I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Chat
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Am I the only one sick of all thos hooha?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Toots View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Toots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Am I the only one sick of all thos hooha?
    Posted: 26 May 2012 at 12:10
I am heartlily sick and fed up to the back teeth with all this hype about the jubilee. I can't remember it being this bad at the 25th, or the 50th. Don't misunderstand me, I am not against the queen, just the hangers on and spongers around her. I am sure they too are fed up with all the tacky stuff surrounding it.

I was 2 in 1952 and all I can remember about it, is getting dressed up to walk with Gordon Harper (age 4) in the Fancy Dress parade around our village. We were dressed in record sleeves and carrying some (already) cracked and unplayable 78's. We were supposed to be 'Family Favourites'Tongue And we won first prize, mind you it was a very small villageWink

Inside every elderly person there is a young person wondering what the hell happened
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2012 at 21:01

Toots... I'm just thinking that if the Queen lives as long as the Queen Mother this may not be the last jubilee.

Imagine going thru all this again. Not that I mind how many jubilees the Queen has. It's just a bit OTT.

I was 4 on the Silver Jubilee. My gran took me to Weston station in the hope we might see the Queen.
A man lifted me up so I got a great view but my poor gran didn't see anything.

Edited by Jo Bird - 26 May 2012 at 21:01
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2012 at 05:49
My sister wants me to buy her some Jubilee souveniers. We don't get this kind of pomp and ceremony here, except when the Queen comes down for a visit.
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2012 at 20:48
Here's what Lizzie thinks of this thread

Edited by James - 05 June 2012 at 20:49
Toots View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Toots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2012 at 08:29
By gum, that would brighten up the stamps a bit wouldn't it?Wink
Inside every elderly person there is a young person wondering what the hell happened
 Post Reply Post Reply