I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Dancing On Ice 2012
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Kyran Bracken's DOI Blog - Week 10

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Kyran Bracken View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin
The Real Deal

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Kyran Bracken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kyran Bracken's DOI Blog - Week 10
    Posted: 13 Mar 2012 at 11:17

It was great to watch the show live and relive my own experience, though the set has changed about face from when I competed. The skaters are better than ever this year and the prop week was much improved and updated with a circus theme.

It was a very dramatic show and every skater bar none, did their routine brilliantly. I was VERY surprised by the scoring of Jorgie. I said to my friend next to me I thought she was going to get three maximum scores of 10. Then I see 6.5 and think what!!!??? Robin’s score was corrected but even then I still could not believe it.

Theorists have said it has been done to 'get the votes in'. I very much hope not. I can't imagine with all the Ofcom regulations that the show can purposely under mark in order to get extra votes. I am a believer in the honesty of the show, otherwise maybe I was not the 'fair’ winner? I have no doubt the show edits creatively to make drama but not in my opinion, to move the voters manipulatively. But what do you think?

Chemmy showed her fighting spirit once again and I really did think (as did many others) that Robin was going to save her. I thought Chico was always going to be in the final so I was surprised to see him in yet another skate off.

I walked around the post performance bar sheepishly after Jennifer reminded me of my uncomplimentary blog about her skating. I know I have to judge in the next few weeks but I never want to play the critical role. So, having seen Jen skate should I eat my words? Yes and no is the answer. I think she turned a corner when she started to pull Dan in training and learned to gain some speed. What separates her from the rest is her performance value. What that does is make us, the viewer, look at her face and not her feet. If a skater looks down, well, so does the spectator. That is why she is doing so well.

So will Jennifer do well in the solo skills skate? Actually, it doesn’t matter at all because she will not win it so in reality, who cares? Her important skate is the routine with Dan.

For me, Matt will win the skills skate off because quite frankly he should. Why? Because his nearest competitor Jorgie, has not only learnt has to skate but also to perform in the air in the lifts. Matt has had to learn to lift but that just improves his feel on the ice. Chico could be an outside runner with all the practice he does but I doubt it with Matt such a favourite.

Who do I think will be in the final? I originally said Matt, Jorgie and Chico. But something tells me Jen will make me eat my words...again!

Follow me on Twitter Kyran Bracken Twitter

Also associated with Gameplan Solutions
Eviesmum View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Twilight Mad

Online Status: Online
  Quote Eviesmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2012 at 12:25
I hope Jen won't be in the final, but to have not been in the bottom 2 this last weekend she had to score higher in the public vote than Chico Angry.

Still think that's to do with Dan though.
BambionIce View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote BambionIce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2012 at 09:01
I was completely shocked by the scoring of Jorgie - all the more so because hers was the only prfrmance not completely dominated by props.  I thought she was captivating.

I hope you're wrong about Jennifer making the final - she's improved certainly, but her lovely performance skills don't make up for her skating being below the other three's to me.  That said - she's obviously more popular with the voters than Chico! I was unsurprised by Robin saving him, though - I was far more surprised by Katarina saving Chemmy!

Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
He can heal the sick

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2012 at 10:58
Originally posted by Kyran Bracken

Theorists have said it has been done to 'get the votes in'. I very much hope not. I can't imagine with all the Ofcom regulations that the show can purposely under mark in order to get extra votes. I am a believer in the honesty of the show, otherwise maybe I was not the 'fair’ winner? I have no doubt the show edits creatively to make drama but not in my opinion, to move the voters manipulatively. But what do you think?

I think that a lot of people have been buzzing around with this theory, it just didn't makes sense for Louie (time to high kick off DOI sweetie) to give Jorgie and Matt such a low score. Admittedly on twitter, fans were equally divided between, it was perfect score and agreeing with Louie that is was 'boring'.

