I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Chat
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Another sighting of Madeleine McCann

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Toots View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Toots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Another sighting of Madeleine McCann
    Posted: 20 Apr 2012 at 15:34
We always get one around this time of year don't we?   Whether she is alive or dead, it would be nice to know what happened to her.
Inside every elderly person there is a young person wondering what the hell happened
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2012 at 17:22
I've just come back from Portugal, had a great time, lovely people out there, really friendly, altho couldn't understand a word of it???!!! (nothing like Spanish in my opinion, sounded arabic or something?? just weird)
We stayed on a complex not too far from Luz,
I know it's not going to go down well, when i say this, and I can't understand how tormented they must be not knowing what happened, but I still don't know how she could leave her 3 young kids under the age of 4  at night in an appartment by themselves anything could of happened!! (and did)
Mine are 14 and 11 YEARS old!!, I struggled on the holiday leaving them by the pool!! (which i could see from our apartment) They are good swimmers too, and were county level competitive, but in a foreighn country, and not speaking the lingo etc...maybe I'm just a paranoid mother!! (as my hubby thinks)
On the occasion we have been out for a meal, and left the kids in the appartment (in Spain)
I've always hired a (albeit Spanish speaking, via the reception/or organization involved on the complex) babysitter, and it has only been on one occasion, when we met up with friends out there at the same time. Any other time, only one of us would go , or they would come with us in push chairs, no exceptions.
I could understand it if they were on a low income, but no excuse really
Sad, but that's my opinion on it.
Like i said, I don't know what i would do , if it happened to me, I'd never forgive myself, for leaving them.

Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
Toots View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Toots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2012 at 15:37
I totally agree  deborah. Apparently, the 'Tapos 7' as they were called, left the kiddies alone every night they were there. I still say, and will go on saying, that if the  McCann's lived on benefits on a  rough housing estate, and did this  they would have had the two remaining children taken off them.

When our daughter was small we didn't go into the garden in the evening without taking a listening device with us, and even then going back in to check regularly.

I wouldn't like to be in Kate and Gerry's shoes: the guilt they must feel is unimaginable. I just wish Kate in particular, had not refused to answer some of the questions which were put to her. Its not too late for her to give a credible explanation now.

Even if they find this little girl alive,  her family will be strangers to her.

What a heart breaking event all this has been
Inside every elderly person there is a young person wondering what the hell happened
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2012 at 23:23
The positives from this case, are other missing kids have been brought to the public's attention again, for example Ben, who went missing from the Greek Island of Kos.
I'm sure there's many more too, that are not as well publicised as Madeleine's case.
Madeleine was a typical 'Missing white woman' syndrome, (female , white, upper/middle class , blond etc..).

I suppose the worst is not knowing for the family.
I did watch a film/documentary  on the internet (not allowed to be shown in the UK) that gives the impression that the husband was involved, or one of the Tapas 7, as blood was discovered in the appartment, matching Madeleines, so they reckoned some sort of subterfuge was at play.(maybe she'd got out of the bedroom, fallen, banged her head, and then someone had tried to cover it up possibly)

I have no idea, but I wish they'd get some closure, so they could carry on with their lives, and those of their other two children, and leave this in the past now, as they have their twins still (Luckily all 3 didn't disappear that night)

I remember when i was in Canada i followed the Lacey Peterson case daily, (pregnant lady, about 8 months, who disappeared suddenly) .Months later her fetus, and body were finally washed up seperatetly on some shoreline.  This was  BIG daily news in North America, similar to the murder of the American student  (Natalee Holloway) who went missing on Aruba but was never found (again another 'Missing White Woman Syndrome, she was blond, wealthy, white etc...') , they think they finally got her killer (Dutch guy, was following in Dutch press) when he killed another girl in Peru.

