I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Dancing On Ice 2012
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Andrei makes DOI return

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Andrei makes DOI return
    Posted: 30 Dec 2011 at 12:36

Andrei Lipanov returning to Dancing on Ice

• by Mike Blackburn, Evening Gazette
Andrei%20Lipanov%20bidding%20farewell%20to%20some%20of%20his%20pupils
Andrei Lipanov bidding farewell to some of his pupils

A STAR skating coach at Billingham Forum is making an unexpected return to hit TV show Dancing on Ice.

Russian Andrei Lipanov has been an instant hit at the reopened Forum where he coaches figure skating.

Andrei settled down with his family in the North-east after enjoying a four-year stint partnering celebrities on the popular ITV show.

But after one of the current professional coaches dropped out of Dancing on Ice 2012, producers asked Andrei if he would step in.

The news that his departure was only temporary brought relief to the amateur skaters he coaches at the Forum.

And a group of them, dressed as schoolgirls with Andrei’s name printed on their shirts, took to the rink to wish him luck with the show.

Becky Robson, a 19-year-old student at Durham University’s Queen’s Campus in Stockton, said: “I think Andrei’s upset about leaving us, but he keeps his emotions in check.”

And she joked they won’t be voting for Andrei on the show “so we can get him back sooner!”

The name of the celebrity partnering Andrei on Dancing on Ice has not been released - but internet speculation suggests it could be Sugababes singer Heidi Range, after her partner suffered a serious injury.

Andrei, 35, who was born in St Petersburg and turned professional at 20, has been working at the Forum since it reopened its doors in June after an £18.5m refurbishment.

The dad-of-one said he would “be sad” to leave his coaching for what could be up to five months if he has a good run on the show.

“I have mixed feelings because I want to do well, but I also love it here,” he said.

“But they needed somebody experienced to step in.

“It was good to see the support for me from the skaters, and I’d like to thank Tees Active (who run the Forum) for keeping my place here.

“As soon as I finish the show I will come back here.”

Other celebrities believed to be lined up for the new series of Dancing on Ice, which starts early next month, include actress Jennifer Ellison, American actor Corey Feldman, singer Chesney Hawkes and exercise guru Rosemary Conley.

Edited by Bren - 30 Dec 2011 at 12:37
Eviesmum View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Twilight Mad

Quote Eviesmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2011 at 13:43
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Heart
Toots View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Toots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2011 at 17:00
Glass of water for Evies mum please her little pink pills have been increased for the duration of Andrei on DOI
Force Ten View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote Force Ten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2011 at 17:39
I'm so happy!Big%20smileBig%20smileBig%20smileClapClapClap
Eviesmum View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Twilight Mad

Quote Eviesmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2011 at 18:25
LOL Hormones are all over the place anyway Toots as I'm expecting - but hey this is fab news nod
@lovingDOI View Drop Down
Fluffer
Fluffer

Quote @lovingDOI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2011 at 18:32
It will be great if he is back, theres something about him, sweet, yet strong & gracefull. cant explain it, just love watching him skate, but wish Sylvan(spl?) a speedy recovery, bet he is gutted xx
Tups View Drop Down
Swallows
Swallows
The Queen Of Tarts

Quote Tups Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2011 at 18:39
oooh... yey..,Andrei... he is adorable.. sooo glad to see him back,, if it's true
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2011 at 20:53
it is true
Tups View Drop Down
Swallows
Swallows
The Queen Of Tarts

Quote Tups Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2011 at 01:27
wooooooohooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Toots View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Toots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2011 at 07:24
Originally posted by Eviesmum

LOL Hormones are all over the place anyway Toots as I'm expecting - but hey this is fab news nod

Congratulations... What does Evie think about it?
Eviesmum View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Twilight Mad

Quote Eviesmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2011 at 17:36
Thank you.

She's excited, she came to the 20 week scan with us as we went on holiday that day so she wasn't at school.

Also she's started to feel him/her move and also she can see when he/she moves, which I think makes it more real for her.

Toots View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Toots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2012 at 16:59
Aww bless hernod
killersbee View Drop Down
Royal Blue
Royal Blue

Quote killersbee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2012 at 14:27
So after an almost 3 year absence, Andrei returns! Good to see him back, it's about time he got a front-runner.
Catwoman: "For one if I was a bloke, I would not flirt with you two. I have standards."
Toots: "If I had a figure like Ola's, I'd wear that outfit to Sainsburys!"
fluff View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote fluff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2012 at 17:00
I'm pleased to see Andrei back, although it's a shame that it's under these circumstances.
Overreaction Jackson View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote Overreaction Jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2012 at 11:22
I'm glad to see him back, it's a shame Suzie never got a decent partner either.

I watched Andrei and Suzie skate together on tour and they were fantastic. I miss Fred & Mel too.

Post Reply Post Reply