I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Dancing On Ice 2012
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Performances, Judges Comments and Scores

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Performances, Judges Comments and Scores
    Posted: 08 Jan 2012 at 22:39
DANCING ON ICE
Live Show 1

Sunday 8 January 2012
ITV1 Performance Show - 18.30pm

ITV1 Results show – 21.30pm

After months of training at up to 20 hours a week, the celebrity skaters were ready for the first spectacular live show.  This week saw the celebrities split, as Heidi Range, Andy Whyment, Charlene Tilton, Mark Rhodes, Chemmy Alcott, Andy Akinwolere and Jorgie Porter took to the ice to skate for their place in the competition.

Torvill and Dean opened the show with a breathtaking performance to Lady Gaga hit Edge Of Glory joined by the Dancing On Ice skating professionals.

No one wanted to be the first to go but it was Heidi Range and Andy Akinwolere who found themselves in the bottom with the lowest combined scores from the judges and the public vote.  Louie and Robin chose to save Heidi so Andy leaves the competition.
A disappointed Andy said, “I’m gutted because we put so much into that performance.”

Performances and Judges Comments

Heidi Range skated with Andrei Lipanov to E.T. (Katy Perry) and scored 12.5 out of 30

Afterwards Heidi said, “I enjoyed it.”  Referring to losing Slyvain due to injury and skating now with Andrei, Heidi said, “I’m a lucky girl I got to skate with two amazing men.”

Robin Cousins (scored 4.5) “A very challenging week but what a way to start the show it was very strong, very solid.  Brilliant job nicely put together.”

Katarina Witt (scored 3.5) “It always takes extra courage to go out and skate and you’ve set a good standard.  Keep trusting your partner he will always catch you.”

Louie Spence (scored 4.5) “You’ve got good musicality, overall it was a good, safe opening performance.”

Mark Rhodes skated with Frankie to I’M STILL STANDING (Elton John) and scored 8 out of 30
Afterwards Mark said, “I need some water I can’t speak.  I really enjoyed that and I didn’t drop Frankie!”

Robin Cousins (scored 3) “Your face works hard but need to get your feet and body to work as hard.”

Katarina Witt (scored 3) “I got a kick out of your performance skills.  The skates are supposed to give you speed and I wanted to jump on the ice and help you.”

Louie Spence (scored 2) “It wasn’t floating my boat. You have a winning smile and partner but it was dad dancing.  You have no strength in your core and you were happy with what you were doing but you weren’t doing much.  But you have a winning smile.”

Charlene Tilton skated with Matt Gonzalez to GUILTY (Barbara Streisand) and scored 13 out of 30

Afterwards Chalene said, “I am shaking like a leaf.  I had fun.”

Robin Cousins (scored 4) “Matt said you are gorgeous and you are.  I think you’re going to be a few people’s guilty pleasure over the coming weeks.”

Katarina Witt (scored 4.5) “Totally amazing, you’re so comfortable on the ice.  Unlike Mark (Rhodes) who I want to get on the ice and push, your partner Matt was trying to catch up with you.  Amazing!

Louie Spence (scored 4.5) “That packed a punch with nice lines.  Your small limbs are an advantage, as they’re not flapping around!  But I wanted to feel the drama in your performance.”

Jorgie Porter skated with Matt Evers to SKINNY LOVE (Birdy) and scored 18.5 out of 30
Afterwards Jorgie said, “I didn’t remember a thing!  Stepping off I felt relief!”

Robin Cousins (scored 6.5) “Exquisite.  I would go as far to say that it was one of the strongest opening routines we have ever had on a series.  I wasn’t watching your skating skills or performance, I watching a breathtaking duet.  I can’t wait to see what else you can do over the weeks.”

Katarina Witt (scored 6) “Its scary how well you skated for the first show.  You had good edges, you can already do spins and lifts, and you added the first sparkle of magic to the night.”

Louie Spence (scored 6) “It was a beautiful performance.  One tiny critique, as I am a perfectionist, is I would have liked to have seen some eye contact with you and Matt.”

Chemmy Alcott skated with Sean Rice to RAISE YOUR GLASS (Pink) and scored 16 out of 30
Afterwards Chemmy said, “I can’t believe how feminine I’ve become, I get teary and emotional on the ice!”

Robin Cousins (scored 5.5) “It was good to see such power and speed on the ice.  As a skier you don’t need performance but just then you performed as if you do it on stage every day.  It was great.”

Katarina Witt (scored 6)  “After your fall (whilst skiing) to go out and take the risk on the ice - you are an explosion of excitement.”

Louie Spence (scored 4.5) “It was exciting to watch.  It was like a powerhouse and explosion and it did make my heart stop.  I gave you the same score as Charlene and Heidi you don’t have the same finesse as them but if you work on that then you are one to watch!”

Andy Akinwolere skated with Maria Filippov to MOVES LIKE JAGGER (Maroon 5) and scored 14 out of 30

Afterwards Andy said, “We have been working so hard and I have been stressing about the aeroplane lift.  I hope I did moved like Jagger.  I just want to do Maria (Filippov) proud.”

Robin Cousins (scored 5) “It maybe a bit sloppy in the body but when it came to looking after partner you had complete control.”

Katarina Witt (scored 5.5)  “I think you’re a natural, you look like you were born with skates.  I saw chorography, I saw steps and lifts and I saw you and your partner working together.  I like what you do.”

Louie Spence (scored 3.5) “The moves are there but they are very floppy.  You do have beautiful long limbs but you need more control over them.”

Andy Whyment skated with Vicky Ogden to WALK THIS WAY (Run DMC) and scored 12 out of 30

Afterwards Andy said, “I’m made up with that.  I really did enjoy myself it’s the best thing I’ve ever done.”

Robin Cousins (scored 4) “Some of it was very strong, some was wrong on so many levels, but I loved it.  Underneath there is a competitive skater – please let him out!

Katarina Witt (scored 4)  “You are a little bit of a surprise for me tonight having seen how little skill you had at the start.  I think you have so much more potential.”

Louie Spence (scored 4) “There is still work to be done, but you had strong arms.  It was entertaining and you made me smile so a good performance.”

Next week Hollywood actor, Corey Feldman, actress Jennifer Ellison, children’s TV presenter Sam Nixon, fitness guru Rosemary Conley, founder of freerunning Sébastien Foucan, actress Laila Morse, Emmerdale actor Matthew Wolfenden and TV personality Chico take to the ice to battle it out for their place in the competition. 

ITV PRESS OFFICE

Dancing on Ice is an ITV Studios Production for ITV1
Jonnyboy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Gonk

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Jonnyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2012 at 09:57
Have to say I was pleasently surprised with Lois, I expected more panto dame than serious judge and he actually came through. 
 Post Reply Post Reply