I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Strictly Come Dancing 2011
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Charlie Brooks quits Eastenders for Strictly

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Online Status: Offline
  Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Charlie Brooks quits Eastenders for Strictly
    Posted: 17 Feb 2012 at 15:25

Charlie Brooks quits EastEnders for Strictly Come Dancing

In%20step%20...%20Charlie%20Brooks%20Strictly%20turn
In step ... Charlie Brooks' Strictly turn
By JEN BLACKBURN
Published: Today at 01:23

CHARLIE BROOKS is leaving EastEnders to compete on Strictly Come Dancing.

The actress, who plays scheming Janine Butcher, will quit Albert Square in August for six months.

Charlie is fired up for Strictly after winning the Christmas special and dance bosses want her because soap stars are a huge draw for fans.

Ex EastEnders Jill Halfpenny and Kara Tointon both lifted the glitterball trophy.

Charlie says Janine will have her baby before leaving Walford.

Asked what is coming up in EastEnders, she said: "Baby. I think that's about all I can say really as that's all I know.

"I've got six months off in August so we're having the bump, but I won't have to deal with prams and stuff in extra small doors on the set."

Last year after winning the Strictly Christmas show, Charlie revealed she wanted to do the full series but needed time off.

She said: "It would be fantastic to do the whole show but EastEnders is a six-days-a-week job. I've seen how difficult it is to juggle both but it would be an amazing opportunity."

Last night a source at the BBC said: "It's more or less a done deal. Charlie would be a dream signing for Strictly. She's high-profile and popular and judging by the Christmas special, she has natural ability."

Last night an EastEnders spokeswoman confirmed: "Charlie will be taking a break from EastEnders later this year.

"Over the coming months there will be a lot of unexpected twists and turns and the story is bound to be explosive."

Edited by deborah31 - 17 Feb 2012 at 15:25
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2012 at 15:26
but would she dance with Vincent again???????
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
littlesue View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote littlesue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2012 at 12:37
I thought she was a bit too tall for Vincent
 Post Reply Post Reply