I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Dancing On Ice 2012
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Enders actress Laila has no re-Morse

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Enders actress Laila has no re-Morse
    Posted: 17 Jan 2012 at 14:38

Enders actress Laila has no re-Morse

Prancing%20On%20Ice%20...%20Leila%20Morse%20and%20Lukasz%20Rozychi
Prancing On Ice ... Leila Morse and Lukasz Rozychi
Matt Frost / Rex Features

Published: Today at 00:21

EASTENDERS star Laila Morse is THRILLED to have been voted off Dancing On Ice.

The actress became the second star to get the boot after Sunday night's skate-off.

It means she can now spend her break from the soap taking a romantic trip to Spain as well as planning her move to be the next Jeremy Kyle.

But first she needs surgery on her shoulder after she tore some tendons during rehearsals.

Laila — who scored just 9.5 out of 30 for her performance to Mary Wells' hit My Guy with skating partner Lukasz Rozycki — said: "I am not disappointed, I am quite pleased I am out.

"Suffering this injury makes it very difficult and I don't think it was fair on Lukasz to be my crutch."

Laila — who doesn't begin filming EastEnders again until late March — admits her injury has left her in agony and has meant that for the past few weeks she has been getting less than four hours sleep a night.

And she confesses she was pleased that US actor Corey Feldman beat her in the skate-off because she was in such pain.

Big%20Mo-ment%20...%20Laila%20and%20Lukasz
Big Mo-ment ... Laila and Lukasz
She said: "It was a relief. It would have been quite difficult to do another week because you need your arms. The judges want to see some action.

"The pain is like a toothache that doesn't stop. I have had it for nearly ten weeks now.

"I will get this operation done this week then go and have a couple of weeks in Spain. I have got an apartment on a golf course.

"I am going to take my boyfriend. It is not someone you know about. He will look after me, he is a gentleman."

Laila, who got the fewest points on Sunday, wasn't phased by negative comments from show judges Louie Spence, Katarina Witt and Robin Cousins.

She said: "I take no notice of what they say. They could slag me off, that is their opinion. I don't bother with them. I know if I have done alright."

Laila, who joined EastEnders in 2000 as "Big Mo" Harris, was looking forward to some time off from the soap so she could take part in Dancing On Ice.

But she found training tough and also missed co-stars Jessie Wallace, Shane Richie and Gillian Wright who play Kat Moon, Alfie Moon and Jean Slater.

She said: "It is one of the hardest things I have ever done.

"No regrets but I am glad that I'm out. I do miss my friends Shane, Jessie and Gillian, and the rest of them."

But Laila's injury could mean she returns to Walford in a sling.

She said: "Lukasz said my shoulder will take about 12 weeks to fix because it is a tear.

"I can just go back to EastEnders and pretend I have been hit by a bus or something. I have had an accident on holiday or something with Fat Elvis. They can come up with something."

While she is looking forward to her return to Albert Square, Laila wants to branch out into different kinds of telly. And she is full of ideas for a rowdy new TV show.

She said: "I would like to be like Jeremy Kyle. If there was two ugly people I'd say, 'Well, you suit each other 'cos you are both ugly' — that sort of thing.

"It would have to be after the watershed. I would call it Late Night With Laila.

"They would come on and I'd say, 'Look at you, your shoes need cleaning, your teeth are like a horrible pair of railings'.

"But there wouldn't be fighting. I like making people laugh.

"It is the best tonic in the world to laugh. If I can do that I am doing everybody good."

The Sun

Post Reply Post Reply