I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Dancing On Ice 2012
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Dancing On Ice ratings are on the slide

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
He can heal the sick

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dancing On Ice ratings are on the slide
    Posted: 14 Feb 2012 at 12:24

Dancing On Ice ratings are on the slide

Jen%20needs%20some%20ice%20...%20Jennifer%20Ellison%20spiked%20herself%20with%20her%20skate
Ice please ... Jennifer Ellison spiked herself with her skate

An average of just under seven million watched throughout the main show on Sunday, including the drama of Jennifer Ellison's head injury.

More than a million later deserted the skate-off show which was left with only 5.7 million. At its peak, 8.3 million tuned in.

The figures are a blow to ITV. Executives fear fans are getting fed up with DOI which has failed to produce any stand-out moments.

It also lost some of its bite when Jason Gardiner left. He was invited back this year but could not agree terms so was replaced by Louie Spence.

Show host Christine Bleakley has also been blasted by critics.

Out%20...%20Rosemary%20Conley%20with%20partner%20Mark%20were%20voted%20off%20the%20show
Out ... Rosemary Conley with partner Mark were voted off the show
But last night the latest star voted off, Rosemary Conley, defended the former Daybreak presenter. She said: "If ever there was somebody who deserved no criticism, it's Christine. She's fabulous.

"She is one of the nicest people who has ever walked on this earth."

Diet guru Rosemary added that she is planning to turn ice skating into the latest fitness craze to help fans of DOI slim and tone.

She said: "I know now how good skating is to shape up your body."

Rosemary also spoke of Sunday night's fluke accident when Jennifer needed treatment after stabbing herself in the head with her own skate.

She said: "I couldn't kick my own head, she was a victim of her own flexibility."

Copyright The Sun Newspaper - Source

Eviesmum View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Twilight Mad

Quote Eviesmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2012 at 12:55

Too many ads breaks, too much T&D, not enough pro's and although I like the celebs very much this year there are too many of them so the show is just too long.

Toots View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Toots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2012 at 13:23
Stale, stale, stale. Too much T&D and not enough new format. Time to put it out of its misery if they can't perk it up a bit
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2012 at 15:15
We never get to know the pro's, for instance, who was skating with Vanilla Ice last year?? and presume she is not here this year??
Is there a pro that always gets the 'duffer's , or OAP's a bit like Anton in SCD???
I think the show seems long and drawn out because of all the adverts, imagine if SCD had ads- inbetween every dance, everyone would be well peed off.
To me it's just the T&D show really, the pro's are just puppets for them. Once you've seen the programme/one series, you've seen it all. Especially Dan Whiston, and his limpet partners who barely skate.
Some of them I bet are great , or would be at choreography, whilst others could be not so good, sadly we'll never know.
T&D too long in the tooth for me, I never watch them, just same old same old, and i definitely will not be watching the 'Bolero', have yet to see a final, I leave the show, on the 'flying' over Ice, circus act week.  It's never even remotely entertaining (unlike Russell Grant coming out of a canon) you can never have a good laugh, comedy is almost zilch.
But then I've never found T&D a barrell of laughs.... so expected... likewise Phil and now Christine, don't find them entertaining hosts really, at least you can laugh at (if not with ) Brucie, Tess, etc...
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
shirley View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote shirley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2012 at 16:29
What do you expect,we hardly knew any off the celebrities, PLEASE get Karen barber and Jason back, more well known celebrities  Then  viewings will go back up Cry then we can all smile againnodDance
Eviesmum View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Twilight Mad

Quote Eviesmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2012 at 19:45

I'm happy that Jason's not there, I rather like Louie

Post Reply Post Reply