I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Dancing On Ice 2012
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Kyran Bracken's Final DOI Blog

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Kyran Bracken View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin
The Real Deal

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Kyran Bracken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kyran Bracken's Final DOI Blog
    Posted: 29 Mar 2012 at 10:50

What a great final we all witnessed on Sunday, probably one of the best. I thought both Boleros’ were beautiful, it was a shame Chico dropped his partner but I actually thought it might have got him more votes! The drama sometimes helps.

As I predicted, the best two skaters were in the final. On the night, the best man won. I was disappointed in the scoring again. Whilst Matt deserved a 10 for their group number, I thought Jorgie’s deserved them too. The judges mentioned not enough skating but she is the GIRL for goodness sakes! She is supposed to be the lifts.

I thought Chico battled hard in his second performance but the writing was on the wall, the best skaters were always going to go head to head. I had seen Matt’s Bolero the night before on Nina’s phone and I was spellbound. Probably the best Bolero I have seen by a celebrity. There were no BIG tricks but there were many many beautiful moments. I thought it could not be beaten though, to be honest, mightily impressed by Jorgie's Bolero. It had drama and many reminders of the original. I was not sure how the public would vote and to be honest I think it is impossible to judge between the two as the skill set is so different. Both were winners for me!

Despite poor viewing figures it was the best series yet. Lots of twists and turns and great choreography once again, from Torvill and Dean. The judging was much improved and the standard was the best yet. This series saw many injuries which is a sign that it is pushing the boundaries, maybe too much? What do you think?

I hope to see another batch of hopefuls next year with Chesney Hawkes being one of them. In the meantime, I will be judging and skating on tour and doing my own show in Blackpool 25/26/27th October. I hope to see some of you on my travels, come up and say hello, it would be great to meet you.

Bye 4 now!

Kyran

Follow me on Twitter Kyran Bracken Twitter

Also associated with Gameplan Solutions
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2012 at 13:53

It was a great final... and I think the right person won. Jorgie was my favourite but Matt really shone on the night Big%20smile

I'd love to see DOI back next year complete with the duel, the team challenge and the solo skate...
but with more emphasis on ice dance and a little less on the lifts and tricks.

Edited by Jo Bird - 29 Mar 2012 at 13:54
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
 Post Reply Post Reply