I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Dancing On Ice 2012
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Kyran Bracken's DOI Blog Week 7

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
killersbee View Drop Down
Royal Blue
Royal Blue

Online Status: Offline
  Quote killersbee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kyran Bracken's DOI Blog Week 7
    Posted: 23 Feb 2012 at 13:51
Agreed
Catwoman: "For one if I was a bloke, I would not flirt with you two. I have standards."
Toots: "If I had a figure like Ola's, I'd wear that outfit to Sainsburys!"
Toots View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Toots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2012 at 13:44
Well, let's be honest Killer. Anything would be an improvement wouldn't it?
killersbee View Drop Down
Royal Blue
Royal Blue

Quote killersbee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2012 at 18:23
Originally posted by deborah31

invite a couple of 'Joe public' people every year.

A non-celeb version of DOI could work!
Catwoman: "For one if I was a bloke, I would not flirt with you two. I have standards."
Toots: "If I had a figure like Ola's, I'd wear that outfit to Sainsburys!"
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2012 at 17:19
I think a lot more will stop watching once the 'Bolero' stage is reached, People rightly so, are bored with it.
I'd like to see celebrities i know of too, or maybe go the complete opposite and invite a couple of 'Joe public' people every year.
The format in general is the same year in , year out too.
Another option, put Torvill and Dean on the judging panel, and let the other's choreograph instead??
I always Sky plus this, and the Drama's on BBC, watched delayed, if not later, as adverts drive me nuts, so always skip them, and the VT's
I don't want to see anymore headbangers either, seen one, seem em all!
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
Toots View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Toots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2012 at 15:16
I don't think the drama on the Beeb is to blame for the drop in viewing figures. It's the same as ITV puts up against SCD, and all other popular viewer grabbers. Folk watch their favourite and record their second favourite.
No doubt the skating is getting more technical but there are more non skaters watching than skaters who  are the ones who appreciate this.
If the boundaries are pushed anymore someone is going to be seriously injured.

Kyran Bracken View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin
The Real Deal

Quote Kyran Bracken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2012 at 11:45
What an exciting night last Sunday was with all the drama of Seb forgetting his steps. All he had to do was remember them to get through to the next week, because I truly believe Chemmy's trip up would have sent her home. The steps were not exactly difficult either so it was such a shame he went as I looked forward to his routine more than most. His tears were heartbreaking because it was the end of his journey.

Outsiders may get bored by the farewell sound bites of the celebrities who say en bloc it is 'the best thing they have done’, but its true for many reasons: Most of all the excitement of Monday mornings new routine; followed by days of angst trying to master it; ending with a nervous weekend wondering if will it be alright on the night. Draining, but mind blowingly exciting. The buzz and adrenaline is like no other.

I think sportsmen like Seb and I enjoy it most because so much of the challenge on Dancing on Ice is the challenge of mind and body. But even more so the challenge of how to 'perform'. I am no actor but learning to interpret the music and dance in time with the beat is a new dimension sportsmen rarely get to try. Actors and pop stars are of course used to it and maybe find it much easier and less of a challenge.

It is my opinion that this series is the best yet, why? Because the twists and changes are exciting. The new judges are on the ball. The standard of skating is higher and the choreography is better. Chris and Jayne are starting to push the boundaries and know what they can get out of the celebrities. Miracles in some cases. So why the drop in viewing figures? You may say its too many adverts or the same old, same old, but I believe it is something more sinister, for the first time BBC have put a drama to compete against the show which is targeting the same audience. That brings down the average viewing figures (and ITV's income).

There are more twists to come like group skates or solely the public vote, I would love to see that to get a feel for what the public think, who do they prefer.

So who do I think the public are supporting? Chico seems to be warming to the camera, he has stopped thanking Jayne and Chris all the time and started concentrating on himself. I believe the public is voting for him.

It seems the public are also voting for Andy and Jennifer which is predictable with their following. Andy comes across as down to earth and fun. There is always some sort of drama surrounding Jen, maybe that helps, but I believe it is her professional partner Dan Whiston who really pulls in the public votes. Sam was given a lifeline by the public last Sunday and seems down to earth but I am not sure if the public is voting for him so much having already done a skate off. Chemmy does not seem to be getting the votes and I am not sure why, what do you think?

Which leaves me with the top dogs Matt and Jorgie. They have not been tested yet being so high up on the leader board so it will be interesting to see who you, the public prefer. Personally, I like both of them. Jorgie comes across very cute and innocent but there is a fiery backbone to her that is not shown on TV. Matt however is portrayed as a perfectionist who wants to win, which I am sure ITV will want to highlight as the show needs that competitive drama. I hope the editing is fair and others are portrayed as competitive too as it may alienate Matt as being the one they all need to beat.

I decided not to go last week but may get the chance over the coming weeks, I can’ t wait for the next twist and turn.
Follow me on Twitter Kyran Bracken Twitter

Also associated with Gameplan Solutions
 Post Reply Post Reply