I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Dancing On Ice 2012
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

This Morning....No Charlene and Matt?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
spinnersue View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Online Status: Offline
  Quote spinnersue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: This Morning....No Charlene and Matt?
    Posted: 06 Feb 2012 at 23:20
Just went to watch Charlene and Matt on This Morning but they weren't on despite Charlene tweeting that she was at the studio.....anybody know why?
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
He can heal the sick

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 16:30
ooh interesting, you should tweet Phil and see what went down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote spinnersue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2012 at 23:49
I did Alex, also tweeted Charlene and Matt asking them but did not get a reply from any of the three which was quite surprising.  Hmmm......strange.
miniminx View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote miniminx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2012 at 19:55
Charlene was on this morning on monday. She spoke a lot about the work she was doing with specsavers and Phil had to warn her not to keep saying the name. Cannot remember the time but she was there!
Eviesmum View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Twilight Mad

Quote Eviesmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2012 at 19:58
Matthew said they were going on at 11am. 
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
He can heal the sick

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2012 at 12:54
So mystery solved then.

I love how the American's handle pr, you've got to admire their work ethic. I thought Charlene was great fun but as with Sam, the routine (which I was really looking forward to, I do be loving the Gaga, well old pre overty commercial Gaga and what's with this heavy 'rock' sound? ugh!) but it was a bit 'meh'.

However, I reckon we'll be seeing Charlene on another reality show very soon (hello Celebrity Big Brother?)
Virgin
Virgin

Quote spinnersue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2012 at 16:15
It's really strange because myself and my daughter went through the programme twice on catch-up tv and there was def no sign of them. Kerry and Jeff were on it and Phil said they would be on later but they weren't. I have never known catch up to miss anything out before....what a mystery. I am going to have another look tonight to see if its me going loopy!!
LOL
fluff View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote fluff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2012 at 16:58
I saw it - recorded from live tv, not catch-up.   It is possibly a mistake, but perhaps she really did over-step the mark with the repeated mentions of that optician, and so they had to cut it out to avoid breaching broadcasting rules. 

Charlene didn't seem to believe Phil when he said she had to stop, but the laws are different in America, or rather there seems to be no rules to restrict product placement and advertising in broadcasting.  I am aware of several tv US tv shows having to be edited for the UK market for those reasons.    The Coca-cola tumlbers on American Idol have that ghost treatment, and I recall an episode of "Heroes" having a whole scene where a character hires a car taken out because it was nothing short of a big advert for the car in question.
Virgin
Virgin

Quote spinnersue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2012 at 19:25
Ah thank you Fluff, I think that must be what happened then because I did watch it through again on catch up and it definitely wasnt on...I was so disappointed not to see the wonderful Matt G though.

littlesue View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote littlesue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2012 at 20:52
Originally posted by spinnersue

Ah thank you Fluff, I think that must be what happened then because I did watch it through again on catch up and it definitely wasnt on...I was so disappointed not to see the wonderful Matt G though.

Lol!! I bet you thought you were going madBig%20smile
 Post Reply Post Reply