I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Dancing On Ice 2012
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Your favourite/non favourite winner

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Toots View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Toots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Your favourite/non favourite winner
    Posted: 07 Mar 2012 at 08:20
Who were your favourite and non favourite winners?

My favourite was Hayley  Tammerwotsits and least favourite Ray 'I love me' Quinn. I know I'll be shot down in flames, but there you are

Edited by Toots - 07 Mar 2012 at 08:21
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
He can heal the sick

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2012 at 09:30
Originally posted by Toots

I know I'll be shot down in flames, but there you are

Nah! You should be allowed to say who your faves are without getting any grief, I think we've finally all matured here now (I think) Although, I'd probably go the opposite way!

Hayley was my least favourite winner, she did well at the end but her early skates weren't up to much to be honest, she did that 'cling to Dan thang'  I also think as with Gaynor (aka 'Big Bird' to me and Jon) it was hype rather than actual skating ability. Looking back on Gaynor's performances esp compared to DOI now, she was rubbish! But she also came over as one of the sweetest girls in the programme.

Fave female winner? Prob Suzanne Shaw, esp the flying stuff, which I normally hate

Fave male? Ray Quinn (aka Eddie Munster, soz Bren!) Annoyed the hell out of me on X Factor but his talent on DOI was second to none
littlesue View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote littlesue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2012 at 09:31
You will have to list them for me as due to the Menapause I can't remember more than 10 mins agoBig%20smile
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
He can heal the sick

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2012 at 09:37
Originally posted by littlesue

You will have to list them for me as due to the Menapause I can't remember more than 10 mins agoBig%20smile

Oh Christ, I hope you haven't forgotten that tenner you owe me Confused

Gaynor Faye
Kyran Bracken
Suzanne Shaw
Ray Quinn
Hayley Trammalan (or however you spell it)
Sam Attwater
littlesue View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote littlesue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2012 at 09:40
Lol, I was going to send £100 but I'm glad you reminded me it was just a tenner.Big%20smile
I think my fave would be Kyran, Gaynor was probably the worst Ice dancer of the lot though, I suppose the standard was not as good back then, now they seem to be practicising for months before a show.
Eviesmum View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Twilight Mad

Quote Eviesmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2012 at 09:41
Series 1 - Gaynor
Series 2 - Kyran
Series 3 - Suzanne
Series 4 - Ray
Series 5 Hayley
Series 6 - Sam

My fave was Ray, he was excellent from week one and I just loved watching him. (I really like Ray anyway - saw him in Legally Blonde last week and he was excellent in that too).

Least fave was Sam - I just found him a bit dull, yeh he was good but both of the girls in the final 3 were more engaging to watch for me.

Most unworthy winner IMO, was Gaynor - Stefan should have won that year.
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
He can heal the sick

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2012 at 10:02
Originally posted by Eviesmum

Most unworthy winner IMO, was Gaynor - Stefan should have won that year.

Agree 100%

And about Sam, he was light on personality and as far as I know, he's disappeared from view after the DOI tour
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2012 at 10:32
think Sam is just working, currently  in West End in Dreamcoats and Petticoats

There are a few of the past winners I didn't think should have, based on skating my fave past winner is Ray and least Gaynor

Based on liking them my fave winnner is Ray and least Hayley

Edited by Bren - 07 Mar 2012 at 10:33
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2012 at 11:23
I've only 'watched' the last three series (couldn't of lasted 6, feel like i've seen it all now )
I usually stop watching the flying trapeze week, where they fly over the ice, and dip into the final, altho I've NEVER witnessed the bolero, thank god!!

I didn't watch the 'Sam final last year' but he was my least favourite, well no, actually Hayley too!!
So really I've only liked Ray, who was favourite to win from day one imo.

I've found I like more entertaining skaters, for example Chico this series,  (and Sebastien too) Todd Carty another,  ie big personalities on the ice, or just 'different, not necessarily the best on the ice, - but the most entertaining I'd like to see live (if DOI ever came to Norwich!!!- no chance of that)

can't think of any others, as I too am not too good with memory these days!!!

edit:
 my least fav skaters (in the series I've seen )who have gone further than they should imo,  Jen- current series, and Colleen!!! they're my 'limpet ' skaters!!Wink

Edited by deborah31 - 07 Mar 2012 at 11:26
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
Toots View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Toots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2012 at 13:50

I can't even remember the menopause SueLOL
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
He can heal the sick

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2012 at 16:31

Lol, I was going to send £100 but I'm glad you reminded me it was just a tenner.

Originally posted by deborah31

my least fav skaters (in the series I've seen )who have gone further than they should imo,  Jen- current series, and Colleen!!! they're my 'limpet ' skaters!!

Blimey! How did I forget Colleen! Precisely why no one from the Loose Women panel should EVER be allowed on a reality tv prog

The only consolation with Colleen was that she visibly hated ever second of it
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2012 at 17:14
All the current loose women are far too old imo!! (and a couple younger than me - just)
they would all be of a 'Nana Rosemary Conley ' ilk , imho. Wink

Far too dangerous a sport for these maturer women.

Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
danceking View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote danceking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 02:47
My favourite by a long way was Ray Quinn, techinically excellent and graceful and elegant on the ice. Also interpreted the musically brilliantly and had a great rapport with his partner.

Least favourite would be Hayley Tamaddon closely followed by Sam Attwater ( who by the way has finished in Dreamboats now).

I agree with Eviesmum having seen Legally Blonde myself that Ray is excellent in that too and was so friendly and natural at the stage door. Pleased to see he is appearing in Rise and Fall of Little Voice later this year.

Edited by danceking - 11 Mar 2012 at 02:48
 Post Reply Post Reply