I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > The Apprentice
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Apprentice reject: Lord Sugar’s jibe was so poor

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Apprentice reject: Lord Sugar’s jibe was so poor
    Posted: 22 Mar 2012 at 09:47

Apprentice reject: Lord Sugar’s jibe was so poor

Bilyana%20Apostolova
Humble ... fired Apprentice candidate Bilyana Apostolova
By JEN BLACKBURN

Published: Today at 02:06

LORD Sugar has been blasted for "humiliating" fired wannabe Bilyana Apostolova.

In the opener of BBC1's new series of The Apprentice last night, viewers heard of Bilyana's humble upbringing in Bulgaria before coming to the UK aged 17 to forge a successful career in the City as a risk analyst.

But she was hauled into the boardroom for a poor showing in her task. When she tried to defend herself by outlining her achievements, she was slapped down by Lord Sugar.

He branded her tale a "sob story". Bilyana said later: "He humiliated me with his response.

"He said, 'Let's not get the violin out.' I thought that was quite ironic.

Lord%20Alan%20Sugar
Attack ... Lord Alan Sugar

"Always, he says, 'I'm an East End boy from the back of the truck to one of the top guys... I was trying to bond with him.

"I shouldn't have gone. I've seen him credit people for sticking up for themselves which was the effect I was after — not the opposite and getting fired.

"You're under the spotlight and you don't get time to pick your words carefully and things come out as a bit of a rant."

Review

HD isn't the best look for big Al but series eight of The Apprentice kicked off in fine style.

The "buy stuff, print pictures on it, sell it" task led to decent bickering between the sorry 16 but the "best" lines were Sugar's: "I'm looking for the Marks to my Spencer, the Lennon to my McCartney".

Someone tell the scriptwriter: "You're fired."

The Sun

Post Reply Post Reply