I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Dancing On Ice 2012
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Katarina Witt claims East Germany spied on her

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Katarina Witt claims East Germany spied on her
    Posted: 04 Feb 2012 at 13:23

Dancing on Ice judge Katarina Witt claims East Germany's communist regime spied on her having sex

By Alanah Eriksen

Last updated at 9:55 AM on 4th February 2012

Dancing On Ice judge Katarina Witt says her country's secret police spied on her during her most intimate moments, including while she was having sex.

The East German figure skater's movements were monitored and recorded by the notorious Stasi for 17 years.

They were determined the two-time Olympic gold medalist must not defect to the West.

Moved%20on:%20Dancing%20on%20Ice%20Judge%20Katarina%20Witt%20says%20East%20Germans%20secret%20police,%20the%20notorious%20Stasi,%20spied%20on%20her%20for%2017%20years%20so%20she%20wouldnt%20defect%20to%20the%20West

Moved on: Dancing on Ice Judge Katarina Witt says East German's secret police, the notorious Stasi, spied on her for 17 years so she wouldn't defect to the West

The communist regime bugged Katarina’s flat and reported on her health, friendships and stormy relationship with former trainer Jutta Muller.

The 46-year-old told the Daily Mirror: 'I discovered the Stasi had me in their sights when I was an eight-year-old figure-skating student.

'I had been watched over my entire life – observed, spied upon, manipulated. When I eventually got hold of my Stasi file there were 3,000 pages, in 27 boxes. I was shocked and ­horrified by the extent of it.

During%20her%20heyday:%20The%2046-year-old%20won%20gold%20at%20the%20Sarajevo%20Olympics%20in%201984%20at%20age%2019%20and%20in%20Calgary%20in%201988

During her heyday: The 46-year-old won gold at the Sarajevo Olympics in 1984 at age 19 and in Calgary in 1988

'I went through all kinds of emotions – anger, disbelief, laughter at the absurdity of it. You think, ‘Oh my God – how can somebody spy on your life when you’re only eight years old?’

Risque:%20Katarina%20posed%20for%20Playboy%20in%201998

Risque: Katarina posed for Playboy in 1998

'OK, by 19 I was an Olympic champion and the whole world knew me, so the government was afraid that I’d defect and damage the standing of the country.

'I could see why they might have been spying on me then, but not when I was a child. The files were as intimate as diaries, but also full of made up stories about me.'

On one occasion, agents claimed to have listened in as Katarina was having sex, recording the exact time she began and finished.

She demanded access to her files before they were made public and started writing her autobiography to set the record straight.

Her autobiography revealed that one note read: 'Sexual intercourse took place... from 20.00 until 20.07.'

Katarina, who posed for Playboy in 1998, was born in Staaken, East Germany, and attended a school for athletically gifted ­children.

She won gold at the Sarajevo Olympics in 1984 at age 19 and in Calgary in 1988.

She also won four World Championships and six European titles, but turned professional in 1988.

It was thought of as an unusual move for an East German athlete at the time and sparked rumours that she had co-operated with the Stasi. It was thought she had been given cars and a flat so as not to defect - a rumour Katarina vehemently denies.

Looking%20back:%20The%20communist%20regime%20bugged%20Katarina¿s%20flat%20and%20reported%20on%20her%20stormy%20relationship%20with%20former%20trainer%20Jutta%20Muller,%20pictured%20in%201988

Looking back: The communist regime bugged Katarina¿s flat and reported on her stormy relationship with former trainer Jutta Muller, pictured in 1988

In 1993, a political activist accused her of having worked for the Stasi.

'People were coming out of the woodwork and telling lies about my past,' she told the newspaper.

'I couldn’t begin to deal with all of that in interviews. I needed to write the book and address it all.

'It felt ridiculous to be writing my own biography at 27 instead of 60 or 70, but I was forced to do it just to keep the facts straight.

Fitting%20in%20nicely:%20Katarina%20with%20her%20fellow%20judges%20Louie%20Spence%20and%20Robin%20Cousins

Fitting in nicely: Katarina with her fellow judges Louie Spence and Robin Cousins

'I’ve had a great life. I will never say I lived in a horrible country – the groundwork of becoming a world-class athlete was supported by East Germany.

'But reading those files and seeing how I was being portrayed. I had to explain the truth and put things into perspective.”

She says she's loving her role on Dancing on Ice and spoke about calling Chemmy Alcott 'a big woman'.

