I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Dancing On Ice 2012
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Kyran Bracken's DOI Blog - Week 8

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Kyran Bracken View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin
The Real Deal

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Kyran Bracken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kyran Bracken's DOI Blog - Week 8
    Posted: 01 Mar 2012 at 12:14

Last Sunday was a great show with a thrilling and unexpected skate off. I was shocked to see Chico in the skate off but pleased all the same that Chemmy rightly got through for once.

The buzz around this week was how dangerous the show is. Torvill and Dean are getting the celebrities to push the boundaries more and more and it is incredibly dangerous. There have been broken legs, split heads and broken ribs and with a live show, there is all the more likelihood of a live accident. Take Sam's frog lift, he was shaking all the way through it, what if he fell backwards and cracked open his head or worse, a skate went through him? Rightly he took it out the previous week but I still don't think he should have done it. (Though I’ll admit, it does heighten the interest when watching it, call it morbid human nature!).

This time around I was disappointed with the marking. I thought Matt and Jorgie were over marked. I thought Chico was much better than he was credited for. Andy was at the bottom but his routine and music were pretty dull even if he did love the song. He skated much better than Jennifer but got low marks, the reason being is that the performance factor were miles apart.

I have to say I thought Jen was brilliant last Sunday. Because she is such a good performer and has lovely lines I don't really look at her feet. She had more speed and so I was taken on a journey. Compare that to Andy, great that he can play the guitar but once he stood up and skated, the slow music made each move look awkward. He was not happy with the scores but it is important to take on board the comments. He needs to look more at finishing properly all his cross overs and try making his body movements softer like Jen. Andy definitely suits playing a funny role so he is lucky to get through this week.

Let’s say Andy was in the skate off he would in my opinion have gone. Not because he is not a better skater than Sam but because his song was drab and choreography muted to suit it. My feeling is that the celebs should be allowed one of two things; do the same number again assuming they like it OR choose one they are happy with. Or even better, do a number they have choreographed to their own music, it will never happen but it can be unfair on the celebrities doing a song they hate. I wonder if there are stats that say the type of song effects your scores or likelihood of going. Can you help Blue Room readers?

I am looking forward to see how the next few weeks pan out. Will Matt take over from Jorgie? Will Chico impress the judges more? Will Andy get a character number and will there be another injury that revives the drama? We shall see!

Kyran

Follow me on Twitter Kyran Bracken Twitter

Also associated with Gameplan Solutions
Eviesmum View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Twilight Mad

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Eviesmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2012 at 14:53
I was really disappointed in the marking too - have to say neither Chico or Sam deserved to be in the bottom 2 this week. 

I agree, it would be good for someone other than Chris to choreo (maybe the pros), but it's been said every year and sadly never changes.

Chuffed for Chemmy though as she shouldn't have been there the weeks she has been.

However for Chico to have been in the bottom 2 did he have to get the lowest public vote this week if so that's a shocker too because I feel he's coming across really well.
 Post Reply Post Reply