I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Dancing On Ice 2012
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Viewing figures

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Toots View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Toots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Viewing figures
    Posted: 12 Feb 2012 at 09:26
Does anyone know what the viewing figures are for this run so far? The reason I ask, is that I am not alone amongst friends, family, neighbours etc, who feel it is the same old again this year. 
Inside every elderly person there is a young person wondering what the hell happened
Brekkie View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote Brekkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2012 at 21:00
They are down - way down.   Last night it got it's lowest audience ever, failing to break 7m for the performance show, down from nearly 9m at the same point last week.

To me it kind of feels like Strictly did a couple of years ago before it's big revamp - it's just going through the motions and they're making a show for themselves, not to entertain the audience.   It doesn't need twists and headlines to grab the audience - it needs a bit more cash thrown at it to step up the production values and get a better calibre of celeb.   There isn't even one ratings puller amongst the line up this year.
Toots View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Toots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2012 at 07:27
Thanks. It's about what I thought. I know you shouldn't compare, but it misses out on the glamour of Strictly for me. I feel T&D are too much in your face, let the other pro skaters have a spot instead of those 2 all the time and if I see that bl@@dy Bolero or the flying just once again I will stop watching.  Also those blinking toothpaste adverts are getting my tripe.

It used to be a nice Sunday evening viewing after the excitement of Strictly, but now I don't care if I miss it. Last Sunday we watched a program on another channel and caught up with DOI on channel 3+1.

Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2012 at 20:23
people are being led by the nose by the 'TV critics who have a downer on anything ITV infact figs were 7m for 10mins of show it actuallu peaked at 8.2m when the full figs are read but the critics are not going to tell you that.

figs are still ok for ITV DOI is running against some reasonable progs on BBC which has not been the case of later years

The way it is going anything ITV will be slated wether bad or not - Critics need to get a grip

Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2012 at 20:25
ps viewing figs are way down on firsst series yes, but not onn last year just like strictly was a good year for them but viewing figs not as good as first couple of series only calling it best series ever because X Factor took the brunt of the paper bashing while a rather poor SCD did not and managed to beat X Factor on three occassions
 Post Reply Post Reply