I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > The X Factor 2013
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

X Factor exit for Little Mix?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X Factor exit for Little Mix?
    Posted: 04 Dec 2011 at 13:01

X Factor exit for Little Mix? Judges blast girl band

for poor performance

Wobble%20...%20Little%20Mix%20are%20slated%20by%20judges
Wobble ... Little Mix are slated by judges
By MATT QUINTON

Published: 03th December 2011

X FACTOR favourites Little Mix suffered a serious setback last night - as their version of The Supremes' You Keep Me Hangin' On was SLAMMED by judges.

For the Motown-themed semi final, foursome Jade Thirlwall, 18, Jesy Nelson, 20, Perrie Edwards, 18, and Leigh-Anne Pinnock, 19 had hoped to top last week's rendition of Christina Aguilera's Beautiful.

Instead they were criticised by three of the judges for their lacklustre effort, with only mentor Tulisa Contostavlos backing them.

A disappointed Louis Walsh declared: "There was something missing on that performance, there was something wrong with the styling - you've lost your mojo."

The girls looked crestfallen as Kelly Rowland went on to agree with him, saying: "I feel like you guys have done better performances."

Head judge Gary Barlow laid into the arrangement, saying: "I'm one of your biggest fans - and I want to say that Perrie is the best singer in this band, and she needs to be featured a lot more than she is at the moment"

It was left to Tulisa to defend the absence of a lead vocalist, arguing: "Little Mix are four different people that come together."

Harsh%20criticism%20...%20Little%20Mix
Harsh criticism ... Little Mix

But Louis and Kelly both hit back, with Kelly declaring: "In any girl band there is ALWAYS a lead singer."

The girls then failed to raise their game for their second song of the evening, Beyoncé's If I Were A Boy.

The second song was supposed to offer the contestants a chance to prove why they should be in next week's final - but their effort was met with a frosty reception from the panel.

Louis was positive to start with, saying: "You remind me of Girls Aloud - you could be the next big girl band - but it wasn't perfect."

But Gary really put the boot in to the gutted girl band, saying: "For a semi-final act these vocals just aren't good enough. You've had a bad night.

"I feel like I need to remind people how strong you've been over the past few weeks."

Furious Tulisa shouted him down, punching the desk as she raged: "Oh my God! People need to pick up the phone and vote for you!"

Singer Jade admitted it wasn't their best performance, saying: "We all love that song, we know it wasn't perfect, but we're not perfect."

Emotional%20week%20...%20Misha%20B
Emotional week ... Misha B

Mancunian Misha B was convinced she was destined to go this week, having landing in the bottom two THREE times so far.

But the 19-year-old didn't let her fears hold her back - and won praise for her performance of Motown classic Dancing In The Street.

Kelly called the performance "fantastic", and went on to say: "People really will be dancing in the street after that performance."

And even show baddie Gary sang her praises, saying: "Misha - thank you for making this experience a positive experience for me."

Misha went on to blow the panel away again with her performance of P!nk song F****** Perfect.

Tulisa raved: "That was an amazing performance, and you really connected with the song - and we all really connected with you."

But Gary was more cautious in his praise, talking about the bullying row that engulfed the singer earlier in the series.

The Take That man said: "There's a negative side to you being here - and that's that. I've sat here and seen you be accused of being something that you've not.

"And even if you get through tonight I don't think you can win the competition because of that, and that's a real shame."

Kelly brushed off his criticism of her act, declaring: "Win, lose, you are a real star."

Powerful%20performances%20...%20Amelia%20Lily
Powerful performances ... Amelia Lily

Comeback kid Amelia Lily went for Ain't No Mountain High Enough, made famous by Marvin Gaye.

Louis was blown away by the young star, saying: "You remind me of Christina Aguilera, Kelly Clarkson - and you're only 17 years old!"

Gary was also impressed, saying: "You keep coming back and you keep wowing us."

While Kelly raved: "You were on fire - on fire - tonight. That was amazing."

And the blonde won yet more praise for her performance of Avril Lavigne's I'm With You.

Louis told her it was "the best vocal performance of the night." And Kelly added: "You come here every week and you show us that 17 is just a number."

But harsh Gary disagreed, saying: "Firstly, Louis, that wasn't the vocal performance of the evening - it was a good performance.

"Your shouting voice was great... but I still feel like you haven't found your softer voice."

On%20song%20...%20Marcus%20Collins
On song ... Marcus Collins

Liverpudlian Marcus Collins continued his run of form with his rendition of The Temptations' My Girl.

The crooner looked the part in his baseball jacket, and topped off a smooth performance with a perfectly-pitched falsetto.

Louis praised the ex-hairdresser's consistency, saying: "You never let us down, and I love your vocal range."

"I think you're the perfect pop star."

Kelly swooned over the 23-year-old, saying: "It was a bit of a rough start but when you smoothed it out - I wanted you to be singing to me!"

The judges raised their eyebrows over Marcus's second song choice though, as he returned with a rendition of the Jackson Five's Can You Feel It.

Louis warned: "Gary, I'm not sure that was the right song to get him into the final."

Tulisa thought the same, chiming in: "I do slightly agree with Louis, I don't think that was one of your best performances.

"But I still looked at that stage and saw a star."

It was left to Gary to praise his contestant, saying: "Let me speak for this audience and everyone.

"You look great, you sound great, you dance great, you are going to the final next week - and I hope you win it mate!"

Marcus agreed with his critics, telling host Dermot O'Leary: "The vocal may not have been all there, but I'm working, and I'm growing as a performer."

The Sun

terrip View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote terrip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2011 at 13:04
I don't know how Little Mix have stayed in this long.  Of the 4 left, it's time for them to go.
Terri P
killersbee View Drop Down
Royal Blue
Royal Blue

Quote killersbee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2011 at 18:10
After what Gary said, I hope he gets what he deserves!
Catwoman: "For one if I was a bloke, I would not flirt with you two. I have standards."
Toots: "If I had a figure like Ola's, I'd wear that outfit to Sainsburys!"
 Post Reply Post Reply