I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Dancing On Ice 2012
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Kyran Bracken DOI blog Week 5

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Kyran Bracken View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin
The Real Deal

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Kyran Bracken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kyran Bracken DOI blog Week 5
    Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 14:31
This week’s show was a fantastic week for all the celebrity skaters, most of whom skated their best ever. The most enjoyable factor was seeing the skatersstart their number in position rather than go through the sometimes quite painful to watch, skate on. But the talking point this week HAS to be the scoring.

Did Matt deserve such a high mark? Did Rosemary really deserve that whopping great 7 from Katarina? I am sure all of us would agree that the answer is a big fat NO! Matt skated OK but nowhere near as good as in previous weeks. The music was not as fast and whilst he had nice lines, he was not clean in his skating, hence the low mark from Katarina. Maybe Louie took Matt’s bad back into consideration (which by the way, he should not) but his mark was close to high with full marks not far away. Katarina was about right in her mark of him but definitely not for Rosemary. I was amazed Katarina marked her so highly. Unfortunately, I fear she took her age into consideration, which I don't think is fair to the other celebrities. Yes, she was cleanish in her skate but it was all a bit slow and steady. I was in full agreement with Louie in that we need to see more from her. This is precisely where judging can be difficult, in that you can't go back, was Rosemary really better than Matt? No, but Katarina thought so. Inevitably the judges end up 'taking into consideration' the background of the skaters and were they have come from, Their ‘journey’ if you like. Even if Matt fell, he should still have been marked higher than Rosemary as Matt is doing much much more..

One thing is for sure, people at home are voting for Rosemary. She does represent the older generation and is very humble in her approach to the show; but the skaters need to be compared like with like. Sam is loads better than Rosemary, so now it becomes a 'popularity contest'. It is absolutely fine the public deciding they like her but not the judges. They should be judging purely on what they see from a skating and dancing perspective. Don't get me wrong, I like Rosemary but I don't think she should be marked so favorably.

Jorgie was great once again and Matt was cool as ever, though looked uneasy in some of the lifts with his back problems. Both Chico and Sebastien are surprising me; getting better and better each week they may yet catch Matt. I met Chico at Ally Pally and he is lovely. He was doing extra practice, he needs to, to catch Matt so who knows where his journey will end. He reminds me of me when I got to do the show. I wanted to do extra training to be the best that I could. Chico is the same and as it is a live show anything can happen, if he keeps up the practice he may just be the man to beat.

I enjoyed Heidi this week, though her reliance on Andrei has become very transparent; I think this could turn out to be a problem in future weeks.

Sam and Rosemary must fear the worst this week as we are running out of poor skaters. I for one, will be watching to see who goes and who stays.

Till next time.

Kyran
Follow me on Twitter Kyran Bracken Twitter

Also associated with Gameplan Solutions
Eviesmum View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Twilight Mad

Quote Eviesmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 15:02
I agree the scoring was ridiculous and I personally think the overmarking of some of them affected the result at the bottom.. There is no way Sam should have been in the bottom 2.

Hoping Heidi does get more confident on her own, she's capable its just the safety net of the male pro (but to be honest, I dont' think I'd let Andrei go either if he were my skating partner). Wink
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 15:24
Seems to be a bit of a handicapped horse race, Rosemary could win!!!!
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
He can heal the sick

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 16:34
Originally posted by deborah31

Seems to be a bit of a handicapped horse race, Rosemary could win!!!!

Not even as a joke!

Next to go (in order)

Rosemary
Andy
Sam
Heidi

Then the comp will really begin

I am irritated by the scores, Katarina has been spot on and constructive up to last Sunday, not liking sentimentality creeping in

Louie lost it for me after such a strong start in week one, now everything he says and does irritates me. When he's scoring I feel exactly the same as I did when Baby Spice was judging ie MOVE ON!
 Post Reply Post Reply