I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Dancing On Ice 2012
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Chemmy Alcott: I’ll shimmy to slopes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Chemmy Alcott: I’ll shimmy to slopes
    Posted: 18 Jan 2012 at 11:53

Chemmy Alcott: I’ll shimmy to slopes

Skis%20got%20rhythm%20...%20Chemmie%20Alcott%20on%20Dancing%20On%20Ice
Ski's got rhythm ... Chemmie Alcott on Dancing On Ice

Published: Today at 01:05

TRAINING for Dancing On Ice has given injured skier Chemmy Alcott feeling back in her shattered leg – and now she wants to compete in one last Winter Olympics.

The blonde beauty, 29, injured her right leg in an 80mph horror smash in Canada in 2010.

Surgeons reinforced her limb with titanium but Chemmy, Britain's top skier, was left with a numb leg that didn't respond properly to her brain signals.

But thanks to her sessions on the ice for the ITV1 show, Chemmy reckons she will soon be back to her best on the slopes.

She told TV Biz: "The first time I got on the skates, it took me 40 minutes to find my 'inside edge' because the brain-to-leg nerves were severed in my accident.

"I've got all this metal in my right leg and the skating is giving me the chance to get that brain pattern working before I hit the slopes. If it took me that long to 'communicate' downhill, it could be a disaster.

Slippery%20slope%20...%20Chemmy%20Alcott%20in%20action
Slippery slope ... Chemmy Alcott in action
"This could get me back to the sport I love. I've done three Winter Olympics and I've got one more in me.

"I want to do Russia in 2014. This is the best preparation. The fitness and the feeling you get on the ice — if I can do this on a tiny blade then hopefully I can transfer it to a wide ski."

Fall%20...%20Chemmie%20Alcott%20after%20her%202010%20ski%20accident
Fall ... Chemmie Alcott after her 2010 ski accident
Despite her horrendous accident, Chemmy — who scored 16 out of 30 on her first skate with partner Sean Rice — insists she has no fear on the ice. In fact, her biggest worry is losing weight.

She said: "When you're a skier you need to maintain your weight to help your speed.

"You can't be a downhill skier if you have an attitude where you worry. But, yes, Dancing On Ice could make or break my skiing."

The Sun

Post Reply Post Reply