I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Dancing On Ice 2012
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

DOI Battle Twist Revealed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DOI Battle Twist Revealed
    Posted: 24 Jan 2012 at 00:38

'Dancing on Ice' celebrities go head-to-head in skating battle twist

Published Tuesday, Jan 24 2012, 00:01 GMT | By Ryan Love | 1 comment

The Dancing on Ice celebrities will go head-to-head in individual skating battles this week, it has been revealed.

The twist will see each skater and their professional partner paired with another couple, with the match-ups formed based on their position on last week's scoreboard.

Nina%20Ulanova%20and%20Matthew%20Wolfenden

© Ken McKay/ITV/Rex Features

Jorgie%20Porter%20and%20Matt%20Evers%20

Each pairing will take to the ice at the same time, performing their own routine to the same music.

The Ice Panel - Robin Cousins, Katarina Witt and Louie Spence - will then choose which couple they thought skated best, automatically guaranteeing them a place in week four of the competition.

At the end of the battles, six of the celebrities will be left to face the public vote. The normal format will then carry through to the results show; with the bottom two performing in the skate-off.

Heidi%20Range%20and%20Andrei%20Lipanov

Charlene%20Tilton%20and%20Matt%20Gonzalez%20

Having ended up joint first on the leaderboard, soap stars Matthew Wolfenden and Jorgie Porter will go head-to-head in one of the ice battles. The other pairings are Andy Whyment V Rosemary Conley, Heidi Range V Charlene Tilton, Jennifer Ellison V Sebastien Foucan, Chico V Sam Nixon, and Corey Feldman V Chemmy Alcott.

"The celebrities were extremely shocked when they found out the twist," an insider told Digital Spy. "It wasn't what any of them were expecting. The pressure is really on to perform; each will want to pull out all the stops to win the ice panel's support."

Dancing on Ice continues Sunday at 6.45pm on ITV1.

Source
@lovingDOI View Drop Down
Fluffer
Fluffer

Quote @lovingDOI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2012 at 11:46
wow, this really is a twist, wonder who does make these twists up?? is it producers, or Jayne & Chris, does anyone know? My only worry, is concentration, I think the girls will be ok, as the pro males are used to being on ice with others, and can prob concenatrate more with so much going on, the girl pro's with the male celebs, i just hope if the do lifts, the guys can naviagte around the arena, knowing there is anoher couple there also. so dont want to see anyone hurt.xx   good thing CHRIS & JAYNE are skating, YEAH xxx :) and im not at work so can watch, and not play catch up, whooooooooooooo xxx
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
He can heal the sick

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2012 at 14:17
Andy Vs. Rosemary is going to be a hard one to call, ditto Matt and Jorgie and Jen and Seb

Easy ones:
Chemmy through
Heidi too
Jonnyboy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Gonk

Quote Jonnyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2012 at 15:17
Yes to have them dancing to the same music, but not at the same time, you will never take it all in. 
killersbee View Drop Down
Royal Blue
Royal Blue

Quote killersbee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2012 at 15:20
Now there's a twist...and a good one too for once
Catwoman: "For one if I was a bloke, I would not flirt with you two. I have standards."
Toots: "If I had a figure like Ola's, I'd wear that outfit to Sainsburys!"
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
He can heal the sick

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2012 at 16:09
Not entirely happy with Jen and Seb up against each other
Brekkie View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote Brekkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2012 at 16:53
I was thinking earlier in the series it would be good to have some kind of Dance Off with both couples on the ice for the skate off - but in reality they'd never be able to learn two routines every week just in case.  

This isn't a bad twist, but I'd have left it a fortnight myself as this is just the third routine for each couple.   It's better than "the Ice Pick" at least - hopefully that twist won't return.   I suspect the Team Challenge will though and hopefully they'll still do solo routines in the semi-finals.   

I'd rather they keep the Show Dance in the final too but suspect they'll return to flying now they're back at Elstree - although I'd keep the Show Dance and then have a Flying Bolero as the final twist.
 Post Reply Post Reply