I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Dancing On Ice 2012
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Kyran Bracken DOI blog week 6

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Kyran Bracken View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin
The Real Deal

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Kyran Bracken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kyran Bracken DOI blog week 6
    Posted: 17 Feb 2012 at 11:00

I can’t wait for this week’s solo skate off. Despite what the regular fans think, the show needs a shake up like this to get more interest/ratings. Last week was interesting with Torvil & Dean in the air but 10 routines can just all blend into one.

I still love the judging in particular the comments from Katarina, never mind her huge shoulder pads and complimentary evening attire, hello again the 80s!

The skaters have now found their pecking order and it’s a three horse race for the top spot - Chico, Matt and Jorgie. The middle bunch are getting closer but I fear for a few this week as solo skating will give some of the celebrities a real nightmares. What a brilliant idea at this stage of the competition though, to skate on your own. I would have been petrified. I have no doubt all will score lower than previous weeks as the professionals do really 'sell these routines'. Especially the professional boys, who can throw the girls in the air. Based on current ability to skate I think for this week the pecking order will change, but here are my predictions:  Do you agree or not?

1st Matt - He has great musicality and poise. As long as his song is a good one he will be top.

2nd Jorgie - She will not jump as well as Chico but will get good marks for being the best girl.

3rd Chico - Has good basics so I expect a strong performance.

4th Sebastien - Will get good marks for his spin and I am sure some crazy stuff we have come to expect from him.

5th Chemmy – Only as long as she does not tear into it too aggressively.

6th Andy - With coach Vicky Ogden he should show some good basics and if there is comedy in the routne, he can get higher.

7th Sam - Getting stronger in his skating but all eyes on him could highlight his lack of confidence without Alex.

8th Jennifer - Brilliant in the air, held aloft by Dan but not so great when the blades touch the ice. I’m guessing this is a week she would rather do without.

9th Heidi - Still relying on Andrei for the great lifts, she seems petrified without him. Will need the votes again.

I expect some great routines from the top half but expect some falls…

I hope to see a combination jump from the top half but I don't expect one legged spins or successful three jumps from Heidi or Jennifer. I hope Sharon the physio is on hand if anyone falls!

The biggest surprise is seeing two skaters go. It is good for the show and makes it exciting. I know the celebrities will hate it but having three celebrities in the skate off is exciting.
Am hoping to make it this week live, at least to see them shaking before they skate! Evil

Follow me on Twitter Kyran Bracken Twitter

Also associated with Gameplan Solutions
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2012 at 11:20
I love to watch Sebastien, sadly I think he's not a 'favourite' on the show, I think with improved skating on the ice, he could easily be the best.
Let's hope he perfects  that Russian splits jump before he leaves!!

Chico doing fantastic for a more mature guy !! (age 40!!)

Think Chemmy has the right attitude, she should be a hockey skater tho!!! Maybe she should think about that if England has a Hockey team for the Winter Olympics!!
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
BambionIce View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote BambionIce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2012 at 11:26
I'm looking forward to the solo skates.  It's about time the skating skills were really focussed on, because if you can't skate, you can't ice dance! I love Chemmy's attitude, and let's face it, a downhilller is never going to be daisy dainty!  As for Jennifer and Heidi - this week must be their idea of hell.

Thanks again for taking the time to post, Kyran!
killersbee View Drop Down
Royal Blue
Royal Blue

Quote killersbee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2012 at 14:02
The Solo skates will show how strong or weak they really are and this spells DOOM for Jennifer, Heidi and maybe Andy W.
Catwoman: "For one if I was a bloke, I would not flirt with you two. I have standards."
Toots: "If I had a figure like Ola's, I'd wear that outfit to Sainsburys!"
Eviesmum View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Twilight Mad

Quote Eviesmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2012 at 23:17
Basic skating wise I'd put Sam above Andy, but reckon, you've got it right Kyran.
Toots View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Toots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2012 at 07:30
I suppose a double eviction is a start on trying to inject some life into it. It's a shame they don't use Karen more. At the moment it looks as if she is only on the live show  to appease Dean. No matter how much people say what a fool she has made of herself, they can't take away the fact that she has a wealth of skating knowledge.

Jennifer will probably be in the skate off, I hope my 3 favourites are safe.
fluff View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote fluff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2012 at 11:07
She does have a wealth of skating knowledge, and she uses it each week in her role as a coach.   Having her sitting with the skaters seems a bit pointless, but as she's going to be at the rink for the show each week anyway, it doesn't really matter too much where she sits. 

However, I would prefer it that when they do go to her that it is to explain something a bit more technical, rather than some bland comments about how they aren't feeling very confident.  It's lovely that she's so sympathetic to them, but I do sometimes wonder if she panders to them too much, and they'd progress faster with a bit more tough love. 

I'm really looking forward to the solo skate and the required elements.  I'm only sorry they haven't had any basic skills requirements up until now.   I'm interested to see how the good dancers actually cope when given the time and encouragement to focus on the footwork.  I fear that for some of the women, they stop working on their basic skating skills as soon as the series starts and rehearsals are all about making the next performance look as good as possible.
@lovingDOI View Drop Down
Fluffer
Fluffer

Quote @lovingDOI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2012 at 12:44
yep this week as usual, does pull the weak from the strong. , lets hope they all pull it off in there own way, but like someone said, think the scores are going to be well low, and maybe even a shake up in the board, i know who i want to go & stay, we will see. xx what i look for & what the judges look for when making the final choice, can vary LOL xx
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2012 at 10:30
Think Andy Jennifer and heidi in trouble this week particularly the girls who do nothing on their own (looking at the papers Jennifer has ,made good mileage out of her injury probably because of the elements this week :)  )
emasl View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote emasl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2012 at 09:45
Fairly clear that even if Sebastien had not mucked up his routine, poor bloke, Chemmy would have gone through as Robin said before the skate off that she did not deserve to be there. OK he did not know she was going to end up in skate off but do wonder how he would have chosen if Seb had been good??
 Post Reply Post Reply