I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Dancing On Ice 2012
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Could this be the last ever series?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
moonshine View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote moonshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Could this be the last ever series?
    Posted: 15 Mar 2012 at 20:37
they should shorten the sunday night shows it is to long less people (celebs) on the show so it will be a few weeks less

also how about this for two  ideas

1 the celebs swap partners every week/every two weeks

2 one week just the proffessionals dance and give the celebs the night off they are scored the same way as the celebs and it is an open vote for the public to vote for the best the points they earn go towards thier celebs next dance  
moonshine
TashaK View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote TashaK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2012 at 21:00
I've barely watched it this year.

I don't recognise most of the 'slebs'.

Couldn't stand Holly but the Bleakley woman is no better.

Louie gets on my nerves.

Karen ... WHY? Well, we know why but even so

There's no polish, the 'twists' are boring. I want more skating, less tricks and less predictability. It just feels old.

I love skating and can watch 'proper' skating for hours but I'm bored with this

I loved Bolero but even that is getting boring, it's a shame to ruin such an iconic dance.

I don't know what they can do to make it better because, regrettably, I don't really care
Before you criticise someone walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you do criticise them you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2012 at 10:35
I have been looking forward to seeing DOI on the UKTV Australia channel. Its been programmed to start on Mon 23.3.11 at 2.30am. What kind of time is that to show a programme? Maybe its not so popular here. I'll get my friend to record it so I can watch it at a decent time.
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
He can heal the sick

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2012 at 14:50
Som good points

I believe Endemol / C5 are very pleased with the success of CBB, in fact, they're soooo pleased....

*cuts off*

deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2012 at 11:57
Originally posted by dalquist

It has lost ratings and so too has Wild at Heart, which follows DOI, so that's two programmes off the back of each other that could face a double chop leaving several hours to fill on a Sunday night with fresh material.     

both shows 'had their day' imo.

ITV needs a new reality show for Sunday nights now, they need to consult Endemol, see what their  latest idea(s)  is/are!!
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
Brekkie View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote Brekkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2012 at 21:27
Call the Midwife has hit it hard, but isn't the main reason it's lost viewers.   The ads and length of the show are a real problem - it's been 2 hours long with 9 skaters, while even The X Factor can be down to 90 minutes when they're at that stage.   I'd shave 15 minutes (and hence one ad break) off the main show - and wouldn't mind if they clawed it back by fleshing out the Skate Off an extra 15 minutes, also moving the pro performance to that show.

The low calibre of celeb has been a real issue this year - Strictly seems to have stepped up a bit on this front in the last couple of years, so DoI needs to do the same.  

The big issue for me though has been the production standard of the show - it's not felt anywhere near as polished this year and little things like axing proper intros for the judges - and at times for individual skaters, plus Torvill and Dean being introduced as an after thought, makes the whole thing appear rushed.   And they're only rushed because Christine is going on and on about what people are saying on Twitter - those contestant chats are painful.   Agree Karen's role on screen is embarrasing - leave her to the VTs if she must feature, or put her as part of a team of choreographers, coaches and stylists ala X Factor (or even back on the panel instead of Katrina).

Obviously losing Holly and Jason hasn't helped either - although as much as I hated Christine and Louie beforehand I've actually found Louie especially quite watchable.   Katrina hasn't been that great though IMO - although I wouldn't necessarily axe her.

The twists are hit and miss, though I think both the Duel and the Skills Skate Off worked really well this year and am glad they're bringing back the Team Challenge and probably the solo skates this year.   They definately need to get back to around 12 celebs to start with as well and bring back the Champions of Champions for the final week too.   (Not really sure why they axed that!)

Edited by Brekkie - 01 Mar 2012 at 21:33
dalquist View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote dalquist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2012 at 16:40
As an avid fan of DOI since the start, I have to say this year is the first year I have not bothered watching the main show and dipped in out of idle curiosity to the results show.   It had three super popular series, with series 3 in my opinion being the best ever, and then slowly began to dip, until this year, in spite of all the changes and all the gimmicks to make it fresh, its just become uninteresting full stop.    

It has lost ratings and so too has Wild at Heart, which follows DOI, so that's two programmes off the back of each other that could face a double chop leaving several hours to fill on a Sunday night with fresh material.    

The nasty injuries this year have not helped... two split heads so far... I wonder how much insurance premiums are, and if they will sky rocket at this rate.     

Karen's off screen role as coach may be very valid and essential to the show, but her onscreen presence now is something of an embarrassment. She sits there every week dolled up to the nines for what reason exactly !!!     One gets the impression because she parks her nightie next to Dean's PJs these days... her reward must be an onscreen appearance even if there no point at all to it.     

Don't start me on Louis... he may have seemed like a breath of fresh air at the start, but he grates on my nerves dreadfully now.    

At a push, I'll call ONE more season of DOI and then thats it... can't see it going on beyond that.
Life's battles don't always go to the stronger or faster man, sooner or later the man who wins is the man who THINKS he can
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2012 at 12:55
Originally posted by Alex

\Margi, one for you

DOI Australia-The Lion Sleeps Tonight

The funniest (and worst) flying routine ever. I have no idea who the celeb is but even though he's absolutely shit, he's loving every second of it, listen out for all his ooh and ahhhhs

and one more, a slightly blurry pro routine

Stars of Australia's Dancing On Ice BeeGees

Again, with the amazing and loveliest and sweetest pro skater, the much missed Kristina

Thank you Alex. Such good memories.

