I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Dancing On Ice 2012
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Howling Wolf whips himself in boleros

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Howling Wolf whips himself in boleros
    Posted: 08 Mar 2012 at 10:14

Howling Wolf whips himself in boleros

Prop leaves Dancing On Ice star
Matthew Wolfenden in pain

Matthew%20Wolfenden
Cracking the whip ... Dancing On Ice star Matthew Wolfenden
TV Exclusive

By JEN BLACKBURN
Published: Today at 00:33

MATTHEW Wolfenden has found this week's Dancing On Ice circus routine eye-wateringly painful.

The show favourite was thrilled to be given the lion-tamer role — complete with a whip to crack.

But the Emmerdale actor was left nursing his crown jewels after whipping himself three times during practice.

Now he's had to take time off the rink to recover and to receive whip-cracking training to make sure he doesn't do it again — especially not on the live show on ITV1 this Sunday.

A source told TV Biz: "Matthew loved getting into character as a lion tamer and really cracking the whip.

"But the whip's quite long and he accidentally caught himself between the legs.

"It would have been all right if it had just happened once, but after three times he was in serious pain.

"It's really knocked his confidence and he's very embarrassed."

Blade%20stunner%20...%20Jennifer%20Ellison%20steps%20on%20her%20partner%20Daniel%20for%20routine
Blade stunner ... Jennifer Ellison steps on her partner Daniel for routine

The whip is not the only prop Matthew has to master for the toughest routine yet devised by ice-skating champs Jayne Torvill and Christopher Dean.

He's also got a circus podium, a hoop, a perspex podium and a glass bottle to contend with.

The source added: "This week is really hard. We've had props week in the past, but usually each celeb would just have one. Five is a real step up as so much can go wrong."

The other contestants, Chico, Jennifer Ellison, Jorgie Porter and Chemmy Alcott, also have to perform their routines with props.

Jen will play a clown with a squirty flower, top hat, handkerchief and two suitcases.

Chico will have dumbbells, a barbell and a test-your-strength hammer as a circus strongman.

Chemmy will be a magician with a rope, cards, flowers, cane and an array of magic hankies.

Hollyoaks star Jorgie has only one prop — the difficult ribbon as she will be a gymnast.

Jennifer%20Ellison
Icy fall ... Jennifer Ellison giggles as she slips on the rink

The source said: "It looks like Jorgie's got the easiest task but it takes a lot of work to make the ribbon look impressive."

Matthew isn't the only celebrity struggling to master their routine — actress Jen is also worried about Sunday's show.

Chris and Jayne's choreography for her clown routine required her to stand on partner Daniel Whiston's CHEST with just cloth between her bladed boot and him.

But Jen, who has already sliced her own head open with her skates, has chickened out and is refusing to do the move.

Our source revealed: "Jen's routine has been adapted. She's already spilled her own blood on the dance floor and the last thing she wants is to spill Dan's too."

The Sun

Edited by Bren - 08 Mar 2012 at 10:15
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2012 at 10:20
Hate Hate Hate prop week and as in years past I think they play favourites far from Jorgie being lucky just having one prop (the ribbon) I think this will put her at a disadvantage - I think many viewers will think she is getting an easy option and really it is not the type of prop to be exciting IMO

I think beinng a lion tamer with three or four props like Matt,  or a commedy routine (great for an actress) like Jen will have more impact with the audience.

In past series they have meddled when it comes to prop week - Chris Fountain with a huge table thus limiting what he can Ray with an unweighted hat nearly impossible to throw
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
He can heal the sick

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2012 at 11:12
Originally posted by Bren

Hollyoaks star Jorgie has only one prop — the difficult ribbon as she will be a gymnast.

The source said: "It looks like Jorgie's got the easiest task but it takes a lot of work to make the ribbon look impressive."

Hmmm.....
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2012 at 11:18
Think Itv are pushing some contestants Jen is getting a lot of push from them- Sunday chat with Karen about how much better she is etc (before vote) lots of pics put around of her - maybe they want her through to last four over Chemmy /Chico - even if they are not playing faves - it does not look that way - maybe if they have to have prop week they should all get the same props and see who uses them best

Edited by Bren - 08 Mar 2012 at 11:18
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
He can heal the sick

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2012 at 11:29
Originally posted by Bren

they should all get the same props and see who uses them best

YES! Same props, different routines!

Surely this is set up for T n D to perform Barnum?

Chemmy's 'problem'  re the public support (or lack of it, how many times now has she been in the skate off?) is that she's a sportswoman first not a telly personality and she's in the comp to naturally win it, she can't help being competitive.  Her media skills are ropey, which is why the celebs should all have some sort of media training, old hands like Chico know how to play it (though someone obv told him to tone it down a bit) which is why she's not engaging with the audience at home, also on twitter (from what I've seen in the early days of the comp, we don't follow her) she was a bit too serious and not bantering with her fanbase, simple lessons you'd think their PR would cop onto

I think all celebs entering a telly prog like this should only compete if they think they've got a fightng chance. i read that Andy always knew he wasn't going to win when he signed on (no shit, Sherlock?) and that he's there for the comedy factor but I'd rather see more Matt's, Chico's & Jorgie's in there, way more exciting that enduring the lame ones esp when they out stay their welcome (and they ALWAYS do).

BambionIce View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote BambionIce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2012 at 19:11

This week is everything I loathe about DOI and shows of the same ilk.  I can't abide props, and now the politicking is moving up another gear. Jorgie's single prop - however much of a b***er it may be - won't impress many people as much as seeing others standing on the spot and juggling their canes/suitcases/dumbells/whatever-other-junk-they've-come-up-with and her skating/performance quality won't help. 

If I can be bothered voting at all - she's getting a sympathy vote!
 Post Reply Post Reply