I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Dancing On Ice 2012 > DOI 2012: The Couples
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Jennifer and Dan Profile and Pic

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jennifer and Dan Profile and Pic
    Posted: 03 Jan 2012 at 14:59
Jennifer Ellison

Skating partner:  Daniel Whiston

I couldn't cook when I went into Hell’s Kitchen and I did pretty well at that. I just need to learn to skate and I will be OK.

Actress and self confessed Dancing On Ice fan, Jennifer Ellison is thrilled to be taking part in the new series. 

The actress reveals that she and her family have watched previous series and it was her mum that convinced her to take part. 

Jennifer says, "As a family Dancing on Ice is something that we all love. Every year we all sit there on the sofa and watch it. I'm always saying 'I'd love to do that one year', and my mum is always saying you should but my husband is like 'no, no she will break every bone in her body and lose her teeth!'"

She continued, "Having a dance background (to me) Torvill and Dean are icons. I remember when I was doing a modern dance championship and my mum copied one of the costumes that Jayne wore a year after the Bolero. My version didn't look very good but I thought it was fabulous."

The mum of one is relishing the challenge and says the show is helping regain her fitness. 

Jennifer says, "It's a huge personal challenge because I seem to have just been a mum for and I've loved every minute of it. It's funny because I've said to myself I need to get back into work.”

She continues, "I used to be very sporty but since having a baby that's kind of all gone and I haven't really been to the gym for a long time. I'm literally starting from scratch, fitness wise. I have put myself on a diet and I'm going to go to the gym. It's a big massive thing personally for me, it's not just about doing a show.

The actress admits that the one thing she is most looking forward to is dressing up each week in the skating costumes. 

Jennifer says, "I am really looking forward to the costumes. I think that's one of the best parts about the show when you watch each week and you see somebody come out and you can see what they are wearing. I'm going to look like a human Girl’s World or Barbie Doll!"  

She continues, "I'm looking forward to learning to ice skate, putting the hours in and trying my best and seeing what results I get. I couldn't cook when I went into Hell’s Kitchen and I did pretty well at that. I just need to learn to skate and I will be OK."

Name – Daniel Whiston
Age – 34
Nationality – British
Height – 5’11

Daniel is a veteran of all six series of Dancing on Ice and is the only pro-skater to win the show twice (Gaynor Faye in series one and Hayley Tammadon in series five).

He's an acommplished athlete who has skated to high level in the amateur world and in a host of shows
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2012 at 20:17
JENNIFER AND DAN

Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2012 at 01:42
JENNIFER AND DANIEL

Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2012 at 17:37

JENNIFER AND DAN

Post Reply Post Reply