I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Dancing On Ice 2012
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

DOI 2012 Line-up

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DOI 2012 Line-up
    Posted: 03 Jan 2012 at 21:20
think it will be fierce this year fluff 
fluff View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote fluff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2012 at 18:01
To be honest, I'd not paid much attention to him, as I don't follow Emerdale and assumed him to be just another soap actor with no specific aptitude other than thinking it'll be a bit of fun and  I gave up on the ITV clips before I got that far because those adverts are so annoying.

Now I've watched, he does look very solid, and keen.  His time dancing in the West End will give him the discipline, and presumably means he's got musicality and the ability to learn moves quickly, which all bodes well.

I think this is going to be a very strong year.
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2012 at 17:25
I think the onne to watch is Matthew Wolfenden an actor now but he was on the British Gynnamstics team until injured fast and natural over the ice already performing big jumps and gunning for axel he is skaing with a little partner and reminds me of Chris fountain annd franke
fluff View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote fluff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2012 at 16:48
This line-up is a big improvement on last year.  I wasn't familiar with all of them before, but they are all famous for something I recognise, and not just being related to someone famous and pretending to be a "model" or "presenter".   The absence of WAGs makes me happy and I'm much more excited about this series than I've been for a couple of years.   I can see myself getting a lot more involved again this year.

I'm impressed with the women they've got, especially the older ones.  Laila (Big Mo) is a good booking, even if she will be rubbish, while Rosemary Conley will be a great amabassador for the older lady.  She seems really excited about doing the show and has amazing fitness, although I think she'll struggle with the performance side of things.

Sebastien has to be the one to watch.  He looks very natural on the ice, but seems to know he has to learn the basics of ice-skating before trying to do anything too fancy dance-wise.  I just hope he doesn't get carried away and ends up injuring himself, but I also suspect he'll be good at falling, and know how to avoid injuring himself.

I'm excited about Chemmy too.  She'll be a real power-house and in the clip I saw she was very fast, but lacking in artistic flair, while the likes of Jennifer Ellison, and Heidi Range will be elegant, but will need to work on being good skaters.

I really like that at the start of DOI there are a number of contestants that all have their different strengths.  They all have something to work on, and I love seeing how they cope with that, and improving.  Traditionally, some of the sports stars seem to handle not being brilliant badly, but Chemmy seems to be really eager to learn and knows she's not elegant etc.   I just hope she's got some musicality and rhythm.

Edited by fluff - 03 Jan 2012 at 16:49
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2012 at 15:20
Worst skaters look like the old gal Laila Morse,  and Andy Whyment

Andy looks like he could be another Todd Carty in the making, so make be kept in for entertainment value!!!!!LOL

No doubt a young un will win.

one of the young guys they showed on ITV looked good (don't know any of them except Rosemary, and Charlene- as don't watch any soaps)

Do they have a stand-by for Chesney Hawkes, now he's injured  and could be out????
(i have heard of him thru his song in the 80/90;s)

Edited by deborah31 - 03 Jan 2012 at 15:22
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
killersbee View Drop Down
Royal Blue
Royal Blue

Quote killersbee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2012 at 14:06
Cor, I do not know any of those celebs...let's hope most of them are amazing skaters
Catwoman: "For one if I was a bloke, I would not flirt with you two. I have standards."
Toots: "If I had a figure like Ola's, I'd wear that outfit to Sainsburys!"
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
He can heal the sick

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2012 at 12:48
Loving this line up! Drink
Eviesmum View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Twilight Mad

Quote Eviesmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2012 at 09:22
Cor you're quick Bren Big%20smile

Liking most of the pairing, but do think Luk has lucked out again this year Cry

Edited by Eviesmum - 03 Jan 2012 at 12:49
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2012 at 00:26

THE GUYS

Chesney Hawkes / Jodeyne Higgins
Sebastien Foucan / Brianne Delcourt
Corey Feldman / Brooke Castile
Andy Akinwolere Maria Filippov
Mark Rhodes / Frankie Poultney
Sam Nixon / Alexandra Schauman
Matthew Wolfenden / Nina Ulanova
Andy Whyment / Vicky Ogden

THE GIRLS

Jennifer Ellison /  Dan Whiston
Jorgie Porter / Matt Evers)
Laila Morse / Lukasz Rozychi
Heidi Range /Sylvain Longchambon (replaced with Andrei)
Rosemary Conley / Mark Hanretty
Chemmy Alcott / with Sean Rice)
Charlene Tilton /Matt Gonzalez

Edited by Bren - 03 Jan 2012 at 09:01
 Post Reply Post Reply