I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Dancing On Ice 2012 > DOI 2012: The Couples
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Mark and Frankie Profile & Pics

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mark and Frankie Profile & Pics
    Posted: 03 Jan 2012 at 15:40

Mark Rhodes

Professional partner:  Frankie

Sam Nixon would be lying if he didn’t admit that we both want to out do each other!

Children’s TV presenter Mark Rhodes is getting ready to step out with a new partner, Frankie Poultney when he steps onto the ice for the new series’ of hit entertainment show Dancing On Ice.

Viewers will see Mark and TV partner Sam Nixon, who have been presenting together for nearly a decade, competing against each other for the first time since their first they met Pop Idol back in 2003. 

Mark says, “It's really weird because me and Sam have crossed paths when starting a session and we're like talking to each other in code as its secret at the moment.  We've not been in competition with each other since Pop Idol years ago so it's a bit odd!  Whilst we will be supporting each other, Sam would be lying if he said we both want to out do each other!” 

He continues, “I think Andy from Blue Peter is going to do really well because he's a fit lad; I've played football with him a lot.  Heidi from the Sugababes looks athletic and I've seen her practising and she's really good. I don't think I want to watch anyone else do it because it makes me more nervous!”

Mark admits he’s already noticing a change in his physique since he started rehearsals for the series.  

He says, “I've lost about six pounds, it's amazing! The thing is you use muscles that you never ever thought you had and it's just so hard on those muscles that you've not used before. I'm used to playing football, but it's a completely different sport and it's completely different muscles that you're using. You do get a bit achy, but it's good for fitness definitely; It's the best fitness slavery I've ever had!”

He continues, “I've been stocking up on the carbs, but I always used to do that anyway before I started training for Dancing On Ice but I have cut out a lot of alcohol because dehydrates you and I've been having more water.  I've been going to the toilet every five minutes!”

With the live shows starting in the New Year, Mark admits that he’s nervous about stepping onto the ice in front of an audience. 

Sam says, “I'm not dreading the outfits because as children's television presenters this is will be bland in comparison!  I’m nervous about that first routine.  When they call out our name and you skate onto the ice, all that hard work for just a one minute routine, with millions of people watching the show I don't want to make a fool of myself!  If I am lucky enough to stay in after that first performance I think I'll be a little bit more chilled to the whole magnitude of the event!”

He continues, “Ice skating is the hardest sport I've ever tried and will ever try! Sam and I have done some crazy stuff for cameras like synchronized swimming! But I've got so much respect for the professionals that make it look easy because it's one of the hardest disciplines that I've ever seen. To make it look easy, you've got to put in so much graft!”

Name – Frankie Poultney
Age – 37
Nationality – British
Height – 5’1

Frankie competed in regional compeitions before enterinvg the world of professional
shows age just 18.  

From 2002-2006 she was the principal Adagio skater in 'Planet Ice'
aboard the Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines 'Explorer of the Seas' which is one of the World's largest cruise ships.  

Frankie also undertakes ice training with various sporting institutes, dance, performing and skating schools across the globe.  This will be Frankie's 6th series of Dancing on Ice.

Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2012 at 00:09

deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2012 at 10:09
lucky to get thru last night imo!
Frankie won't win it this year either!
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2012 at 01:44
MARK AND FRANKIE

Post Reply Post Reply