I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Dancing On Ice 2012
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Matthew Wolfenden: Charley was a skate help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Matthew Wolfenden: Charley was a skate help
    Posted: 24 Mar 2012 at 10:12

Matthew Wolfenden: Charley was a skate help

Matthew%20Wolfenden%20and%20Nina%20Ulanova
Having a ball-ero ... Matthew Wolfenden and Nina Ulanova practise
Published: Today at 00:55

EMMERDALE star Matthew Wolfenden says if he wins Dancing On Ice he will dedicate his award to fiancée and co-star Charley Webb.

The show favourite reckons the competition has been harder on her and their son Buster than it has for him.

Matt said of Charley, who plays Debbie Dingle in Emmerdale: "I see her go white before we go on the ice. They go through more turmoil than us.

"If I won I'd have to dedicate my award to my family who came down every week to see me.

"I always look out for Charley, then my mum and dad, when I get on the ice."

For tomorrow night's final, each contestant must perform a showcase routine, recreate their favourite from the series and prepare one based on Jayne Torvill and Christopher Dean's Bolero. Only the top two finalists will get to skate it.

But Matt isn't sure he'll be lifting the trophy. He reckons the competition is too tight to call.

Matthew%20Wolfenden%20with%20Charley%20Webb
Love ... Matthew with fiancée and co-star Charley Webb
CAMERA PRESS

Matt, who will perform to Singin' In The Rain and Don't Stop Me Now, said: "If it was the judges picking a winner we might have some idea but because it's the public vote nobody knows which way it will go. Nobody knows how we will perform on the night. If somebody falls over, that's it.

"I know these shows can often be a popularity contest but this has genuinely gone down to talent.

"I couldn't have wished to have been in the final with two better people – and I think it is the right people in terms of the skating. Chico would be the first to admit he has made the clearest leap from when he started to where we've got to now, and Jorgie has been great from the start.

"But our boleros will show off our personalities. With me and Nina the routines are usually quite tricky and fast and we have lots of little tricks. Jorgie is graceful and beautiful so her routines are like that while Chico is quirky and funny."

There have been more injuries than ever this year but Matt will ignore the risks. He said: "You just have to go for it – we don't think about falls before going on the show."

The only thing on his mind tomorrow will be having a good time.

He added: "This will be the last time we are ever going to skate in front of millions of people live on TV.

"The competition comes second. It's just been brilliant – I've loved it."

The Sun
 Post Reply Post Reply