I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Dancing On Ice 2012
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Dancing On Ice: Jealous Louie picks on Matt

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dancing On Ice: Jealous Louie picks on Matt
    Posted: 26 Jan 2012 at 11:14

DANCING ON ICE: JEALOUS LOUIE PICKS ON MATT

“
I ended up in the show and he didn’t
”

Matthew Wolfenden

26th January 2012

By Peter Dyke and Katie Begley

SHOW fave Matthew Wolfenden fears his chances of ever scoring a perfect 10 from camp TV judge Louie Spence are doomed.

That is because the Emmerdale hunk, 32, once beat him in a dance contest.

Last weekend TV viewers were stunned when Louie, 42, gave Matthew just six points out of 10 for his amazing ice dance to The Bee Gees’ Night Fever.

Louie biatched: “It didn’t have that spark.” However, former Olympic skater Robin Cousins, 54, awarded him eight out of 10, the highest mark of the series so far.

And fellow ice judge and figure skater Katarina Witt, 46, from Germany, gave him 7.5.

We can reveal that Louie’s low scores could be linked to an old rivalry between the pair.

Both went head-to-head for a dance job some years ago. And Matthew was awarded the part which Louie had so badly wanted.

Last night the actor, a former graduate of The Northern School of Contemporary Dance, said: “When I came out of dance school my first audition was for a part in Romeo And Juliet.

“Weirdly enough Louie was at the same audition.

“I ended up in the show and he didn’t.

“What’s even funnier is that Jason Gardiner was also there for an audition and I don’t think he got a part either.

“It’s a good job he’s not still on the panel as well or I really would be in trouble.”

Matthew has admitted that he is superstitious whenever he skates on TV. He said: “I always touch something made of wood.

“I always see it as my lucky charm.”

Daily Star
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2012 at 11:14
If true then Matt needs to get over himself cos whilst his skating was great the dance part iMO was very tame
killersbee View Drop Down
Royal Blue
Royal Blue

Quote killersbee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2012 at 12:43
That's if Louie can also put his old grudge to one side as well
Catwoman: "For one if I was a bloke, I would not flirt with you two. I have standards."
Toots: "If I had a figure like Ola's, I'd wear that outfit to Sainsburys!"
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
He can heal the sick

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2012 at 17:39
Talk about creating a 'news story' out of nothing LOL

On the other hand, the hype surrounding Matt is a bit premature, yes, he's great on the ice and has everything going for him, but thus far, he's no Ray Quinn (yes, Bren, I've said it!)

Whoever the judges choose not to save on Sunday out of Jorgie and Matt isn't really important (except to their confidence) as there's no way either of them will be in the skate off.

The same dud skaters, we're all thinking of (clues, a herb and a Lost Boy) will most likely be in the firing line, it's just a clever twist which visually makes it more exciting to watch

Although, my attention span isn't great at the best of times, split screen with two couples doing different routines at the same time? Unhappy challenging!

Let's hope the camerawork is better than in previous weeks, no long shots please!

Edited by Alex - 26 Jan 2012 at 17:40
fluff View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote fluff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2012 at 21:39
I don't see any grudge - at least not before Matt told the world that he beat Louie to a dance job, which was a bit tactless.  If anything, I think Matt has benefitted from Louie's dance background being similar to his own, as he seems to rate that particular trained style highly.  I'd argue that it's the likes of Sebastien has suffered more from Louie not getting what he is trying to do, and he has criticised some things that I have assumed to be deliberate parts of the characterisation of the choreography from a few contestants.
BambionIce View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote BambionIce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2012 at 21:50
This viewer wasn't stunned, and while Matthew was very good, his performance wasn't amazing in my eyes.  I preferred Jorgie's.

The way this non-story is phrased makes Matthew sound like a right cocky blighter, which isn't a vote-winner in what's as much popularity contest as skating competition. 

I'll admit Louie is starting to grate with me after a subdued start, but he's not the one I've gone off reading that article.
fluff View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote fluff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2012 at 22:00
I fully expect things get taken out of context and twisted, but unless it is a totally fabricated quote, Matt is the one who volunteered that Louie missed out on a job to him.   I can't see what reason there was for him to mention it.

