I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Dancing On Ice 2012
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Chesney out - Chico IN

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Chesney out - Chico IN
    Posted: 04 Jan 2012 at 19:29

Dancing on Ice: injured Chesney Hawkes replaced by Chico

Singer Chesney Hawkes has been ruled out of Dancing on Ice by doctors and replaced by former X Factor contestant Chico.

Singer%20Chesney%20Hawkes%20has%20been%20ruled%20out%20of%20the%202012%20series%20of%20Dancing%20on%20Ice%20due%20to%20an%20ankle%20injury.
Singer Chesney Hawkes has been ruled out of the 2012 series of Dancing on Ice due to an ankle injury. Photo: ITV

Former%20X%20Factor%20contestant%20Chico%20joins%20the%202012%20series%20of%20Dancing%20on%20Ice.
Former X Factor contestant Chico joins the 2012 series of Dancing on Ice

By

7:08PM GMT 04 Jan 2012

Singer Chesney Hawkes has withdrawn from Dancing on Ice after sustaining an injury to his leg whilst training for the current series.

The One and Only singer was practising basic skating steps with professional partner Jodeyne Higgins when he took a tumble suffering a severe ankle sprain and fractured fibula.

Hawkes was seen by medics before the Dancing on Ice physio refused to sign him off to return to the rink. Former X Factor contestant Chico will be taking his place on the new series.

Chesney said: “I am gutted not to be taking part in Dancing on Ice. I was having a brilliant time and couldn’t wait to finally be skating live on national TV!

“It wasn’t even a spectacular fall, it was a slight stumble as I practiced with my skating partner. I think my children are the most disappointed they were so excited at the prospect of watching me skate.

“I’m determined to be back on the ice, I might not be able to appear in this series but hoping I will be able to appear in the show next year!”

Chico added: “Whilst I'm really excited about being part of the new series of Dancing on Ice it's not necessarily in the best of circumstances.

“I wish Chesney all the best and a speedy recovery. I will not just be skating for myself I will be skating for Chesney as well and do him proud.”

Hawkes is not the only one to be injured in training, according to reports.

Sugababes singer Heidi Range was rushed to hospital with a suspected broken wrist, but it was her professional skating partner Sylvain Longchambon who appears to come off worst with a torn bicep.

Jennifer Ellison has had her leg strapped up in hospital after twisting her kneecap while trying to do the splits, and EastEnders' actress Laila Morse has torn muscles in her shoulder but is postponing surgery on it so that she can still appear in the show.

Keith Chegwin was forced to pull out of the show months ago after breaking his collarbone in his first ever practice session.

The new series of Dancing on Ice starts on Sunday 8 January at 6.30pm on ITV1

Edited by Bren - 04 Jan 2012 at 19:33
@lovingDOI View Drop Down
Fluffer
Fluffer

Quote @lovingDOI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2012 at 19:50
what a shame, not sure about chico, i remember the name , but cant remember if he was a complete idiot, or good LOL, mind you he did sing that cheesy song it's chico time, sad for chesney, :(
Ollie View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2012 at 20:00
It's Chico time! I don't mind him, he's a bit cheesy but I watched him on celebrity flight attendant or summat and he was really nice
Follow me Twitter @Ollie_pops
killersbee View Drop Down
Royal Blue
Royal Blue

Quote killersbee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2012 at 20:53
What a shame...I hope Chico has some potential
Catwoman: "For one if I was a bloke, I would not flirt with you two. I have standards."
Toots: "If I had a figure like Ola's, I'd wear that outfit to Sainsburys!"
fluff View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote fluff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2012 at 22:53
I think Chico can dance.   He's a bit cheesy, and isn't much cop as a singer, but seems like a good guy.
Eviesmum View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Twilight Mad

Quote Eviesmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2012 at 11:53
Originally posted by fluff

I think Chico can dance.   He's a bit cheesy, and isn't much cop as a singer, but seems like a good guy.

I agree - he always seems like a really nice guy on anything I've seen him on. 

I'm sure his was the last series of X Factor I watched.  Not sure how long ago that was.
Jonnyboy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Gonk

Quote Jonnyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2012 at 16:42
Chico has some dance in him and has better upper body strength I would imagine, lets just hope he can skate. 
 Post Reply Post Reply