Portuguese documentary of 'Madeleine ' Case- The truth of the lie, (part 1 of 6) byGoncalo Amaral (none of which shown on UK TV)
(part 2)
(part 3)
part 4)
(part 5)
(part6)

Edited by deborah31 - 22 Apr 2012 at 00:55
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2012 at 09:34
I hope and pray the McCanns find Madeleine. Failing that... I hope Madeleine is loved and cherished by whoever she calls mum and dad now.
I'd give the McCanns the benefit of the doubt even though there are some unanswered questions. Thanks for the links Deborah.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2012 at 12:06
I saw that Amaral documentary on YouTube a while back. I don't know enough about all the details to be able to say one way or the other but if what he says is true, it's no wonder there's an actual anti-McCann movement. It was really an unwise move on Kate McCann's part to refuse to answer those questions Toots mentioned; I couldn't see anything untoward in them and the very fact of Kate's refusal seems to have put her under immediate suspicion that isn't going away.

I don't know of any similar case that has had as much of an emotional impact on people as this one. There are daily battles on twitter that really aren't anything more than flame wars and slagging matches but people apparently unrelated to the McCanns or the case itself seem to have a deep emotional investment in it. It reminds me of the 9/11 'truthers' but on a much smaller scale.

In my opinion, there's been some funny business afoot here. That documentary, along with the little I've read about the case, makes me think that there's enough to warrant a full-scale investigation. I could be wrong and don't mind whether I am or not, but the whole thing sets my bullshit alarm off. However, that's not going to bring Madeleine back and I do believe she's dead. I also believe her parents know exactly what happened to her.
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2012 at 12:35
but you all base your theories on the word of an  imcompetant Police investigator who came out on the attack to cover himself imo and made loads of money but what about the bungled investigation he did of another child (Portugese) kidnapped years earlier in another part of the Algarvea messed up cime scene, poor forensics and  because of his insistance it was the parents the real killers got away and from where the body was found etc was def not parents - sound familiar?

James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2012 at 13:51
I don't have any theories as such; I'm no detective. I just think if the McCanns had answered the (fair) questions put to them at the time, there would be far less suspicion hanging over them. I remember posting on here in 2007 that there was something about this whole thing that didn't sit right and that hasn't changed.
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2012 at 16:58
but are we sure those questions were asked or is it based on that portugese geezer ??

I agree something wrong with the case but not sure what
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2012 at 22:16
Where is Columbo when you need him????

Whatever you think of what happened to Madeleine, (murdered/death by accident in apartment, or simply kidnapped) someone (at least one person) knows the truth out there.

I also read on the internet about FBI psychics that have been involved in the case,-  they say she's dead. (was held locally for a few days, then smothered/suffocated, and buried in the vicinity somewhere).

I must say i wasn't impressed to read, she'd been in the creche that day, then fed and bathed, and put to bed so the parents could go out for dinner. Why take the children if you need to put them in a creche, and leave them nightly???

I can appreciate this case has helped other missing child cases, of which there are many. The amount of pedophiles who have thought of kidnapping young children must have phenomenally been reduced, especially in Europe. The funds should now be used to help  other missing children who literally who vanished from the ‘sides’ of their parents.  This could be Madeleine’s legacy to missing children world wide.

I
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2012 at 23:30
http://www.mccannfiles.com/id236.html
interesting reading re David Payne (one of the Tapas 7)
Toots View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Toots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2012 at 18:45
Originally posted by Bren

but you all base your theories on the word of an  imcompetant Police investigator who came out on the attack to cover himself imo and made loads of money but what about the bungled investigation he did of another child (Portugese) kidnapped years earlier in another part of the Algarvea messed up cime scene, poor forensics and  because of his insistance it was the parents the real killers got away and from where the body was found etc was def not parents - sound familiar?

The only theories I have Bren, are:

1) If they hadn't left 3 small children alone (and not for the first time) to go out for  dinner, the little girl would still be alive.

2) If the parents had lived in an inner city' problem housing estate'  the remaining children would have been taken into care

And the only observation I have made is this:

If I was the mother of a missing child, I would be answering every question the police asked me in an attempt to help them find her asap.

Post Reply Post Reply