Even though I hate that miserable song from Lana Del Rey (& the Born to Die one more, where DID she come from? Talk about over hyped) and I don't like the slow 'romantic' skates, I thought it was one of the best routines of the series

I prepare a lot of the tweets in advance and I actually had 'Jorgie & Matt score a perfect 10 from all three judges'

I also feel a little bit bad for taking the piss all week about Jorgie only having 'a ribbon on a stick' prop as I mistakingly thought she and Matt would easily breeze through with a spectacular score

It also seems bizarro that they were only given one prop, obv done on purpose to showcase her skill (& that ribbon did require skill I've been told more than once). Very strange. Here's hoping they're not pushing Matthew as the winner (amazing as he is) in an unfair way. The week he was over marked for an under par performance he quite rightly looked embarrassed, I'm sure he'd want to win it on his own merit.

Originally posted by Kyran Bracken

I walked around the post performance bar sheepishly after Jennifer reminded me of my uncomplimentary blog about her skating.

So will Jennifer do well in the solo skills skate? Actually, it doesn’t matter at all because she will not win it so in reality, who cares? Her important skate is the routine with Dan.

Funny stuff Kyran!
killersbee View Drop Down
Royal Blue
Royal Blue

Quote killersbee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2012 at 21:52
Jennifer has got VERY lucky to the final 4, but with Chico getting the rebound vote and with Jorgie and Matthew way ahead, it'll be time for Jen to go!
Catwoman: "For one if I was a bloke, I would not flirt with you two. I have standards."
Toots: "If I had a figure like Ola's, I'd wear that outfit to Sainsburys!"
Toots View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Toots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2012 at 08:51
I know I'm in the minority, but I think Jen has improved. She even did a fair skate-alone.   Compared with Bonnie Langford, she's Olympic standard.  I don't like the girl, but fairs fair.
Eviesmum View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Twilight Mad

Quote Eviesmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2012 at 09:06
Toots what she's skating though is sooooooo basic and the score they gave her (skating judges) didn't reflect that IMO.

I think she got the same technical marks as Chemmy which was so bloody wrong.
Toots View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Toots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2012 at 09:55
Originally posted by Eviesmum

Toots what she's skating though is sooooooo basic and the score they gave her (skating judges) didn't reflect that IMO.

I think she got the same technical marks as Chemmy which was so bloody wrong.

Absoluely.  I was amazed to see her going ahead of Chemmy.  And I quite agree that there is a huge gap between jen and the remaining ones.

How are you love?
Eviesmum View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Twilight Mad

Quote Eviesmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2012 at 14:57
Getting there thanks, only a few weeks left thank goodness.  I'm too old for all this being pregnant again Wink
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2012 at 16:29

Getting there thanks, only a few weeks left thank goodness.  I'm too old for all this being pregnant again Wink
You can't be too old surely!! a friend of mine just had her 2nd this year at the grand age of 46!!! (a couple of years after her first!!)
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
Toots View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Toots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2012 at 17:31

Well, there's an even older, rusty old midwife here if you are desperatenod  I actually specialized  in neuro after midders training... from one end of the body to the other wasn't itLOL
littlesue View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote littlesue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2012 at 19:35
Ooohhh a forum baby, hope all goes well Eviesmum xx
Eviesmum View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Twilight Mad

Quote Eviesmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2012 at 20:23
haha thanks guys Clap
Tups View Drop Down
Swallows
Swallows
The Queen Of Tarts

Quote Tups Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2012 at 22:16
and I can now announce that I'm gonna be a nana.. my daughter (Tups Jnr) also a forum member is expecting, due September.. the secret has been killng me for the past 6 weeks! lol!!! it'll be my first grandchild!
Toots View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Toots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2012 at 08:43
Congratulations Tups and also Tups junior. How lovely to get some good news to start the day. I shall never be a granny because our only surviving daughter was autistic and epileptic, she passed away in 2010 aged 32. We have since been 'adopted' by 4 kids in our road as 'granny and grand dad' because they don't have anynod Umm.... just how many school events are there? We have lost count of the number of times (let alone how many hours) we have sat on rickety uncomfortable chairs in school hallsLOL

Enjoy the new experience, knowing you can have all the fun without the responsibility  and always hand them back at the end of the day
Eviesmum View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Twilight Mad

Quote Eviesmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2012 at 10:51
Fantastic news Tups

That's really lovely Toots (about the 4 children in your road).

X
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>