I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Dancing On Ice - 2011
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Emma/Jason out - Louie /Katarina IN

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Emma/Jason out - Louie /Katarina IN
    Posted: 03 Dec 2011 at 00:29

'I've been stitched up!' Jason Gardiner 'left furious' as he's replaced by Louie Spence in Dancing On Ice shake-up

By Sarah Bull

Last updated at 12:01 AM on 3rd December 2011

Jason Gardiner has been left furious after being axed as a judge on Dancing On ice by Louie Spence.

The acid-tongued presenter is said to have told friends he feels 'stitched up' by ITV bosses' decision to replace him with Pineapple Dance Studios' Louie Spence.

It is believed executives decided to get rid of Gardiner following his controversial comments on the show, including when he was accused of 'bullying' former judge Karen Barber after telling her: 'If your opinion still mattered, you'd be on the panel'.

Ive%20been%20stitched%20up!%20Jason%20Gardiner%20is%20said%20to%20be%20furious%20after%20being%20replaced%20by%20Louie%20Spence%20as%20a%20judge%20on%20Dancing%20On%20Ice
Ive%20been%20stitched%20up!%20Jason%20Gardiner%20is%20said%20to%20be%20furious%20after%20being%20replaced%20by%20Louie%20Spence%20as%20a%20judge%20on%20Dancing%20On%20Ice

'I've been stitched up!' Jason Gardiner is said to be furious after being replaced by Louie Spence as a judge on Dancing On Ice

A source told the Daily Mirror: 'There have been criticisms that Jason had got too harsh, with many viewers questioning whether he was qualified to criticise ice skating.

'Viewers don't mind fair criticism but there is a real feeling that last year things went too far. It's likely to leave Jason feeling more than a bit red-faced after what he said to Karen last year.'

However, a source close to Gardiner insisted it was his decision to leave the series, adding: 'Negotiations were ongoing. ITV did initially try to reach agreement but there were stumbling blocks over pay and the producers' lack of commitment to him.

Controversial:%20Jason%20hit%20the%20headlines%20last%20year%20when%20he%20was%20accused%20of%20bullying%20former%20judge%20Karen%20Barber

Controversial: Jason hit the headlines last year when he was accused of 'bullying' former judge Karen Barber

'Jason was annoyed that they didn't immediately give him their becaing for another series, but he's worried that viewers will think he's been dropped over the row with Karen last year - that is absolutely not the case.'

As well as Gardiner leaving the show, his fellow judge Emma Bunton is also off, with Olympic figure skating champion Katarina Witt taking her place.

As%20they%20were:%20Emma%20Bunton%20is%20also%20off,%20but%20head%20judge%20Robin%20Cousins%20will%20return%20for%20the%20new%20series

As they were: Emma Bunton is also off, but head judge Robin Cousins will return for the new series

Spence and Witt will be joining head judge Robin Cousins on the panel.

Spence - who has also hosted his own series Showbusiness - said: 'I'm looking forward to being part of such a challenging and spectacular show and can't wait to give my encouragement and critique on the contestants' dance and performance on the ice.'

New judge Witt dominated figure skating for more than a decade winning Olympic golds in 1984 and 1988, before going on to win an Emmy for the 1990 film Carmen on Ice.

New%20faces:%20Former%20Olympic%20figure%20skating%20champion%20Katarina%20Witt%20will%20be%20taking%20the%20place%20left%20by%20Emma%20Bunton
New%20faces:%20Former%20Olympic%20figure%20skating%20champion%20Katarina%20Witt%20will%20be%20taking%20the%20place%20left%20by%20Emma%20Bunton

New faces: Former Olympic figure skating champion Katarina Witt will be taking the place left by Emma Bunton

Expertise:%20Katarina%20took%20home%20Olympic%20golds%20for%20figure%20skating%20in%201984%20and%201988

Expertise: Katarina took home Olympic golds for figure skating in 1984 and 1988

She said: 'I can't wait to join the Dancing On Ice judging panel. As well as offering support and constructive advice to this year's celebrity skaters I'm also looking forward to working alongside my close friends Torvill and Dean.'

Back%20for%20more:%20Coaches%20Jane%20Torvill%20and%20Christopher%20Dean,%20as%20well%20as%20Karen%20Barber%20will%20return%20in%20the%20New%20Year

Back for more: Coaches Jane Torvill and Christopher Dean, as well as Karen Barber will return in the New Year

Talking of the new arrivals, ITV's controller of entertainment Layla Smith said: 'The pair have a wealth of experience which they will be bringing to the new series.

'Their unique flare and passion for their professions will doubtless make for some interesting debates.'

