I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Dancing On Ice 2012
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

All DOI judges face axe in big shake up

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: All DOI judges face axe in big shake up
    Posted: 02 May 2012 at 02:01

Shock and thaw as Dancing On Ice judge axe wielded

Chop%20stars%20...%20%28from%20left%29%20Louie%20Spence,%20Robin%20Cousins%20and%20Katrina%20Witt%20could%20all%20get%20heave-ho
Chop stars ... (from left) Louie Spence, Robin Cousins and Katrina Witt could all get heave-ho
Exclusive

By COLIN ROBERTSON, TV Editor
Published: Today at 00:32

DANCING On Ice judges all face the AXE as part of a radical shake-up of the ITV show that is also set to see it move to Saturday nights.

Bosses have called for an urgent overhaul after privately branding this year’s show DULL.

The Sunday night ice skating reality show scored its lowest ever ratings as fans turned their noses up at the “stars” taking part.

Now ITV are going “back to the drawing board”, which could see judges Louie Spence, Katarina Witt and Robin Cousins ditched.

An insider said: “Dancing On Ice was so boring this year — and it didn’t escape the notice of the top brass.

“They were stunned that no one was talking about it and it never made the front page of The Sun.

“It also got hammered in the ratings by the BBC, which put up Call The Midwife against us.

“Now we’re going back to the drawing board in a bid to inject some life into the show.

“We’re looking at everything — the judges, the stars on the show, everything is up for discussion.”

The source added Dancing On Ice is also likely to move to Saturday nights with a skate-off carved off as a stand alone Sunday night show.

ITV has already tried to overhaul the show, replacing judges Emma Bunton and Jason Gardiner with Louie and Katarina.

Many viewers slammed the move, suggesting the new pair were too “nice” and lacked the caustic approach of Jason Gardiner.

Privately some show insiders believe Jason should NOT have been ditched.

His put-downs earned him praise from viewers — and front page stories.

The Sun

moonshine View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote moonshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2012 at 10:37
like most reality shows we could all do with a break from them they all are beging to get tired looking even the new one "the voice" after the blind auditions is begining to look a little like x factor
it seems like most reality shows have the feeling if its not broke don't fix it even if people are complainig its looking old..all they seem to do is to say ok we had 12 contestants last year have 20 this year have it on longer make more money from phone lines doesn't matter if it looks stale people will keep voting
moonshine
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2012 at 11:36
Sunday night is not a good night for family viewing imo, too much stress trying to get sorted for Monday morning school, and work!!!
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
Jonnyboy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Gonk

Quote Jonnyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2012 at 14:02
good!
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
He can heal the sick

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2012 at 11:01
The format's been stale for a while. The MAIN problem has to be the ropey old celebs from soap land they bring in every year. We want someone like Gladys Knight ie someone everyone's heard of, otherwise it's like watching a bunch of strangers ice skate, there's no emotional connection.

Also, rentashowbizgay Louie needs to pirouette off for good

AND T&D esp Chris need to release their creative and artistic stranglehold on the show.

Ditch Bolero for Barnum

As Bren said T&D, Robin and Karen on the panel

More Pro involvement and let them choreograph their own routines

Shorter progs, less ads (they really took the piss this year)

Less of Phil and Christine's painful banter

SORTED!
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2012 at 11:11
think it's 'too dangerous ' a sport for the 'big celebs' .
I couldn't ever see Gladys Knight on the Ice, and wouldn't want too!!! now dancing is different  imo (like SCD, or DWTS), more chance of the old dears breaking a hip/leg etc..on Ice,  look at the one and only Chesney, poor thing!

It' mainly got to be for the younger celebs, and current sportsmen/women at the top of their game wouldn't be allowed to compete for the safety issues.
Should be an upper age limit of 50 i reckon too, (obviously with the exception, based on fitness etc.. ) but they're still gonna be too cautious, ie Rosemary Conley, the older lady from Enders (Leila Morse)- everybodies too worried about breaking bones to let loose, and their age has made them sensible!

I for one would like to see the Skating Pro's take charge, and choreograph their own numbers etc....and yes put T&D on the judging panel now, or just advisory roles etc...they need to let go now, and move on.

Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
Toots View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Toots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2012 at 16:19
Well, I've not heard of half the 'stars' taking part in Strictly, but it doesn't spoil my enjoyment.

It needs Dean's iron grip on the program removed. Give the pro skaters more of a say in the routine and see a bit more of them doing solo spots. In other words, move T&D to the sidelines both (although younger than I) are looking jaded and tired. Sorry to Jayne fans, but
the shorter skating outfits do her no favours.
Also, either get rid of Karen altogether or give her a decent job. She sits there week after week the dead spit of a madam showing off her girls, and negotiating a price.

Edited by Toots - 04 May 2012 at 16:21
Inside every elderly person there is a young person wondering what the hell happened
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2012 at 20:52
Yeahnod , I too don't know most of the celebs on SCD either, as don't watch any soaps, so they're almost all unknown's to me.( altho i like mostly know and enjoy all the ex-sportsmen/women)
I do like all the newspeople on SCD (couch breakfast newsreaders) they do tend to be the worst and the funniest.

I just think the pro-skaters have to choreograph their own pieces now.
I listen to Chris Evans in the morning, and I'm sure they've said on there Moira Stewart has turned it down (SCD) several times.
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2012 at 22:02
It's unlikely all the judges face the axe. I expect Robin will be safe; Louie and Katarina may not be.
Louie tends to waffle and Katarina makes too many technical comments for the casual viewer.
All in all the panel didn't have a great deal of spark this year.

Edited by Jo Bird - 04 May 2012 at 22:03
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Eviesmum View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Twilight Mad

Quote Eviesmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 12:15
I agree with Alex
killersbee View Drop Down
Royal Blue
Royal Blue

Quote killersbee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 14:26
It's about time the bosses started sorting out the show, it definitely needs to go back to a Saturday Night which was the main reason why it was a success in the first place.
Catwoman: "For one if I was a bloke, I would not flirt with you two. I have standards."
Toots: "If I had a figure like Ola's, I'd wear that outfit to Sainsburys!"
Tups View Drop Down
Swallows
Swallows
The Queen Of Tarts

Quote Tups Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 18:39
Originally posted by Toots

Well, I've not heard of half the 'stars' taking part in Strictly, but it doesn't spoil my enjoyment.It needs Dean's iron grip on the program removed. Give the pro skaters more of a say in the routine and see a bit more of them doing solo spots. In other words, move T&D to the sidelines both (although younger than I) are looking jaded and tired. Sorry to Jayne fans, butthe shorter skating outfits do her no favours.Also, either get rid of Karen altogether or give her a decent job. She sits there week after week the dead spit of a madam showing off her girls, and negotiating a price.

oh Toots.. you make me laugh.. have you "met" Aida on the Strictly thread.. you two would get on like a house on fire!

Toots View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Toots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2012 at 16:09
 I love reading Aida'stake on each program. She has me in fits. I miss it very much when Strictly finishes. It's such a long pull to the next autumn isn't it?
Inside every elderly person there is a young person wondering what the hell happened
shirley View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote shirley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2012 at 15:32
I agree, get jason, and karen back on the panel, was a lot more interesting.And we need a chuffle round with the pros as well dont get rid off daniel Whiston hes every body Favourite and Matt Evers Dance
 Post Reply Post Reply