I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Dancing On Ice 2012
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Jorgie's thrown by final challenge

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jorgie's thrown by final challenge
    Posted: 24 Mar 2012 at 10:08

Dancers practised throwing me in air using a carpet – and dropped it!

Jorgie Porter on performing Dancing On Ice's most dangerous stunt ... ever

Jorgie%20Porter
Up in the air ... Jorgie Porter is put through her paces during training
TV Exclusive

By JEN BLACKBURN
Published: Today at 00:51

DANCING On Ice star Jorgie Porter will perform the show's most dangerous ever stunt in a bid to win tomorrow night's Dancing On Ice final.

The Hollyoaks actress, 24, will be thrown up in the air by three male ice skaters, who will then spin around before catching her.

It is so dangerous that they have been practising with a carpet — which they keep dropping.

Until now Jorgie has wowed judges Robin Cousins, Katarina Witt and Louie Spence with her fearless approach to lifts and stunts with partner Matt Evers.

But the last lady celebrity skating in the competition admits she is suffering the first bout of fear about the daring trick for her final routine as she goes up against Chico Slimani and Matthew Wolfenden.

Injured skater Sylvain Longchambon, boyfriend of Jorgie's co-star Jennifer Metcalfe, is even making a comeback for the special stunt after recovering from a severe arm injury picked up in training.

Jorgie%20with%20Matt%20Evers
Knees-up ... Jorgie with partner Matt Evers

Professional Mark Hanretty will also skate with them.

Jorgie%20Porter
On a roll ... Jorgie Porter

Jorgie, who has chosen Fame for her final dance, said: "There is definitely some scary stuff with my routine. We practised with a carpet and it absolutely collapsed and fell on the floor.

"I looked at it and went — 'That's me!' I'm glad we practised with that first.

"There are three of them in a line, Sylvain, Matt and Mark, and I'm lying across them then they throw me in the air and spin around and catch me."

Jorgie was so terrified after they dropped the carpet that she made Jayne Torvill prove it was safe.

Jorgie%20Porter
Lift ... Jorgie practises her routine

She said: "I was scared so I made Jayne do it first as well. She was really up for it. And she wanted to do the other parts too but the physio wouldn't let her.

"I've never said no, I've always been quite fearless throughout the show.

"But I thought they were lying when they were saying what they wanted to do with me. I thought, 'Is this a joke?'"

She added: "I still can't believe I'm the last girl standing.

"I think in days or weeks to come I'll be like, 'Oh my God, I did this'. At the minute I am just taking it in.

"I can feel myself crying my eyes out no matter what happens."

The Sun

Post Reply Post Reply