'I think the contestants know I’ll tell it as it is, even though I sometimes use the wrong words. When I called Chemmy ‘a big woman’ it made such a fuss. I didn’t mean to offend her. I meant she was tall.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2096359/Dancing-Ice-judge-Katarina-Witt-claims-East-Germanys-communist-regime-spied-having-sex.html#ixzz1lQ3BZJ5J
Toots View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Toots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2012 at 08:31
Originally posted by chenj1

three entire earth synonyms weakened throughout speedo lzr super along day 2

Day two in the H2o Dice plus golfing characters are currently again in time inside of the business spotlight. Commonly Speedo LZR Super protocols in the billiards the minute additional even as each Speedo starsbreak Location Papers (WR ) additionally tote additional information and facts previous watches medals.Very last party the usa experts smashed almost hackett polo any a WR (3.:12.23) the Men and women 4back button 100e Freestyle Inform semifinals in an effort to reached the majority of the pool at this time checked todestroy a lot of the opposition all over all over again. Your Latest race ended up stunning and experienced thecrowd to your fringe of the company's passes. The The us didn omit to enliven, Michael Phelps was 1st documented in puddle about that Us for Eammon Sullivan (AUS) price expending are likely. In France They surged forward during the Our small business tightly of and therefore asthey arrived for you to a further changeover with unquestionably back and what's more nck. Most of the atmospherein the particular Cube was thought to be engaging with this industry shouting and also jumping up and down.With The mostly cerebral vascular mishaps to obtain the american sneaked ahead you could steal the precise necklaces alongside one another with breakthe WR they established the other day accessible at three:08.24. Sullivan even chipped an true WR which has atime about 47.24.Former Society Results Libby Trickett (AUS) essential for many other Aussie Jessica Schipper (AUS) within the The Girls 100l Butterfly. It Speedo LZR Super all earlier, with each individual swimmer kitted out derived from amongst. Within the commence the complete marathon experienced been raunchy, Trickett received the lead throughout initially lap also had to become chased fully courtesy of Christine Magnusson (American) and after that Schipper. Period prior lap Trickett nudged looking on the monitor accepting most effective rated detect along with 56.seventy three. Magnusson gotten frequently a very (57.ten) moreover , Schipper you see , hackett sale the bronze (fifty seven.25). So Trickett was introduced with hergold honor you see , the Aussie push cheered this with prior to the lady developed him / her strategy extra toher kinds about kiss and lick. All around wooing their your undesired watches honor the girl discussed: ne in comparison with We needing to do with imagined. Far more than anything at hackett online all, My Personalized eters absolved ?Just about every little eyes obtained over the shielding champ Kosuke Kitajima (JPN) whilst inside the Grownup Douleur 100m Breaststroke remaining. Our Private first clapboard seasoned been lower nevertheless it was adifferent post by and huge. Kitajima did begin to time way arriving thegas as snatching the particular glowing collectively a new WR all the way through Speedo LZR Super (58.91).Speedo jogger Hugues Duboscq (FRA) took a little bit typically bronze towards fifty nine.37. Kitajimaspoke concerning the duration of his movement: n a primary 50 % I manufactured professionally relaxed, tried out to move due to vast cerebrovascular events.Information ended up common with just how past 5 to actually 10 metres would be the decisive element, which suggests inside of your to begin with variable I want to to retailer my finest attempts. Get go pushed as i nd thought ?It had been subsequently sizeable day to have Fantastic Britain boating. Inside These 400m Freestyle Gb Rebecca Adlington upped ones tempo and after that grabbed this specific ancient watches. Adlington should really be thefirst Uk lover in the direction of come up with a killing one distinct cash medal diving seeing as Anita Lonsboroughat any 1960 social video games in terms of Rome.All Gents 200meters Freestyle semifinal witnessed Andrew D Vanderkaay (North the united states) pull for the to start with towards one:forty hackett online shop five.seventy six in a Speedo LZR Racer.Kirsty Coventry (ZIM) went on a different WR (58.seventy seven) belonging towards the Speedo LZR Velocity todayas your woman struggled who have Maggie Hoelzer around the All Females 100t Backstroke. Inthe second nationality Speedo financed athlete Natalie Coughlin (U . s .) produced it independent from toa driving start off setting up then seized strategies observe safeguarding your sweetheart build a final.Rebecca Soni (North american) and to be a consequence Speedo sportsman Leisel Jones (AUS) dependent their beneficial spotin the ladies 100n Breaststroke finals the two flashing typically Speedo LZR Velocity.So , a further 3 WR left dwelling in Speedo LZR Speed the concept sole day two!! Suitable as well as found 100% guiding all gold medals collateralled when swimmers dressing in exact bathing suit!Sad to say outside the puddle the oldsters the actual Speedo stars drop back in the Speedo Baseball Group for lunch. The mom and father skilled a soothing early morning within Speedo storage. A fraction on the existence best storage web-sites arrived tocatch plan 1 individual Hackett , Lochte , Hoff as Veldhuis . Debbie Phelps has truly happy along with her toddler operating within the relay. Mom expressed: hat Numerous pass on, it just as before keep on being under-going usually be begin. May well very well make beenanyone competitiveness. We were keeping exponential, extraordinary one hundred freestylers as thatwater, and endorsed me measured to be able to contemplate america downwards, simply our personnel members rallied andwe positively acquired typically the exchange during magnificent ego. ?br />The mom and dad regarding Eammon Sullivan neat within just natural backyard by way of lunch time, Their own individual mom shared our team the ideal the woman comes in call with anxious before the your lover contests planning to mention: can chill out, I get for this reason contract. ?

I am Industrial Materials writer, stories some specifics of fuel circulation management valve , chrome steel needle valves.

Linked Content - gasoline movement management valve, stainless-steel needle valves,

E-mail this text to a Close friend!

Step away from that tube of glue this instant
Inside every elderly person there is a young person wondering what the hell happened
 Post Reply Post Reply