The celebrity with Kristina is Jules Lund, a TV presenter with a travel program on the same channel that aired DOI. He wasn't a finalist, but they let him do the flying routine because they knew he would be entertaining and funny.

Skating with Pavel Aubrecht in the Bee Gees routine is his wife Linda.

Edited by MargiABC - 01 Mar 2012 at 22:23
Toots View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Toots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2012 at 14:57
Originally posted by Eviesmum

I think Chris uses Karen quite enough Toots Wink

I was being careful. Somebody put, on another forum, that there was no fool like an old fool and did n't she realize that she was only his bedwarmer and the thread disappeared and the man who posted it was banned! Big%20smile
killersbee View Drop Down
Royal Blue
Royal Blue

Quote killersbee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2012 at 14:05
OUCH!
Catwoman: "For one if I was a bloke, I would not flirt with you two. I have standards."
Toots: "If I had a figure like Ola's, I'd wear that outfit to Sainsburys!"
Eviesmum View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Twilight Mad

Quote Eviesmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2012 at 12:32
I think Chris uses Karen quite enough Toots Wink
Toots View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Toots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2012 at 11:55
Ahhh Kristina and her lovely smile. Much missed and also missed areFred and Mel. Please. please Mr Dean, give the pros a bit more imut into the show and use karen a bit more 
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
He can heal the sick

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2012 at 10:32
Originally posted by emasl

I think Louie knows what is expected of him and does the camp thing to death. Mildly amusing at first but not so funny after a few weeks

I was going to start a thread about the very same thing. Loved Louie week one but then Louie 'Showbiz' took over and we got the same old, in your face ott stereotypical camp crap. did he really have to declare himself a 'proud homosexual man' last Sunday? WTF has that got to do with judging? Louie managed to be entertaining and constructively critical in week one so he can do it again. Jason built up his part and Louie's doing the same thing, he needs to tone it down

Btw, what have the DOI wardrobe department got against Robin? It's the second week he looks like he's been dressed like a grand dad.

Anyway, some excellent points about the show from everyone above.

I know T&D used to get a cool £250k each for the tv show (I'm assuming that figure's shot up) but I don't believe the ratings are overly low compared to X factor/BGT etc as in general viewers seem to be tiring of the reality tv format, there are just too many. But the show IS admittedly looking a little stale, but that's because we've seen it all before. I know the music's been revamped etc but as people have said above, been there, done that.

DOI Rescue package

Shorter shows (two hours is nuts)

Cut down the ad breaks a bit

No Bolero, Bolero really needs to be put to bed, one of their other famous skates instead ie the Circus one (yes, it's the only other one I can think of)

Celebrities who are 'household' names ie we recognise them instantly and don't have to Google who they are
No 'reality tv stars' Unless they've been on one of the talent shows ie X Factor

Pros to have more input in their routines - finally, this series, I'm recognising some of the signature moves of certain pros, it's a bit samey

Spotlight on the pros. Maybe a little 'in house' competition each week on the ice, for ALL pros

BIG name guest stars EVERY week

Margi, one for you

DOI Australia-The Lion Sleeps Tonight

The funniest (and worst) flying routine ever. I have no idea who the celeb is but even though he's absolutely shit, he's loving every second of it, listen out for all his ooh and ahhhhs

Doi Australia-The Lion Sleeps Tonight

and one more, a slightly blurry pro routine

Stars of Australia's Dancing On Ice BeeGees

Again, with the amazing and loveliest and sweetest pro skater, the much missed Kristina

emasl View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote emasl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2012 at 17:52
I think Louie knows what is expected of him and does the camp thing to death. Mildly amusing at first but not so funny after a few weeks
Toots View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Toots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2012 at 13:26
I agree about the audience, and I too am finding it hard to like Louie S.  I don't agree about T&D, a little less of them would go down well in this house, and alittle more of the pros having a spot on their own. It could easily be done with the ones who have been eliminated. I love Tony's commentary, I swear he makes up half the terms he uses. Do you remember whne he lost if the night Todd went out of control? Highlight of the series for me

i would much rather have Holly too, but don't dislike Christine.
emasl View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote emasl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2012 at 09:52
If the floor managers would stop encouraging the shrieking and screaming from the audience it would help. My mute is used for most of this show.  Strictly is exactly the same and there have been lots of complaints.

I would like to see T and D do a proper routine each week as they did when this series first started.

they need to get better celebs, Strictly had a dreadfyl year when nobody had heard of half those taking part tho I appreciate that not many will want to risk life and limb on the skting rink

Louis W obviously does not like Katerina but wish he would try to hide it a bit better unless he has been told to do the Bad Boy bit.

Chris Bleakley lives up to her name - bleak and cold with a fixed rictus grin.  Was rather fond of Holly as she had a warmth about her that was quite endearing but cannot take to Miss B at all. Appreicate that this is only my personal opinion

Get rid of Gubba whose commentary at the end of each routine is toe curlingly dreadful

I do love this show and the standard of skating has improved so much from Series 1.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>