She added: 'We'd like to thank Emma Bunton and Jason Gardiner for their valued contribution during previous series and wish them both all the best with their future projects.'

Mother-of-two Bunton is leaving the series after two years as a judge. She said she wanted to concentrate on other things, including her Heart FM radio show and the launch of a children's clothing range.

She will also be involved with the launch of the musical Viva Forever! - based on the songs of The Spice Girls and written by Jennifer Saunders - in the West End next year.

Bunton - known for many years as Baby Spice - said: 'I loved working on Dancing On Ice; it was so much fun and I love the team.

'I made this decision as I have to prioritise all the exciting projects lined up for me next year, as well as my Heart FM radio show, and juggle these with being a busy mum.

'I wish everyone on the show the best of luck.'

The new series will see the return of head coach Karen Barber, to offer her expertise to the show's celebrity skaters, while former host Holly Willoughby will be replaced by Christine Bleakley.

Edited by Bren - 03 Dec 2011 at 10:34
BambionIce View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote BambionIce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2011 at 20:05
Good news on at least two counts if it proves to be true - no more Jason and another proper skater on the panel.  Katarina was a brilliant performer.
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2011 at 20:28
def true 
Eviesmum View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Twilight Mad

Quote Eviesmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2011 at 21:09
Both Emma and Jason confirmed they were leaving on Twitter yesterday ClapDance
TashaK View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote TashaK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2011 at 08:41
I'm so glad to see the back of Jason and Emma but Louie Spence? He's a very talented dancer but he's an idiot, I cringed at Pineapple Dance Studios (not just because of him) but found his 'Showbusiness' show ridiculous.
Before you criticise someone walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you do criticise them you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.
Jonnyboy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Gonk

Quote Jonnyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2011 at 16:51
I would rather have Jason any day over Lopuis Walsh. Any credibility that the new jusges will bring will be lost by his antics. It will be like Brune on speed. 
BambionIce View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote BambionIce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2011 at 20:05
I've no idea who this Louis fellow is (possibly a good thing, given Jonyboy's comments!) but in terms of credibility the panel has much more clout for me this year.  3 Olympic gold medals... I'll listen to Robin and Katarina and ignore the "performance judge" as I always did with Jason and Emma.
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2011 at 13:16

oops error pc sticking...

Edited by deborah31 - 06 Dec 2011 at 14:36
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2011 at 13:19

I feel sorry for Karen in all this, is she back this year, as advisor?? or coach, whatever her role was?? (a bit of a nothing, and a demotion from judge) left in no-mans land

Wonder if the big Karen/Dean romance is over now???

At least nasty Jason has gone!!! and didn't see the point in Emma whatsoever!!!
I love Louie Spence, but then I love Bruno too, brightens up what could be a dull show, altho that will also depend on the contestants they get.
Not impressed with Bleakley!!
edit
meant to say at least a decent skater/judge to replace Baby Spice!!!!!

Edited by deborah31 - 06 Dec 2011 at 13:20
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
Toots View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Toots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2011 at 08:53
Originally posted by deborah31

I feel sorry for Karen in all this, is she back this year, as advisor?? or coach, whatever her role was?? (a bit of a nothing, and a demotion from judge) left in no-mans land

Wonder if the big Karen/Dean romance is over now???

At least nasty Jason has gone!!! and didn't see the point in Emma whatsoever!!!
I love Louie Spence, but then I love Bruno too, brightens up what could be a dull show, altho that will also depend on the contestants they get.
Not impressed with Bleakley!!
edit
meant to say at least a decent skater/judge to replace Baby Spice!!!!!

I would think it is still on (this must be a record for Christopher Dean)  I can't see them keeping her on other than because she and Dean are shacked up together.  I think she would have gone a while ago now but he negotiated that 'no man's  land' position she has. So humiliating for her because she is a damned good skater and teacher, and certainly was a much more experienced judge than Jason and Emma.
killersbee View Drop Down
Royal Blue
Royal Blue

Quote killersbee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2011 at 14:48
That's two good things arriving in one! Brilliant!
Catwoman: "For one if I was a bloke, I would not flirt with you two. I have standards."
Toots: "If I had a figure like Ola's, I'd wear that outfit to Sainsburys!"
terrip View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote terrip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2011 at 16:28
Karen is still involved I think, from the sighting at the Indian restaurant in Elstree a couple of weeks ago - Jayne and Chris with Karen.  Elstree is a stone's throw from the Borehamwood studios.
Terri P
moonshine View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote moonshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 14:40
i thought that i heard jason say he was leaving the show back in the summer not long after he did a stint on the program This Morning so can't see why he would be so angury at being replaced when he knew he wanted to go???
moonshine
 Post Reply Post Reply