I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Celebritain.com Entertainment Forum > Television and Film
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

War Horse Go & see it immediately!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
He can heal the sick

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: War Horse Go & see it immediately!
    Posted: 02 Feb 2012 at 15:00
I saw the stage play (twice!) and I thought the film would never live up to it. Hence, I don't always want to see a film adaptation of a book I've particularly enjoyed, it ruins it for me (talking about Brideshead Revisited, I would never watch it on the big or small screen) War Horse, a  theatrical experience probably on par with The Woman in Black* but be warned, the film bosses have obviously ordered all cinemas to be fitted with a 4D motion sensor, that blows fluffs into every cinema goers' eyes at two certain points in the film. I know this is true because it happened to me! Cry

*Woman in Black, I don't care how good the reviews are, 1. It's Harry Potter, he'll always be Harry Potter & 2. No film could give you chills running up your spine the way the stage play did. As soon as I realised there were only two actors (plus, sort of a 'third') playing multiple parts AND no actual staging, I was gutted but without a doubt the BEST stage play I've ever seen

End of waffling; War Horse, go see it and let me know if you experience the 4D fluffgate
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2012 at 16:44
OFF TO THE GLUE FACTORY

I can't be doing with these weepy films where everything's calculated to make you cry. I'm dying to see The Woman in Black though. Never seen the stage play and it hasn't been done in Glasgow for years but I have read the book and really enjoyed it.

Go and see The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. It's very dialogue-driven and Rooney Mara is excellent as Lisbeth (even *I* found her sexy). I haven't gotten round to reading the books (got a pile to get through as it is) and although the original Swedish movie has a big cult following, in the comparisons I've read, the American version comes out on top so I probably won't bother with the original.
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 00:42
I saw this last week. I heard it was a stage play. I cannot envisage how they did it as a stage play.
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 15:55
I recently saw the documentary on making War Horse into a play. I was very impressed. The play is coming to Sydney next year and I am hoping to see it.

Edited by MargiABC - 09 Aug 2012 at 15:56
 Post Reply Post Reply