I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Dancing On Ice 2012
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

DOI Line-up leaked?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Toots View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Toots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2011 at 19:29
Originally posted by BambionIce

Toots, you've hit on one of my biggest gripes with DOI - the pros seem to be regarded as props to hold their "celeb" partners up rather than as one half of a partnership.  It stops any of them getting the pretensions of celebrity status themselves (unlike certain SCD prosWink I could name) I suppose, but I'd like to see them having a bit more of the input/recognition their professionalism deserves.

Exactly Bambi! I'd really like to see less of Mr Dean (and take his Bloody bolero with him) and more time spent getting to know the pro skaters. They seem, in the main, to be kept right out of things except on the actual performance. Now... if they would only do a bit of this with Tony the berk on SCD we'd all be happy
Eviesmum View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Twilight Mad

Quote Eviesmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2011 at 21:07
Toots Frankie is still with David and they appear to be happy.

I agree Bambi.
BambionIce View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote BambionIce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2011 at 09:52
Originally posted by Toots

Originally posted by BambionIce

Toots, you've hit on one of my biggest gripes with DOI - the pros seem to be regarded as props to hold their "celeb" partners up rather than as one half of a partnership.  It stops any of them getting the pretensions of celebrity status themselves (unlike certain SCD prosWink I could name) I suppose, but I'd like to see them having a bit more of the input/recognition their professionalism deserves.

Exactly Bambi! I'd really like to see less of Mr Dean (and take his Bloody bolero with him) and more time spent getting to know the pro skaters. They seem, in the main, to be kept right out of things except on the actual performance. Now... if they would only do a bit of this with Tony the berk on SCD we'd all be happy
T&D were heroes of mine when I was in my early teens, but yes, I'm  with you. Bolero, brilliant as it was, is only my 3rd or 4th favourite competitive routine they did. 

I realise it's not as "iconic" because they only won Worlds with it, but I'd love to see the finalists given Barnum or Mack & Mabel, or even the '84 Paso Doble to play with instead.

As for Tony... the DOI treatment in that case would go down very nicely!Big%20smile
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2011 at 18:17
Originally posted by Skifan

I really hope so -  he's due a good partner, and I think they'd be brilliant together  Pray  !
I thought he was gay?? not that it matters, but more likely to have a boyfriend!
ps Matt Evers I mean, not the burke

Edited by deborah31 - 30 Dec 2011 at 18:18
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
Eviesmum View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Twilight Mad

Quote Eviesmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2011 at 18:27
Deborah - I think Skifan maybe means he's due to skate with someone with a bit of potential.
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2011 at 20:39
lol, teach me to read the whole thing, and not just a few postings!!LOL
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
Skifan View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote Skifan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2011 at 19:54
Evie's Mum's right, Deborah31  LOL  - I did mean Matt's due a partner with a bit of potential.  Just my opinion, though nod !

Edited by Skifan - 31 Dec 2011 at 19:57
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12