I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Dancing On Ice 2012
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

DOI star Andy Akinwolere blasts new judge

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DOI star Andy Akinwolere blasts new judge
    Posted: 10 Jan 2012 at 09:24

I didn’t make Louie Spence randy, fumes Blue Peter’s Andy

Dancing On Ice star Andy Akinwolere blasts new judge

Blast%20...%20former%20Blue%20Peter%20presenter%20Andy%20Akinwolere
Blast ... former Blue Peter presenter Andy Akinwolere
TV Exclusive

By JEN BLACKBURN
Published: Today at 00:01

ANGRY Andy Akinwolere claimed last night that Louie Spence gave him the shove from Dancing On Ice because he's "not his type".

Former Blue Peter host Andy was stunned as judge Louie scored him just 3.5 out of ten on Sunday night — compared with marks of 5.5 and 5.0 he got from Olympic skate legends Katarina Witt and Robin Cousins.

And after the public vote dumped Andy in a skate-for-survival with Sugababes singer Heidi Range, Louie and Robin voted him out as Katarina was the sole judge to back him.

Louie told Andy on the ITV1 show: "The moves are there but very floppy."

But Andy told TV Biz: "Too floppy! Perhaps Louie doesn't like me? Perhaps I'm not his type? I can't be everyone's type. Come on, Louie!"

Dance diva Louie admitted to TV Biz last week that he WOULD be giving extra points to sexy stars. He said: "If it's all in place, if they hit the right line and it's all toned, there may be an extra point in there."

Under%20fire%20...%20new%20Dancing%20On%20Ice%20judge%20Louie%20Spence
Under fire ... new Dancing On Ice judge Louie Spence

But Andy's routine to Maroon 5 track Moves Like Jagger clearly did not light Louie's fire.

Andy said of his exit: "I'm really gutted, I wasn't expecting it at all. I felt disappointed by Louie's comments because I felt marked quite harshly.

"One of the hardest things was being marked on my dancing, which was one of the things I felt most passionate about. I've never been a trained dancer but I just thought I'd give it some welly. I don't know what the agenda was.

"I was told my rhythm wasn't there and the dancing wasn't there. If anything, I thought the music was there — our routine was fun and I gave everything. I stretched myself and pushed myself to another level."

Andy's professional skate partner, Maria Filippov insisted Louie got his scoring badly wrong — and that many professionals backstage agreed.

She said: "I strongly disagree with Louie. I don't think Andy is a person without rhythm — that was completely wrong and many people said that.

"Andy isn't a trained dancer so you wouldn't expect him to have refined movement but he definitely has rhythm."

Andy added: "The audience booed Louie's comments and I think they felt some injustice. But at the end of the day I've learned to skate, learned to dance.

"I think there is pressure for Louie as a new judge. But they have to give their genuine, honest opinion and, if that was his, then I accept it."

Andy was surprised Robin put Heidi through after scoring him higher. But on the show Robin inferred looks swung it, saying: "One of the performances was a lot cleaner... I like some sugar with my babe, I vote to save Heidi."

Yet Andy wished Heidi all the best. He said: "Everyone in that show stretched themselves."

The Sun

Jonnyboy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Gonk

Quote Jonnyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2012 at 11:44
bitter much?
Toots View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Toots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2012 at 13:35
Oh dear. I thought all this would stop with the demise of Jason. There has to be criticism, if the judges only focused on the good bits, it would be very boring wouldn't it?

Much as I find Louie irritating I think he has to play himself in. He has been told to be contentious, and paid well to be so. He'll settle down, hopefully, with time
Inside every elderly person there is a young person wondering what the hell happened
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2012 at 14:49
get over it Andy!! it's only a tv entertainment show!
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
BambionIce View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote BambionIce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2012 at 15:35

I thought Louie's criticisms throughout were  generally fair and expressed without any of the personal malice that made his predecessor such an irritating little twerp.  As for Andy - he needs to get over himself.  Robin put Heidi through because her skate-off performance was cleaner, and while Andy's was more (to me) enjoyable, I can't argue with that.

Overreaction Jackson View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote Overreaction Jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2012 at 20:16

Far too much bitterness, I actually expected someone to throw the race card in as well..

They didn't deserve to go, in fairness it should have been Mark - however get over it and stop being a bad loser Arse
Eviesmum View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Twilight Mad

Quote Eviesmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2012 at 23:29
Well Colin tweeted that one could skate and one could dance so in fairness Heidi should have gone through as she did.

Andy has every right to be peeved though as he was the best male on the night.
 Post Reply Post Reply