I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Dancing On Ice 2012
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

DOI Semi Finals 18th March 2012

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 10>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2012 at 20:46
Originally posted by anniemay

I hope you won`t mind me giving my opinion I haven`t joined in with you this season, but I have watched all the shows.I am not a fan of Jennifer or Chico, but Chico has been pretty good from the start, Jennifer has improved the last couple of weeks but is still weaker than the rest, Matthew and Jorgie have been the top two for me for most weeks. I have no idea whether my opinion is close to everyone else but there it is. My apologies for butting in.
p.s. The one I thought went too early, Sebastian

Hi annie nnice to have your comments and totally agree with your summing up and re Seb too
killersbee View Drop Down
Royal Blue
Royal Blue

Quote killersbee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2012 at 20:50
Originally posted by Bren

my fear is that it is rigged for Jorgie and Chico skate off and Jorgie will go and the pedestiran Jen will make finalĀ 

But whoever is bottom of the leaderboard in the semi-final always goes, it's been like that since Series 1.
Catwoman: "For one if I was a bloke, I would not flirt with you two. I have standards."
Toots: "If I had a figure like Ola's, I'd wear that outfit to Sainsburys!"
Eviesmum View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Twilight Mad

Quote Eviesmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2012 at 21:02
Originally posted by killersbee

my fear is that it is rigged for Jorgie and Chico skate off and Jorgie will go and the pedestiran Jen will make final 

But whoever is bottom of the leaderboard in the semi-final always goes, it's been like that since Series 1.

I hope this is true, if she's against Chico he'll go though, if she's against Jorgie though Jorgie has to get that headbanger right.
Brekkie View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote Brekkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2012 at 21:08
Why couldn't the twist have been the skater at the bottom goes home and ITV take a hit on the revenue (which nowadays isn't as big a deal as it once was anyway).

One thing about the scoring but I wouldn't be surprised at all if the app voting becomes a 4th score next year as from the scores they've revealed this year they do seem to be pretty much where they should be rather than marking people really high or really low.
Skifan View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote Skifan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2012 at 21:10
Jorgie is against Chico in the skate off, not only does she have to get the headbanger right, but she also has to win over the judges, against him.  
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
He can heal the sick

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2012 at 21:10
Originally posted by anniemay

...Chico has been pretty good from the start, Jennifer has improved the last couple of weeks but is still weaker than the rest, Matthew and Jorgie have been the top two for me for most weeks. I have no idea whether my opinion is close to everyone else but there it is. My apologies for butting in.
p.s. The one I thought went too early, Sebastian

Blimey anniemay, why didn't you join in the DOI threads earlier? That is EXACTLY what the majority of people on here think

And btw, how many times did they mention Seb tonight? They went on and on and on!

Jennifer to go surely?
Skifan View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote Skifan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2012 at 21:12
If there is any justice in this world, Jen has to go tonight!nod
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2012 at 21:14
one would hope so alex but if mad Dan fans save her and Jorgie skates against Chico going to be tricky
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
He can heal the sick

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2012 at 21:14
To be fair, she's the biggest improvement of the series.

If Dan had let go of her in the early stages she could've been right up there with Jorgie but HE was the one who didn't have confidence in her in the beginning, then, when she was up against it, she pulled it out of the bag and started to really skate. I actually think Dan held her back
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
He can heal the sick

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2012 at 21:15
Does no one else think Jorgie is as good, if not better than Matt?
Toots View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Toots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2012 at 21:17
Although Jen has inproved no end, I think it is time for her to go tonight.  I like Chico and Jorgie and although I'm no fan of Matthew, he deserves to be in that final. It will be a travesty if Jen goes through
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2012 at 21:17
Originally posted by Alex

I do Alex think the skills are on a par but Jorgie finishes off better and looks smoother to me tonight in skills test I though she edged it

Edited by Bren - 18 Mar 2012 at 21:18
BambionIce View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote BambionIce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2012 at 21:20
Most of Dan's partners that I can recall have done the clingng-on-for-dear-life trick.  I agree with Alex that Jen's improved in the past few weeks, but she's still a long way from having the speed, flow or content of the others in her routines.  That could be laid at T&D's door, I suppose  -they're ultimately responsible for what the celebs are given to do.
BambionIce View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote BambionIce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2012 at 21:22

Originally posted by Alex

I do Alex think the skills are on a par but Jorgie finishes off better and looks smoother to me tonight in skills test I though she edged it
I  thought she looked more comfortable in the skills test too - Matt was so concentrated he looked like a man heading for the firing squad at the start, while Jorgie managed to look more relaxed.
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
He can heal the sick

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2012 at 21:25
Originally posted by BambionIce

That could be laid at T&D's door, I supposeĀ  -they're ultimately responsible for what the celebs are given to do.

Not so sure that's the case with Dan. He's very tight with Karen, I wonder if he has a massive say in his routines and T&D trust him to choreograph the majority of his skates? A lot of his 'signature' moves appear in his routines every year
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2012 at 21:28
I think it is because unlike most of the pros Dan was not a competitive skater or trained pairs skater - he attained gold medal standard and joined Hot Ice - he has partnered loads in that show so is experienced but do not think he has the range of say Matt, Andrei, Fred who took part in competitions with partners for years

I think the stuff Dan does is the stuff he is used to performing and have barely changed since first seires with Gaynor
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 10>