I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Dancing On Ice 2012
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Chico has had a bust up with Jayne and Chris

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Chico has had a bust up with Jayne and Chris
    Posted: 24 Mar 2012 at 10:04

Chico’s pecsy and he knows it

Chico%20Slimani
Smooth moves ... Chico Slimani practises on the ice
By JEN BLACKBURN

Published: Today at 00:59

CHICO Slimani has had a bust up with Jayne Torvill and Christopher Dean ahead of tomorrow night's show.

The Dancing On Ice finalist was upset after the Olympians ordered him to recreate his topless Sexy And I Know It routine.

The former X Factor star has complained his back and wrist are too sore to do the spectacular seat lift where he has to raise partner Jodeyne Higgins above his head with just one hand.

And he fears that because he is in a topless costume, viewers will think he's trying to win votes by showing off his muscles.

He said: "I got a phone call and they said, 'Chris and Jayne want you to do Sexy And I Know It for the tour and could you do it for the final?' I thought, 'Here we go... people are going to say he can't skate, he's getting his body out for the vote,' and I've had a real problem with it."

However, after asking fans what they thought, he reluctantly agreed.

He said: "Then I thought to myself, 'Let the voting public decide.' So I went on Twitter and said, 'I can't really tell you what I am doing but what's your favourite routine if I had to do it?'

"Around 99.9 per cent of them said Sexy And I Know It. So I thought, 'OK, let's do it then.'"

But Chico has insisted on changes to the dance moves as weeks of training have left him with a bad back and a weak wrist.

He said: "I am having nightmares about it, to be honest. I have a back problem that I've got from the show and in all the weeks it had to come back – it's this week.

"I can't do one lift, I've had to change it because of my wrist – it's the seat lift where your hand is right up her bum!

"I managed to get her so far up but they wanted it travelling and turning and my wrist can't handle it so we had to change it."

Chico
Pecs appeal ... Chico shows off his muscles

But Chico admits he is pleased with his second routine – he is skating to Happy Days and will be dressed as The Fonz. He said: "I'm doing Happy Days which I'm really happy about because I get to be The Fonz — I've spent my whole life trying to be cool and now I've become cool by default.

"The Fonz is here and I have to walk up to everyone and I was like, 'Can't I just skate it?' They were like, 'No' – it's that that's driving me crazy."

Finalists also have to prepare their version of Torvill and Dean's Bolero.

He said: "With the Bolero, where we create our own routine, we have got the people at the top of their game at our beck and call to make our dream a reality.

Chico, who is up against Matthew Wolfenden and Jorgie Porter, added: "In this final, there is no room for error.

"The skating level has come up to such an extent that one slip, one error, one fall, will highlight it to such a degree."

The Sun

Post Reply Post Reply