply