I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Dancing On Ice 2012 > DOI 2012: The Couples
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Matthew and Nina Profile & Pic

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Matthew and Nina Profile & Pic
    Posted: 31 Jan 2012 at 17:45
MATTHEW AND NINA

Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2012 at 01:45
MATTHEW AND NINA

deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2012 at 22:37
gosh my 11 year old son taller !!! (at 5ft!) that is tiny!!!!
(ok for women tho, not so much for men)

it's obviously so so so  much better for female ice skaters to be small and tiny, much better, and easier for the Male skater of course.
They should of given her to Corey, he barely looks able to lift himself up imo!

Edited by deborah31 - 22 Jan 2012 at 22:39
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
littlesue View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote littlesue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2012 at 20:53
She is the same height as me!! I had the same figure once, back in about 1977Confused
killersbee View Drop Down
Royal Blue
Royal Blue

Quote killersbee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2012 at 17:27
He was amazing last week, one of my early favorites this year
Catwoman: "For one if I was a bloke, I would not flirt with you two. I have standards."
Toots: "If I had a figure like Ola's, I'd wear that outfit to Sainsburys!"
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2012 at 20:46

Edited by Bren - 16 Jan 2012 at 20:49
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2012 at 15:51

Matthew Wolfenden

Professional partner:  Nina Ulanova

“I'm quite looking forward to the outfits! I'm going to be proper blinged up! The lads down the pub will take the mickey but they all want tickets!”

Emmerdale actor Matthew Wolfenden admits he’s feeling the pressure as he attempts to follow in the footsteps of former Dancing On Ice winner and fellow soap colleague Hayley Tamaddon.

Convinced to take part in the series by fiancée and fellow Emmerdale actress Charley Webb, Matthew says as the first male from the soap to appear he’s got ‘a lot to live up to.’

He says, “My fiancée Charley is a massive fan of Dancing On Ice and has said for the last few years that I should give it a bash but I've always chickened out. It was Charley who pushed me in the right direction, and I'm glad she did because I'm loving it.”

Matthew continues, “Training for Dancing On Ice is tiring, it's hard work. I'm training in the morning or the evening depending on which way I can fit it around my filming. There's been number of Emmerdale cast members who have taken part in Dancing On Ice but I'm the first male so I've got a lot to live up to.”

Having trained as a gymnast and dancer, Matthew reveals that Dancing On Ice is pushing his fitness regime to the limits. 

He says, “I've always worked out. I've gone to the gym all my life. I've grown up doing gymnastics and then I was trained as a dancer. I've enjoyed learning a new skill but since training for Dancing On Ice I have found new muscles I didn't know I had in my legs, they're absolutely killing me!   Being a dancer has helped me with my upper body but it also hindered me a little, you have to use a different foot or take off slightly different than if you were dancing normally on the ground, instead of the slippery stuff.”

Matthew continues, “I'm enjoying working with my skating partner Nina.  Over the weeks we’ve been learning lifts off the ice and a few fancy tricks but it's just trying doing it with the skates on! The skates are quite heavy so its fine lifting Nina without the skates on, then you get the skates on and to be honest, the skates nearly weigh as much as she does.”

Undeterred by the skating costumes, Matthew is also hoping to follow in Chris Fountain and Ray Quinn’s footsteps by attempting difficult jumps on the live shows.  

Matthew says, “I'm looking forward to the outfits! I'm going to be proper blinged up.  The lads down the pub will take the mickey but they all want tickets.”

He continues, “We've been working a lot on jumps and I’m hoping, if I’m lucky enough to stay in that I will be able to attempt an axel at some point in the competition.  I’m a bit nervous about trying the head banger it looks ridiculously scary, not necessarily for me but for my skating partner, Nina.”

Name – Nina Ulanova
Age – 32
Nationality – Russian
Height – 4’11

Nina has been a figure skater since 1982.  in 1995 she placed second in the Russian Junior Championships.  In 1996 she placed first in the Russian Junior Championships and won the Junior World Championships.

This will be Nina's  2nd year in Dancing on Ice

Post Reply Post Reply