If Louie had been giving him a horrible time, and claiming he was a terrible dancer, it would be stupid, but perhaps understandable.  Louie's given him good marks, and good feedback.  He made minor criticisms, which is what he's there for.  I'm not that big a fan of Louie's and I have my doubts on his objectivity, or that he's really that more qualified for the job than any other professional dancer that work in the media.  However, Matt is a mug if he is trying to create a rivalry with him at this stage of the competition.

I'm no dance expert, but beating another dancer to one part doesn't make you the better dancer overall.  It just means they thought you suited that part better.  It's stupid, as well as petty to bring it up.
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
He can heal the sick

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2012 at 15:57
Excellent, thought out replies to this article

Originally posted by fluff

I'd argue that it's the likes of Sebastien has suffered more from Louie not getting what he is trying to do, and he has criticised some things that I have assumed to be deliberate parts of the characterisation of the choreography from a few contestants.

I hear you fluff, Louie can't have it all ways, he's directly contradicting himself.

Louie looked a bit silly after Seb explained he actually WAS in character throughout his skate yet dance expert Louie couldn't 'read' Seb's performance

Originally posted by BambionIce

I'll admit Louie is starting to grate with me after a subdued start, but he's not the one I've gone off reading that article.

Again, in total agreement. Louie's reverted to his 'showbiz' persona. It's only going to get worse from here on in, the ice panel aren't the stars, he needs to contain his ego and make it about the celebs.

It would be nice to have a gay personality on telly who doesn't wholly conform to stereotype (which makes Gareth on CBB a refreshing change) Louie's tested the water and decided he can do 'full on' on DOI - not impressed

Originally posted by fluff

... unless it is a totally fabricated quote, Matt is the one who volunteered that Louie missed out on a job to him. Matt is a mug if he is trying to create a rivalry with him at this stage of the competition.I'm no dance expert, but beating another dancer to one part doesn't make you the better dancer overall.  It just means they thought you suited that part better.  It's stupid, as well as petty to bring it up.

Yep again in agreement

We've got dancers and dance teachers on this forum (it also goes for actors, singers) and they'll tell you that it's not always the most talented who'll get the gig, sometimes they're looking for a certain type or attitude instead. It was kinda mean (big headed actually) of Matt to bring it up

I really hope some of the other celebs get their day in the sun (oh yeah, a CATS reference) get me *jazz hands*   

Edited by Alex - 27 Jan 2012 at 16:06
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2012 at 16:08
I wish Louie was not so camp - he is such a wealth of knowledge on dance and one of the most amazing dancers I have seen in his field - in Cats he was fab

As for Matthew - he is playing this all wrong and is comming across as far too cocky too early this story now puts Louie in difficult position because when he (rightly ) marks him a bit lower like this week it may be viewed by the public as sour grapes
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2012 at 16:23
Louie would have done better if he'd stuck to the witty one liners and not gone for every cheap laugh. He's diluted himself.

and thinking about that dance audition Louie is SO talented and an amazing dancer - that I cannot believe Matt W beat him  over dance probably Louie's lisp lost him the part :))

Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
He can heal the sick

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2012 at 16:24
I've had a sneak peek at Kyran's blog and he is suggesting that Matt might be peaking too early and points out that sometimes being top dog this early in the game, doesn't always bode well as the great British Public loves to back an underdog

I'm thinking of Stefan here, not great in show one then goes onto make final 3
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2012 at 16:51
Stefan is a great example - also Suzanne Shaw who only came in to her own in the last few weeks to overtake Chris Fountain
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
He can heal the sick

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2012 at 17:05
That's true! I remember when Suzanne was sick and Matt was worried they were going to be in the skate off
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2012 at 17:08
Bearing that in mind then there is

Sebastien, Heidi, Sam, Chico at least with realistic chance of the final besides Matt W and Jorgie.

Ray Quinn remains the only contestant to get the highest mark every week he skated and to win
Toots View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Toots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2012 at 07:50
I agree with everything said above. Louie is an inspired dancer but like so many before him (who, incidentally have sunk without trace, he has got big-headed and come over all showbizzy) I used to like him, but now find him irritating.
Inside every elderly person there is a young person wondering what the hell happened
 Post Reply Post Reply